IT.COM

Has NamePros.com slowed down a lot?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sky

Established Member
Impact
Seems like there used to be a lot more activity.
What's going on? Is it the economy downturn or what?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I see less posts and fewer members visiting the forums.

I guess it has to do with the slowdown too, but some months ago the traffic really worsened when there were some server problems.

I rememeber seeing over 300 people in the main forum, and now there are like 70. But only RJ knows exactly as he has the stats.

•••
appears to be dead....listings appear to be the "race to the bottom" with people trying to unload their names for next to nothing...

•••
I don't think it is just Namepros. It seems that most forums I visit, similar to NP, are showing a reduction in traffic.

I could be wrong, but I do think the economic downturn has a lot to do with it.

Chuck

•••
Personally I am waiting for that upgrade to happen.

Yes you are right I am also seeing less activity day by day.

•••
Jammer said:
appears to be dead....listings appear to be the "race to the bottom" with people trying to unload their names for next to nothing...

Just keeping domain worth saving in long run. Other domains needs to be liquidated asap :sold:

•••
Jammer said:

I think people are selling there names for "next to nothing" because it seems that people are not willing to pay for a name, unless it is a premium name. Good names, even some fair ones, used to sell pretty well. Not any more.

A lot of people are attempting to do little more than reduce the size of their portfolio.

Chuck

•••
chamac said:
I think people are selling there names for "next to nothing" because it seems that people are not willing to pay for a name, unless it is a premium name. Good names, even some fair ones, used to sell pretty well. Not any more.

A lot of people are attempting to do little more than reduce the size of their portfolio.

Chuck

I agree with your first sentence alot actually!From the sales prices/bidding wars, you would assume every person on NP buying names is broke. I'm not saying names don't sell for good or solid prices, but i've seen alot of names sold for cheap or nothing, but they were good names! On the other hand, if it takes a recession for you to drop names voluntarily, then i'll assume you're not as long sighted in your domain vision, or they were just bad names that were overhyped up when the market was healthier. because why would you drop a good or decent name because prices have "dropped" generally? As for NP activity, i agree with you all. I've not seen the site down so many times in the past 2 months or so, and some threads that used to have daily posts, are now really sluggish...

•••
The forum is down half the time for me, I just get database errors when I try to visit. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

•••
combs84 said:
The forum is down half the time for me, I just get database errors when I try to visit. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

NP does a server maintenance on most days i think for around 20min/day. Not sure if your time overlaps with the maintenance time.

•••
I get errors at different times of the day and the forum slows dramatically. Seems like there's at least one other person having the same issue as me ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back