IT.COM

question Have I just bought a trademarked domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Truespin Domains

Top Member
Impact
I saw (and was a bit surprised) that output-onlinetexttools.png was available for registration.

Then, after buying, I thought... Hang on, have I just entered the murky world of trademarked names?

Googling reveals an almost unlimited number of news, support and mod sites with Android in the domain, but I thought I'd get your views rather than rely on a "safety in numbers" approach.

Is this okay, or do I leave my family and run for the hills?

I have purposefully used an image to show the domain name. Please do not type the domain in any responses.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
9to5google.com has operated for a long time, google asked them to stop a number of years back but decided to allow it after a review.

So a similar tweaking website will probably pass but they could still decide to challenge it at anytime.

To answer your question.... yes you bought a trademarked name.

•••
You can Simply Put "Android is a Trademark of Google" in the Footer of Your Website. I saw many Websites Like this. So No Trademark Issue. If you want to Sell this Domain then add same in Discription.

Hope it will Help You :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back