Dynadot

advice Have traffic but not income

NameSilo
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
I have news website ExpressDigest.com that posts DailyMail.co.uk news.
I have around 80 new posts each day.
They are not unique but pure copy-paste.
It works already 2 weeks and just 5 days ago I noticed a lot of traffic.
Around 150 unique visitor each day.
They read posts, not just coming to see and go.
I dont understand well in Google Analytics so I use Wordfence to see visitors, thier IP, country and what posts they read and how many time they stay reading those posts.
The same stats as Google Analytics.
I know they are real visitors, not bots, I used Wordfence more than 1 year monitoring visits to my other sites so I know the stats is real.
Anyway.. Google Analytics shows the same number of visitors.
5 days ago when I suddenly noticed traffic I got 0,17 cents, the next day 0,87, the next day 0,52 etc
Yesterday it was just 0,02 cents and today also just 0,02 cents.
But the traffic is the same, even a little more.
I ve got just 2 clicks since last 5 days with around 150 visitors and 600+ viewed posts.
I tried to limit ads to 3, then again put 6 ads in content, 2-3 in sidebar and 1 in the header, but it is the same..
I just get cents for show ads.
Google shows 3800 indexed pages and I have there more than 2000 posts.
What is the problem? What is wrong? And if there is a solution?

PS: Visitors come from Google.co.uk, Google.ca, Google.com, Google.co.in, Google Turkey, Google Taiwan, Google Russia, Google Peru, Norway etc...
All direct or via Google.
All direct visits come from Norway, from the same visitor who reads posts, not just looking at them, he stays a few minutes on each posts and then continues to read another ones... Come during all the day.. So all direct traffic comes just from this visitor.
So, the rest of traffic come from Google.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you tried marketing your site with a facebook business page. I did the same for my magazine site Pmsl.com,
I post funny videos daily on my fb page which therefore bring traffic to my website.

•••
Have you tried marketing your site with a facebook business page. I did the same for my magazine site Pmsl.com,
I post funny videos daily on my fb page which therefore bring traffic to my website.
I got 30 days ban on Facebook.
Still must wait 1 week more

•••
I got 30 days ban on Facebook.
Still must wait 1 week more
ok, try that route when you're back on, do you mind me asking what they banned you for?

•••
•••
I dont think your ads are well targeted to your content, which is why I suggested monetized dynamic text links like viglinks earlier...
How many people click ads when they're on a gossip / news site to begin with? Especially if the ads are for payment processors and hosting? If it's not a match, no click. It's bound to be hit or miss.

•••
I dont think your ads are well targeted to your content, which is why I suggested monetized dynamic text links like viglinks earlier...
How many people click ads when they're on a gossip / news site to begin with? Especially if the ads are for payment processors and hosting? If it's not a match, no click. It's bound to be hit or miss.
I will try viglinks, whatever it is. .

•••
I also added viglink, just have no idea where y how it has to appear there, I dont see nothing, any special link or whatever it is..

•••
Viglinks adds links in your text content. Still may be difficult to target, but if Adsense isn't working, try other things.

•••
Viglinks adds links in your text content. Still may be difficult to target, but if Adsense isn't working, try other things.
I checked it all today, counted every unique visitor and the amount of reading posts.
So, I think I just need add traffic, more visitors.
At least 500 uniques by day.
But need FB for it.
Not sure I will create public, but could share "breaking news" in groups and comments.
The problem is that I cant have huge BD, so just can post last 10 days news, but 90% of visitors read 2-3 days ago posts, not earlier ones.
Anyway, I left there Shorte.es (just pop-up in a new window) and AdSense.

•••
Ok, finally I could find how to display Amazon.UK related items.
They ask to create a different account for each country.
So, now I have sorte.st pop-up that appears just once in our to each new visitor in a new window.
I have AdSense (1 horizontal banner on Homepage above the grid content, 3 horizontal image banners inside the post content and 1 after post content)
I also have Amazon banner in the Header of each page/post, and 5 banners in sidebar of each post.

Is it correct ubication for all these banners?
What kind of banner would you recommend me for Amazon?
I use 300x250 square text-and-image banners inside the sidebar and a horizontal banner in the Header.

I used category banners like:
Fire Tablets
Kindle Store
Outlet
PC & Video Games
Consumer Electronics
Video Games and Consoles

I think nobody would buy Grocery or Car & Motobike accesories in Internet.
Am I right?

Or maybe better use Amazon links instead of banners?

Last edited:
•••
Too many ads, IMO.
Adsense - the highest value clicks are in the first unit on the page. Later ad units will be the cheaper bids.
Too many ads and aggressive ad placement can also affect search rankings.
The trick to getting click through is to match the ads to the interests, demographics and intent of your visitors. Traffic volume can help, but it isn't just a numbers game.
People buy everything through Amazon, the ones buying car accessories or grocery items may not be the ones who visit your site.
Not too hard to get demographic info for your site, since you're reposting daily mail articles - just look at theirs. Took me about 10 seconds to find out the vast majority of their audience is 35+, so anything geared towards 18-35 probably won't get a click. There's more info available if you look.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, so where would you suggest remove ads?

Header - horizontal Amazon banner (shown in all posts)
Before post content - Amazon horizontal banner (shown in all posts)
Post content - AdSense (3 ads inside and 1 after the content)
Post Sidebar - 5 Amazon banners and 1 Adsense banner
Shrte.es pop-up - (appears 1 each 1 hour for each visitor)

*AdSense inside posts appears after 3rd, 8th and 13th paragraphes.

Finally removed some banners from here:
Now the Post Sidebar - 2 Amazon banners and NO Adsense

Last edited:
•••
Out of facebook ban!!
So, should I create News Public or better some kind of magazine and post there not just from ExpressDigest.com, but from some of my other webs?
Or better separate public for each projest?

•••
With 150 visits per day... that's around 4500 visits per month. Unfortunately, with that traffic volume, you shouldn't expect much revenue at all. Keep in mind this traffic comes from various countries and it's not targetted traffic so the conversion/ad click thru rate will be low. Then add to that that most people are using ad blockers these days, realistically I would be surprised if you were making more than a few cents per day with this traffic.

Also how well is your site optimzed for mobile traffic and are you able to check if most of your users are on a computer or are they mobile users?

Just a suggestion, maybe you should throw up some good quality Amazon product reviews in your site as well... these reviews can link to the actual product on Amazon with your affiliate link. Doing this would help monetize the traffic that is being wasted by people using Ad blockers. An amazon review article won't really have any ad's just some content about the product and why you think it's awesome and then a link to the product on amazon so it won't get blocked by ad blockers.

Last edited:
•••
With 150 visits per day... that's around 4500 visits per month. Unfortunately, with that traffic volume, you shouldn't expect much revenue at all. Keep in mind this traffic comes from various countries and it's not targetted traffic so the conversion/ad click thru rate will be low. Then add to that that most people are using ad blockers these days, realistically I would be surprised if you were making more than a few cents per day with this traffic.

Also how well is your site optimzed for mobile traffic and are you able to check if most of your users are on a computer or are they mobile users?

Just a suggestion, maybe you should throw up some good quality Amazon product reviews in your site as well... these reviews can link to the actual product on Amazon with your affiliate link. Doing this would help monetize the traffic that is being wasted by people using Ad blockers. An amazon review article won't really have any ad's just some content about the product and why you think it's awesome and then a link to the product on amazon so it won't get blocked by ad blockers.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
I dont expect right now high income, I bust want to improve the traffic and get more visitors.
If I mention now income it is just to explain the situation.
I earn now 3-10 cents by day and if I have click then 0.20-1.00 more.
But these few cents show that I go to the right direction, thats all I need, each few additional daily cents make me happy just because they prove everything is ok.
I will try your suggestions tomorrow and I hope they will help.

Last edited:
•••
@deez007,
I think I will change my hosting plan and set 1Gb db and will separate news from temporary and fixed.
Temporary will have just 1 year, after 1 year I delete one month, then another one.
Temporary I mean sport results for example.
Breaking news, showbiz gossip and viral news I rewrite and leave archived.
Build FB page but not 100% dedicated exactly to this site, but some kind of magazine where I post from few news site portals, few travel sites etc....
One page for all.
What do you think?

•••
@deez007,
I think I will change my hosting plan and set 1Gb db and will separate news from temporary and fixed.
Temporary will have just 1 year, after 1 year I delete one month, then another one.
Temporary I mean sport results for example.
Breaking news, showbiz gossip and viral news I rewrite and leave archived.
Build FB page but not 100% dedicated exactly to this site, but some kind of magazine where I post from few news site portals, few travel sites etc....
One page for all.
What do you think?

It's a good idea to diversify your content if you not targeting a specific niche...but I think maybe a good idea not to delete any content..even "temporary" content, keep it archived but dont remove it because those pages will be crawled and indexed. So even if they bring in a small stream of traffic it's still worth keeping them and also the more pages indexed by the serps the better.

•••
With automatic plugin I add to ExpressDigest.com 80-100 posts daily.
I still couldnt count exactly daily mb for DB.
But I have now arount 60 mb and 2000 posts.
So, one day I will need delete some posts.

•••
With automatic plugin I add to ExpressDigest.com 80-100 posts daily.
I still couldnt count exactly daily mb for DB.
But I have now arount 60 mb and 2000 posts.
So, one day I will need delete some posts.

You could do that.... OR, reduce the amount of Auto posts your doing per day...
I'm assuming the plugin you are using scarpes posts based on keywords you input?

If this is the case then what I suggest you do is.. every day, use Google Trends then use keywords from the Google trends data and input that into your plugin so it pulls fresh trending content.... so basically every day or every second day you should be refreshing your keywords on the plugin to match that of Google trends... I don't know if this will work, I am merely suggesting something that you can try and see if it works to increase traffic volumes :)

•••
It posts from feed list.
Each feed goes to specific categories.
But I also can make it post by keywords

•••
You are a few of the lucky whose AdSense is yet not banned for using the code on duplicate contents. Please read through AdSense terms more thoroughly and decide you want to still take the risk.
For automated/scrapped content, I would suggest to use ad services like a-ads.

•••
You are a few of the lucky whose AdSense is yet not banned for using the code on duplicate contents. Please read through AdSense terms more thoroughly and decide you want to still take the risk.
For automated/scrapped content, I would suggest to use ad services like a-ads.
I dont think so.
I also have a few webs where I also have not original content, but mixed from a few source and still had no any issue.
Just a few days ago AdSense asked me to delete one post or edit it content because of the word "nude" inside.
Anyway, each one of posts has sorce link, and I plan to make a light rewrite to fixed articles.
Temporary ones will leave as they are.
I also dont host any photo on my server.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back