Domain Empire

.tv Has the .tv market peaked?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Has the .tv market peaked?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    30.0%
  • No

votes
    63.8%
  • Unsure

votes
    6.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

I think we are seeing numerous signs to suggest the .tv may have peaked. From what I can see of it, it is fairly common for relaunched/new tlds prices peak to at the time of the major auction, when speculator interest is at its highest, and you have a whole lot of people in the market who wouldn’t normally dabble in it. I’m not sure .tv will be an exception to this rule.

The only thing to change is there is now a large number of names in the market with genuine, real value, much like other extensions. In other words it is now on a level playfield in that respect but it is still only that, "level", not tilted upwards. The exuberance has carried over into a lot of unrealistic viewpoints recently in my view,

eg

-People claim this market is just starting to warm up and will be much stronger in a year. (we’ve heard that before)
-The idea that many of these premiums will be developed (of course that will never happen and is setting the scene for later disappointment).
-People talking about “trying to keep the momentum going” and trying to organize group auctions (as though this is an engine that constantly needs top ups of fuel to prevent breakdown).
-People talking about future .tv millionaires.
-World economies seeing another shock spreading out from Europe.

If you look back a month ago that really was a market with a lot of positive elements rolled into, many factors combining that may never be repeated.

So I put this question out there, do you think the .tv market has peaked?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes but... it doesn't matter if it's a typo of .com

I think it will take some time for this TLD to settle and though I don't think there's any reason to think it will revolutionize the internet like the advertisement says I do think it will get decent support from the business/commerce segment. I think it will surpass .org and probably .net's but I'm not so sure about it surpassing .com. You might want to wait to pre-register since is a bit expensive now. However pre registry is selling quite well right now. I myself have pre-registered a few domains, some priority ($300 each). No risk, no return.

Company, corporation was the first thing I thought when I saw it

MAY.CO since 1877

ACME CO.

Here's a little insider tip. .co WILL become extremely popular. Demand is higher then you know.

If your desired .com domain name is taken and the owner is asking 6 figures for it, you can get the .co for 2 figures !

You save 6 figures for the letter M !

It's a second chance.

I understand what you're saying, and as a domainer, I'll nab a few here and there... just don't see it really gaining that much momentum. Its application for companies and corps is excellent no doubt. Its one of the better extensions to come out in a while.

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
strictly typo.

If it's a typo, then what is this .co.uk .co.jp .co.ru .co.cn ect... all about ?

Just decoration ?

or the real abbreviation of the word "company" ?

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
opportunities for typos in .co, naturally.

spend your money anyway you see fit.

When i get my .CO, I'm going to redirect it to my .TV anyways since my website is about cartoons & animation... and little to do with company & corporation it makes sense to have the .TV as my main extension anyways.

It's better to have both, just in case one day i open an animation studio and call it "cartoon corp".

Last edited:
•••
Deb,
It must have been a killer sale since it was Dan Parisi, who owns WhiteHouse.com. Can you give us some clues? 5 figures, 6 figures? Wait a second, could this have been the $50,000 sale?!?

deb said:
Eq, RJ can confirm its not for publication but sent him escrow details....you guys are close

so We will claim US$50,000 to kick off the .TV year for a high quality political domain @ 24.95 renewal...

Good Luck All Opportunity Knocks at the .TV door

Best,
A

Its just starting, its really, really exciting what is coming for .TV investors... you will see good sales over the next 24 months at a wholesale level...serious offers coming from institutional .com investors :imho:

Any guesses what we sold whitehouse.tv for last year? jeff?

Last edited:
•••
.TV wont overtake .com but it May overtake .net an .org etc :tu:

Agree, .tv is a good alternative to .com.

•••
In my view the .tv market has peaked (more or less). After 10+ years of stagnation it is clear that the end users have more viable alternatives available to them in the form of regulated extensions like .com or mature, professionally run and predictable ccTLDs.
They have little incentive to expose their business to the whims of Verisign and their shareholders :imho:

Right now the .tv registry is a cash cow for Verisign but knows what happens when the contract comes to an end.
The terms for registrants could change completely. Verisign is in the business to make money, not to foster the well-being of domain speculators or even further the cause of the .tv TLD or the nation of Tuvalu.
I'd rather invest in Verisign stocks than .tv. IMO that's much less speculative.

Let's consider the fate of legacy premium pricing holders: they have already been screwed not once, not twice but thrice.
The first time was when they fell into the premium pricing trap.
The second time was when they kept on renewing the names.
The third time was when Verisign refused to grandfather their hefty registration fees.
Now they are bound to be had for the fourth time if they continue to play the game.

.tv is not a good market because of the lack of long-term vision and predictability (that other major extensions enjoy) and markets don't like the uncertainty.

•••
I do not believe .tv has peaked in terms of sales. I do not believe it will ever by like any other extension but as was mentioned above it will surpass .com for video centric sites.

I think there will always be (and should be) a surplus of dictionary .tv's available since 90% of dictionary should not be registered imo unless there is a branding aspect or something that lends it to being good for a video centric channel.

The main question that needs to be asked is "Has Online Video Peaked?". That is the real question and the answer to that one is no, it hasn't. Each day more and more videos are being created, viewed and shared online and this will only continue to grow. As online video continues to grow so will the use for .tv as an extension and so will the need for quality .tv names.

When I think .com I don't think of video or of it being a video centric site. When I hear .tv it is exactly what I expect. You can't really compare .com to .tv since they are made for different purposes.

For example: I own coffee.tv. Would I rather have coffee.com? Of course I would, but as an entrepreneur the type of site I would create for the .com would not be what I would develop for the .tv.

From a domainer perspective I would urge speculators not to reg every name they think sounds good, cool or brandable. Just because it is taken in other extensions does not mean it should be reged in .tv.

When I look at the .tv expired files I am always shocked at how many thousands of .tv names are expiring that I would never have reged and can't imagine what people were thinking when they did reg them.

The value of good .tv names will continue to rise and you will continue to see .tv names selling in the $x,xxx range to $xx,xxx range over the coming year. So no it has not reached it's peak and probably won't for several years to come.

•••
- Television, animation, entertainment was the first thing I thought when I saw .TV in 2001.
- It only targets the entertainment industry.
- When i see a .COM, to me is like a guess box.
- This is the reason why i would redirect my .CO to my .TV

But i believe .CO will lead the domain industry.

- Company, corporation was the first thing I thought when I saw .CO on April 1st.
- It targets EVERYTHING !!!
- Just like .COM it will become the new guest box.
- Someday they will be selling .CO on the same price level as .COM
- That day would be REVOLUTIONARY.

Last edited:
•••
In my view the .tv market has peaked (more or less). After 10+ years of stagnation it is clear that the end users have more viable alternatives available to them in the form of regulated extensions like .com or mature, professionally run and predictable ccTLDs.
They have little incentive to expose their business to the whims of Verisign and their shareholders :imho:

Right now the .tv registry is a cash cow for Verisign but knows what happens when the contract comes to an end.
The terms for registrants could change completely. Verisign is in the business to make money, not to foster the well-being of domain speculators or even further the cause of the .tv TLD or the nation of Tuvalu.
I'd rather invest in Verisign stocks than .tv. IMO that's much less speculative.

Let's consider the fate of legacy premium pricing holders: they have already been screwed not once, not twice but thrice.
The first time was when they fell into the premium pricing trap.
The second time was when they kept on renewing the names.
The third time was when Verisign refused to grandfather their hefty registration fees.
Now they are bound to be had for the fourth time if they continue to play the game.

.tv is not a good market because of the lack of long-term vision and predictability (that other major extensions enjoy) and markets don't like the uncertainty.

What .tv's do you have? Have you had any good offers? You make some great points but it depends our your porfolio. For example, I am selling a $500 premium for $10,000, total cost invested is $3,500 which I bought 1 year ago. Can't disclose yet, but will be on DN Journal in about 2 weeks. Other others pending on premiums as well and non-premiums. My ROI on .tv is better than my ROI on any other investments including stocks, real estate, .com's which is 95% of my porfolio.

I will take my chances on .tv. Either I will be spending the next couple of years helping the "naysayers" put there foot in there mouths, or I will have to hear the "naysayers" tell me I should of bought
"ABZIJR.com" on a drop and should not of wasted $900 on DM.tv?

I do agree with you regarding "Verisign", they are out to screw us, but despite of them, I believe your going to see .tv really take off in the next couple of year IMO.

Thanks, JIm

•••
New to the domain biz but I'm going to put in my two cents anyways. I don't think .TV has peaked.

.com is King, always will be....

.TV makes a lot of sense for media related sites though. Video on the internet is exploding and is not showing any signs of slowing down. As Jeff likes to point out, .TV Originally was only a ccTLD for the teeny tiny isle of Tuvalu. This is NOT how the general population perceives the extension though. Upon first hearing of the extension 99.9% of people believe it means Television. Therefore, if perception creates reality, then we have a nice future ahead of us for .TV.

•••
...for some reason I wasn't going to vote as I saw this thread for several days and wasn't too concerned with whatever the results may or may not be. Then when I saw your vote and rationale, or "reasons", for it I decided to level the playing field somewhat and cast my lot as well.

I did detect more than the usual amount of frustration in your post, but that's to be expected, I guess, as the more the time goes by, the more popular the extension gets.

The technological news must be harrowing for some of the yes votes as well, as the new accomodations that are being presented for users also serve the .tv extension perfectly. Let alone the fact that with its new-found visibility and exposure more and more people are now actually interested in buying a .tv name.

My vote is cast toward no only because if it's sales are steady as has been indicated and it is continuing now in a multi-directional path as evidenced by auctions other than sedo, it would make perfect sense to do so.

Remember, I stated in a previous thread that the word "teeny" means nothing to me. That's only because good things come in small(read "teeny") packages!

Thank you...my vote is no, it has yet to peak.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

...if perception creates reality, then we have a nice future ahead of us for .TV.

...and I see that you can hear that steak sizzle as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
To all of the people who voted - Yes - The .TV Market has reached it's peak...

Let me take all of your arguements and throw them into one Post here.

1) .TV means the sinking island of Tuvalu - not anymore, EVERYONE is using the .TV as television just like everyone I know uses the term "scotch" tape whenever they mean transparent tape. (This is a ridiculous arguement) I know more about .TV than a lot of people, and I have no Friggen clue where Tuvalu is even located, nor do I care beause it is a non-factor

2) .TV is a niche/vanity extension. - Sure it is, I will agree 100%. Vanity - Definition #1 - excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, achievements, etc. Yeah, That is exactly my point with a .TV domain, you expect a true quality site when you think of .TV (and that is bad??? LOL) How about "niche" - definition #3 - 3.a distinct segment of a market. Uhhh, sure I will say that also. A distinct segment of a Market that will only grow day by day, as more of us would rather push play and watch a video than read that same info. Even if you would rather read the info, sometimes you just can't explain your every move as well as you can show in a video. So Niche is fine. This TV/Video niche is growing daily, and will replace most text only websites pretty quikly as everyone else tries to keep up with the TV/Video Pioneers.

3) .TV has had an inflated/checkered 10+ years past. Another ridiculous arguement...The past has nothing to do with the future. There has been a lot of bad in all aspects of our lives, that is the past. Shit changes. Should we all hate Germans because of the crap they pulled, No, a new generation of people, and actually some of the best domainers out there right now, so past means nothing. today .TV is relevant and tomorow, It will be commonplace.

4) .TV Legacy Premiums Suck/Verisign is greedy- Yep, So what? All of those legacy .TV's will drop and get picked up immediately or get developed. But even if a Domainer/Investor wants to sit on that legacy forever paying whatever the cost is, who cares, none of anyones Business. I owned a boat for a couple of years. The best times of my life, and cost a ton of $, that was all a loss. It was worth it to me. Greed - haha, Everyone here wants to make the most $ they can with whatever they sell, or do...Whether we make what we want, Its up to whoever wants it. Yeah, I'm greedy too. If I can get $100 per hour or more working as an electrician, great. If I charge that and no one hires me, well then thats my own damn fault. Supply and demand. Always will be that way, so greedy SOB's? yes but I am happy with my purchases.

5) .TV has recently had "hyped" Auctions - Ok, Yeah, Cuz the extension is Flaming Friggen Hot now! have you seen the price of gold when that went up a coupla years ago...Every Corner, Every Site, Every commercial - "We Pay Cash for Your Gold". How about when the Bears made it to the Superbowl, More people bought that Urlacher jersey then ever...Hype - simple concept- excitement like when I bought my new SS Camaro in 2000...so what, It still is a phenomenal car. I sold it this Winter, and the new buyer is still just as hyped as I was when I got it.
Hype for something HOT as Hell will NEVER change. When the masses get emotional over something, price goes up. remember "tickle me Elmo"? LOL

6) .TV has the same old "usual suspect" buyers - Haha - this couldn't be further from the truth! if you are only involved with domains, and THIS Forum only, you would see the additional amount of purchases by people who would have NEVER dreamed of owning a .TV - EVER. Believe me, If I could afford to buy every .TV out, I probably would but it is impossible, cuz they're getting too expensive now, so I have to choose wisely, my competition is getting fiercer by the day now, and thats a good thing.

OK, Now for the sake of ANYone saying Each and every word I wrote in this post is total B.S. - lemme throw this out there.

The O.P.'s question was - Has the .tv market peaked?

Lets say this whole .TV extension Sucks, and is full of lies and deceit, and anything else you could possibly say negatively about it.

We are only in the very beginning of .TV getting SLAMMED in our faces in EVERY corner we turn, maybe less than 6 months, definitely in a year.

How many people are sitting on MySpace, Twitter, FaceBook, etc. Right Now??? Millions.

Now won't a lot of those people quickly migrate to the .TV (Video) sites being force fed to us on a daily basis within the next year...???

I truly believe that.

no one is gonna give a shit about a MySpace, or a Twitter, maybe FaceBook will hold on a little longer but every one and their Mothers will now have their own tv channels thru
UStream.TV, Justin.TV, OWN.TV (Oprahs Channel), Google TV, etc.

This WILL translate into most .TV url's.
Sure for the sake of arguement we may even have .info channels but I believe when we speak of the merging of .TV and Internet, .TV will be #1.

So, back to the O.P's question of Has the .tv market peaked?
There is NO Way we have seen the peak of .TV yet.

Ok, I'm done, lol
Vito

Last edited:
•••

1) .TV means the sinking island of Tuvalu - not anymore, EVERYONE is using the .TV as television just like everyone I know uses the term "scotch" tape whenever they mean transparent tape. (This is a ridiculous arguement) I know more about .TV than a lot of people, and I have no Friggen clue where Tuvalu is even located, nor do I care beause it is a non-factor

2) .TV is a niche/vanity extension. - Sure it is, I will agree 100%. Vanity - Definition #1 - excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, achievements, etc. Yeah, That is exactly my point with a .TV domain, you expect a true quality site when you think of .TV (and that is bad??? LOL) How about "niche" - definition #3 - 3.a distinct segment of a market. Uhhh, sure I willl say that also. A distinct segment of a Market that will only grow day by day, as more of us would rather push play and watch a video than read that same info. Even if you would rather read the info, sometimes you just can't explain your every move as well as you can show in a video. So Niche is fine. This TV/Video niche is growing daily, and will replace most text only websites.

3) .TV has had an inflated/checkered 10+ years past. Another ridiculous arguement...The past has nothing to do with the future. There has been a lot of bad in all aspects of our lives, that is the past. Shit changes. Should we all hate Germans because of the crap they pulled, No, a new generation of people, and actually some of the best domainers out there right now, so past means nothing. today .TV is relevant and tomorow, It will be commonplace.

4) .TV Legacy Premiums Suck/Verisign is greedy- Yep, So what? All of those legacy .TV's will drop and get picked up immediately or get developed. But even if a Domainer/Investor wants to sit on that legacy forever paying whatever the cost is, who cares, none of anyones Business. I owned a boat for a couple of years. The best times of my life, and cost a ton of $, that was all a loss. It was worth it to me. Greed - haha, Everyone here wants to make the most $ they can with whatever they sell, or do...Whether we make what we want, Its up to whoever wants it. Yeah, I'm greedy too. If I can get $100 per hour or more working as an electrician, great. If I charge that and no one hires me, well then thats my own damn fault. Supply and demand. Always will be that way, so greedy SOB's? yes but I am happy with my purchases.

5) .TV has recently had "hyped" Auctions - Ok, Yeah, Cuz the extension is Flaming Friggen Hot now! have you seen the price of gold when that went up a coupla years ago...Every Corner, Every Site, Every commercial - "We Pay Cash for Your Gold". How about when the bears made it to the Superbowl, More people bought that Urlacher jersey then ever...Hype - simple concept- excitement like when I bought my new SS Camaro in 2000...so what, It still is a phenomenal car. I sold it this Winter, and the new buyer is still just as hyped as I was when I got it.
Hype for something HOT as Hell will NEVER change. When the masses get emotional over something, price goes up. remember "tickle me Elmo"? LOL

6) .TV has the same old "usual suspect" buyers - Haha - this couldn't be further from the truth! if you are only involved with domains, and THIS only Forum, you would see the additional amount of purchases by people who would have NEVER dreamed of owning a .TV - EVER. Believe me, If I could afford to buy every .TV out, I probably would but it is impossible, cuz they're getting too expensive now, so I have to choose wisely, my competition is getting fiercer by the day now, and thats a good thing.

OK, Now for the sake of ANYone saying Each and every word I wrote in this post is total B.S. - lemme throw this out there.

Lets say this whole .TV extension Sucks, and is full of lies and deceit, and anything else you could possibly say negatively about it.

We are only in the very beginning of .TV getting SLAMMED in our faces in EVERY corner we turn, maybe less than 6 months, definitely in a year.

How many people are sitting on MySpace, Twitter, FaceBook, etc. Right Now??? Millions.

Now won't a lot of those people quickly migrate to the .TV (Video) sites being force fed to us on a daily basis within the next year...???

I truly believe that.

no one uis gonna give a shit about a MySpace, or a Twitter, maybe FaceBook will hold on a little longer but every one and their Mothers will now have their own tv channels thru

This WILLL translate into most .TV url's.
Sure for the sake of arguement we may even have .info channels but I believe when we speak of the merging of .TV and Internet, .TV will be #1.

Ok, I'm done, lol
Vito

superb...the theses are nailed upon the door!

Thanks for the explicit, profound and sound rebuttals that you have presented. You have spoken for those investors of the burgeoning .tv extension in a way that is practical as well as understandable!

•••
The recent changes to the pricing model certainly have brought extra interest to .TV, however if that continues remains to be seen. Was it a temporary blip or the jolt that .TV needed? We will see.

There is no way it will ever surpass C/N/O though. Those extensions are all widely used and embraced in the entire world and fit a much more broad variety of terms than .TV does.

Brad

•••

2) .TV is a niche/vanity extension. - Sure it is, I will agree 100%. Vanity - Definition #1 - excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities, achievements, etc. Yeah, That is exactly my point with a .TV domain, you expect a true quality site when you think of .TV (and that is bad??? LOL) How about "niche" - definition #3 - 3.a distinct segment of a market. Uhhh, sure I will say that also. A distinct segment of a Market that will only grow day by day, as more of us would rather push play and watch a video than read that same info. Even if you would rather read the info, sometimes you just can't explain your every move as well as you can show in a video. So Niche is fine. This TV/Video niche is growing daily, and will replace most text only websites pretty quikly as everyone else tries to keep up with the TV/Video Pioneers.

5) .TV has recently had "hyped" Auctions - Ok, Yeah, Cuz the extension is Flaming Friggen Hot now! have you seen the price of gold when that went up a coupla years ago...Every Corner, Every Site, Every commercial - "We Pay Cash for Your Gold". How about when the Bears made it to the Superbowl, More people bought that Urlacher jersey then ever...Hype - simple concept- excitement like when I bought my new SS Camaro in 2000...so what, It still is a phenomenal car. I sold it this Winter, and the new buyer is still just as hyped as I was when I got it.

6) .TV has the same old "usual suspect" buyers - Haha - this couldn't be further from the truth! if you are only involved with domains, and THIS Forum only, you would see the additional amount of purchases by people who would have NEVER dreamed of owning a .TV - EVER. Believe me, If I could afford to buy every .TV out, I probably would but it is impossible, cuz they're getting too expensive now, so I have to choose wisely, my competition is getting fiercer by the day now, and thats a good thing.

I truly believe that.

no one is gonna give a shit about a MySpace, or a Twitter, maybe FaceBook will hold on a little longer but every one and their Mothers will now have their own tv channels thru

This WILL translate into most .TV url's.

Ok, I'm done, lol
Vito

Vito,

Can I hire you to put my thoughts in writing:)

Everytime, I read your posts, I walk tall, sick my chest out, and just feel good about .tv. Your right up there for .tv domainer of the year.
Man, your posts are good and right on!!!

Thanks, Jim

•••
Travel helps, but it is not really necessary to travel to understand the value of ccTLDs. Open Financial Times (readily available anywhere in the US), what do you see? Sure, some .coms here and there, but mostly co.uk and org.uk! And lately – .TV (From what I hear from my British friends, .TV is advertised left and right in the UK).

In Russia, com is virtually non-existent. .ru is king (or czar, if you will), with .net (for whatever reason) in the second place. When I mention .com, people stare at me – what’s that supposed to mean? No kidding.

Bottomline – com is mostly an American thing, not even global.

TV is global for television in all languages. Chinese understand it, Japanese understand it, Arabs understands it ...

Be proud of .TV

Last edited:
•••
The limiting ccTLD ".TV" market peaked at the recent Sedo Premium .TV auction ... whereafter it was soon discovered that only a relative few "buyers" emerged (in fact, 20+ .TV's were purchased by ONE "buyer" at this venue!); thus highlighting just how narrow the scope & breadth of actual demand in this sideways extension IMHO. :red:

To further understand how it had peaked at that time ... how many (and which specific .TV's) have confirmed / verified "sold" since this hyped auction (including to bona-fide End users / developers who will contribute to an "ecosystem")? :blink:

Best regards,
Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
.COM is the global brand. It is not an American thing. The only thing that might be more popular in certain places is the local ccTLD. 1000 out of the top 1550 Alexa traffic sites in the world are .COM - Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .COM

As far as .TV goes the Alexa rankings tell the story about usage. It is far more similar to .BIZ than NET/ORG or even .INFO as far as popularity.

There are 1000 Alexa ranked .TV sites in the top 236,000 total sites (1 in 236)
Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .TV

.NET has 1000 in the top 16,000 ( 1 in 16)
Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .NET

.ORG 1000 in the top 31,000 (1 in 31)
Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .ORG

.INFO has 1000 in the top 83,000 (1 in 83)
Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .INFO

.BIZ is most similar to .TV with 1000 in the top 287,000 ( 1 in 287)
Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .BIZ

Brad

Travel helps, but it is not really necessary to travel to understand the value of ccTLDs. Open Financial Times (readily available anywhere in the US), what do you see? Sure, some .coms here and there, but mostly co.uk and org.uk! And lately – .TV (From what I hear from my British friends, .TV is advertised left and right in the UK).

In Russia, com is virtually non-existent. .ru is king (or czar, if you will), with .net (for whatever reason) in the second place. When I mention .com, people stare at me – what’s that supposed to mean? No kidding.

Bottomline – com is mostly an American thing, not even global.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Vito, very nice. Of course, Jeff, et al, will ignore your responses and continue to ask these same questions in unending, repetitive negative thread after inglorious thread, but good post, anyway.

Hey Roguester!

I actually think he wrote that post more for ALL than ONE! he wrote that for me, for you, for discovernow, for anyone that wants to see his reasons for the direction he has taken.

It's nice to think that we can gravitate around just one person but that is just not necessary any longer, if it ever was to begin with.

Now the numbers come out as to Alexa rankings...I could really care less about that, too! The truth be told, the .tv extension is a phenomenon that really is it's own branch, that branch bearing fruit as well.

I care about c/n/o sure, I have a lot of them...but they are diffrent. Let's compare apples and oranges. not.

Anyway, Vito nails it as always.

•••
Alexa rankings tell a story. That story shows .TV is no threat to pass other established extensions by as some members seem to think will happen.

I am glad members here like .TV, I have nothing against the extension. But sometimes a little reality check is in order.

Brad

Now the numbers come out as to Alexa rankings...I could really care less about that, too! The truth be told, the .tv extension is a phenomenon that really is it's own branch, that branch bearing fruit as well.

I care about c/n/o sure, I have a lot of them...but they are diffrent. Let's compare apples and oranges. not.

•••
First off,

Thank You Ken, Jim, and Tom for the nice comments.
VERY Much appreciated! :)

Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .TV[/url]

.NET has 1000 in the top 16,000 ( 1 in 16)
Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .NET

.ORG 1000 in the top 31,000 (1 in 31)
Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .ORG

.INFO has 1000 in the top 83,000 (1 in 83)
Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .INFO

.BIZ is most similar to .TV with 1000 in the top 287,000 ( 1 in 287)
Top 1000 Alexa rankings within .BIZ

Brad

Brad,

What you are providing us here with Alexa Ranked sites as of today, due to their past History and up til today as established sites is great, but unfortunately not earth-shattering News.
As a matter of fact it has nothing to do with this thread whatsoever.

The topic at hand is...
Has the .TV market peaked?

Look up above in the Poll results.
Most people here believe it has not peaked yet, and a lot of these people are players in this .TV future.

This is about the future, no one is arguing that there are more Alexa Ranked .TV's than other domains....

Verisign just released 50,000+ .TV's just 2 months ago!
At this point .TV is almost like a Brand new extension again.
First things first...they have to be purchased to develop them. LOL

This is about the future Domain Market, which will reflect on the Alexa rankings in a year, 2 years, 5 years, etc.

This is about the .TV Market today, and the future Brad.

If we are talking domain sales for this year, I will take the time out to show you that .TV is blowing away every extension except for .com, and maybe .de (have to research that again) this year so far.

Vito

Last edited:
•••
This is a .TV forum, what did you expect the poll to read? That is like asking "Are 3D domains a good investment" in the 3D domain thread. The responses are predictable.

The only reason I bring up NET/ORG is some other members seem to think .TV is going to pass them, which will clearly never happen.

Brad

Lookk up above in the Poll results.
Most people here believe it has not peaked yet, and a lot of these people are players in this .TV future.

This is about the future, no one is arguing that there are more Alexa Ranked .TV's than other domains....First they have to be purchased to develop them.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back