IT.COM

domain Have pity on a Newby with Covid domains like Covid plan.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren33

Impact
Hi,

I have no idea what I’m doing. 🤣 I have 35 domain names that I created when Covid first appeared (yes I had a lot of time on my hands). I sold one prior to godaddy deciding to stop all Covid domain creation and sales (created for $11, sold for $750). Now I need to know if I should hold onto the rest, sell them now (somewhere?), or just abandon them because annual fees are about to roll around.

Can I just list these domains here and you all tell me what you think? Please help! 😭

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sure. I advise you put a space somewhere in each domain to minimize the chance a future potential buyer could find this thread. :xf.smile:

•••
Now I need to know if I should hold onto the rest, sell them now (somewhere?), or just abandon them because annual fees are about to roll around.

Firstly, welcome to nps!

Yes, as said above it is best to mask them. Assuming they are all .coms, you could just leave that (.com) off the name. If not .com, just be sure to spell 'dot' and add spaces and one or two random characters (hl, cy, etc.)

I too have many names coming up for renewal in that segment...time is approaching to decide what to do for mine as well!

Last edited:
•••
Omg thank you so much! I have developed a cursory understanding of how domain buying/selling works but can’t decide if

1) any of these domains are worth anything
2) there is a way to get some kind of valuation without having to pay for potentially a lot of worthless names
3) it’s “legal”/ok/possible to even sell these names
4) there is somewhere to sell them
5) any of the names or all of them together are worth actually hiring a broker
6) I’m a bad person and going to hell for having any domains related to Covid at all.

If I hadn’t created these domains, someone else would have. It honestly didn’t cross my mind initially that there would even be buyers out there who would want some of these names to defraud people (yes I guess that makes me ridiculously naive). I really thought that I could simply sell them to either the companies that would be selling legitimate products or government agencies etc that would want them.

Hopefully I understand correctly what you’re saying about how to make them unsearchable. I’ve added spaces where there actually aren’t any:

Acute Covid care.

Biological tracking.

Bio respirator.

Chronic Covid care.

COVID- us.

COVID19- us.

Covid inflammatory syndrome.

Covid near me.

Covid New Orleans.

COVID plan.

COVID pulse ox.

Covid pulse oximeters.

Covid Texas.

COVID threat.

Covid treatment meds.

Escape respirator.

Germ hood.

Germ prep.

Germ suit.

Germ visor.

Hood respirator.

Longterm Covid care.

Longterm Covid effects.

Pandemic- us.

Pandemic impact.

Pandemic suit.

Personal respirator.

Post Covid pain.

Post Covid treatment.

Sarscov2- us.

Sars guard.

US outbreak.

Vaccinate US.

Virus hood.

Virus impact.

ANY help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
Spaces wont help for some searches...as I said above, go in and remove the com part. There are a few in there there I would keep...still looking them over. I am not fond of the hyphens or those with 'hood' in the name...I will let others offer their opinions. Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
•••
Please (also) be aware that a lot of domains in this category are already included in several Covid-19 Threat Lists that ISPs are using since early 2020 (developed, but even parked domains). It might be difficult to use these domains in the future.

•••
Spaces wont help for some searches...as I said above, go in and remove the com part. There are a few in there there I would keep...still looking them over. I am not fond of the hyphens or those with 'hood' in the name...I will let others offer their opinions. Best of luck to you!
Thanks for that input. The hood ones were chosen simply because that’s the actual name for the respirators that cover the whole head.

•••
Please (also) be aware that a lot of domains in this category are already included in several Covid-19 Threat Lists that ISPs are using since early 2020 (developed, but even parked domains). It might be difficult to use these domains in the future.
This is exactly the info I need to hear. Can you explain more about this to me and which ones you feel fall under that category? And does that mean I’m doing something wrong even owning them? Is there not some way to sell them to the government?

•••
This is exactly the info I need to hear. Can you explain more about this to me and which ones you feel fall under that category? And does that mean I’m doing something wrong even owning them? Is there not some way to sell them to the government?

Here's just a start, but there are a LOT of these lists in existence.

https://www.domaintools.com/resourc...main-risk-assessments-for-coronavirus-threats

https://www.cybersprint.com/blog/pandemic-related-domains-list

https://www.malwarepatrol.net/coronavirus-covid-19-online-scams-data/

https://spycloud.com/analyzing-136k-new-domains-with-covid-19-themes/

etc. etc.

•••
Ok thank you for the links. I went to each read the info but didn’t download the lists with actual domain names because I’m still not sure if that would trigger something that would lead to me owning something I shouldn’t. What’s so baffling to me about this is that it’s a situation where I literally have no idea whether I’m doing something wrong and can’t figure out how to deduce if I am without potentially incriminating myself!

•••
My opinion about your list is as follows. They're not one-word category killer domains like "Mask /./ com" (see me masking this domain?) Your domains compete in a pool of maybe >0.5 million domains on this topic. All owners are hoping they will find a buyer, but I don't think so. Be extra critical when renewing these names.

Last edited:
•••
I have no knowledge in this area, but at first glance, I thought these 4 names stood out as worth further research.

Biological tracking.

Bio respirator.

COVID plan.

Germ suit.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back