IT.COM

question Have you ever refused to sell for reasons other than price?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bernard Wright

Established Member
Impact
I wanted to create a poll but perhaps I don't have the credentials yet; I'm rather a luddite and have never really learned how to use a forum. Thanks for all of your patience as I get my sea legs.

I think it would be fun to read some stories as to if/why sales were refused for reasons other than price. Got any?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I haven't refused a sale for any reason other than price. But few potential buyers have pulled out of negotiation with me due to the location I was

•••
People who act like idiots usually don't get the domain from me in the end. Example: Nasty emails with offer or condescending attitude, entitlement etc.

•••
I decline sales every once in a while when the client refuses to disclose the end user of the domain. Every domain I sell comes with bill of sale that has to be signed stating the domain is sold to the end user. A couple of times I had clients refuse to sign and I declined the sale.

Last edited:
•••
I think I would never sail a domain, even for a million dollars, to certain people. Like the guy who massacred ppl in the middle asia

•••
I decline sales every once in a while when the client refuses to disclose the end user of the domain. Every domain I sell comes with bill of sale that has to be signed stating the domain is sold to the end user. A couple of times I had clients refuse to sign and I declined the sale.

Am I misunderstanding, or does this mean you don't sell to other domainers or to a buyer broker who was operating by buying the domain name? Would be interested in a bit more re your thinking @MapleDots.

To answer the original question from @Bernard Wright I have never refused. However if someone was impolite I would cease communication, but that has never happened.

Bob

•••
Am I misunderstanding, or does this mean you don't sell to other domainers or to a buyer broker who was operating by buying the domain name? Would be interested in a bit more re your thinking @MapleDots.

Bob

No signed bill of sale then I don't sell. I do not sell to ANY brokers without knowing end user. I recently turned down 10k from a broker.

Triangle.ca sold to a broker recently for 15k. It was for a Billion dollar corporation and the domainer that sold it probably had no idea who it sold it too. Had he known he could easily have gotten 100k.

No right or wrong here.... it's just my policy and you can see it from the very first contact

https://mapledots.ca/contact

PS. I don't sell to domainers, I retail, I don't wholesale.

Last edited:
•••
PS. I don't sell to domainers, I retail, I don't wholesale.
If you have a price in mind and it is retail price, then it does not matter who buys it, end user or otherwise.
As long as you pay my price I'm not going to meddle in your business plans.

People who act like idiots usually don't get the domain from me in the end. Example: Nasty emails with offer or condescending attitude, entitlement etc.
I'm sure quite a few deals have fallen through due to bad attitude :xf.grin:

In fact, some domain owners are difficult to work with.
I would say it's not domainers, but the 'normal', non-domainer people. Their expectations are often unrealistic, precisely because they don't have our experience and knowledge of the market, and they seem to think just because somebody contacted them to buy a domain - they hit the jackpot and will soon retire to the sun :xf.rolleyes:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back