Domain Empire

Have you ever had a name just stop getting traffic

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I regged a name a few weeks back and parked it at Sedo.
It got just a few views the first couple of weeks and then it exploited-----60 views and about 28 clicks in one week.
And then about a week ago it just stopped----no views since then.
Has this every happened?
I could understand the views---it could be a number of things but it got about 50% clicks so it was real traffic.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Volholic said:
I regged a name a few weeks back and parked it at Sedo.
It got just a few views the first couple of weeks and then it exploited-----60 views and about 28 clicks in one week.
And then about a week ago it just stopped----no views since then.
Has this every happened?
I could understand the views---it could be a number of things but it got about 50% clicks so it was real traffic.
Thanks

check DNS , Forward, And type the name your self and see if you get redirected to sedo , and watch for that veiw if it will appear in your CP in sedo , if not change the parking system for that name and see ,
check ovt for the keyword of your domain too see if there is any search made about the keyword , if there is no search , then you have a domain that was an event at one time , sorry i can't really tell what it is because you did not montioned the name that would help to think of what may happend

Tv

•••
I'd try the site to see if its still parked at Sedo. I had a domain that stopped getting traffic (although it wasn't getting a lot, but nonetheless consistent), apparently GoDaddy reverted back to it's default NS for some inexplicable reason...

•••
I had a typo name which was getting good traffic but all of sudden the actual website was closed and traffic on my typo name also became 0 in few days.

•••
sufi said:
I had a typo name which was getting good traffic but all of sudden the actual website was closed and traffic on my typo name also became 0 in few days.

what was the typo ?if you dont mind

thankx
Tv

•••
slipxaway said:
GoDaddy reverted back to it's default NS for some inexplicable reason...

hmm, odd, that happened on a few of my domains too a few months back...

•••
I have BabyRanch.com which I bought as an expired name. For the first few months I used to get about 200 visitors per week (parked on Sedo) - the traffic gradually died out as visitors realized that the online clothing store for kids is no longer operational. I now get about 30 visits a month.

•••
Baby Ranch, is that where they farm babies? If so, I wouldn't mind changing careers...

•••
slipxaway said:
Baby Ranch, is that where they farm babies? If so, I wouldn't mind changing careers...

:lol: this is what happens when you buy expired domains at 5 am....

•••
First you have to ask, where was the traffic coming from before? With some 'secondhand ' domains that used to belong to developed sites, the traffic is coming from links on other websites. If the domain remains parked, eventually these links will disappear too as webmasters prune them off their sites.

RJ

•••
It was a new name regged with no backlinks
FreeMosquito.com which I regged for the new mosquitotone ringtone and like I said it took about 2 weeks and then it got those numbers but after a week it just stopped----I could understand if it was one that had dropped but this sure seems weird.
Thanks

•••
i recently got some names blocked on namedrive (google names and one TMed)

•••
diddie said:
i recently got some names blocked on namedrive (google names and one TMed)

Tut, Tut. ( :red: Me too).

Often when you first park a domain it receives Spider views and even Google admits they can result in clicks.

RJ is quite right too about old links fading out.

I also have domains relating to Student Grants, these receive huge traffic for two months a year but then go down to a trickle.

•••
DOMiNIC said:
Tut, Tut. ( :red: Me too).

Often when you first park a domain it receives Spider views and even Google admits they can result in clicks.

RJ is quite right too about old links fading out.

I also have domains relating to Student Grants, these receive huge traffic for two months a year but then go down to a trickle.
i parked them with sedo now, but performance is not comparable

you're right, some names get just spiders during first weeks of parking, also i noticed some names get higher traffic after 2-3 months of parking (i imagine they get a little ranked into SE), usually that lasts 1 or 2 month and traffic comes back to steady

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back