IT.COM

Has anyone tried to Park their own domains? Ie cut out middleman?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joshh71390

Top Member
Impact
I have been thinking a lot about domain parking this week and other forms of monetizing stagnant ends of my portfolio but is it possible to make good money by essentially parking your own domain names personally?

I have nothing against the parking sites I use. Even had a 16 dollar day on like a handful of clicks for one site other day, but I mean clearly parking company's have overhead and that does not come out of their pockets.

plus u feel like you would have more control over the site.

Ie. If you have a site for soundclips. You might be able to throw some affiliate sound clips up, or whatever so it's more direct then the dreaded park landers.

Any insights let me know. Also if their are any g
Worthwhile cheap scripts out there let me know I'm always willing to give it a shot

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't quite get your idea... Are you talking about developing your domains into the sites? Or just slapping some one-pager landings? If the latter, how would you monetize them? Where are you going to get ads? No advertiser would give their ads to your landers. That's the beauty of the parking companies: they can get ads for the landers. You can't.

•••
I see. thank you for the input

•••
Where are you going to get ads?

affiliate text links from viglink and skimlinks are available for many companies.

•••
If you have an authority website that gets decent traffic, then you can charge for advertising and deal with advertisers direct, selling space on your website and cutting out the middleman.
However, the advertisers like to have some stats, demographics, analytics.
Not everybody can afford to deal direct with advertisers, that's why parking and adsense prevail.

Another option would be using an affiliate scheme.

Personally I prefer to focus on sales to end users, than parking.

•••
If you use affiliate programs...
  • Some won't accept you into the program without a developed site
  • It's harder to get a sale or a lead signup than it is to get a click.

•••
affiliate text links from viglink and skimlinks are available for many companies.
Right. But we are talking here about parking pages. Which is basically a blank page with BIN info or contact form, and - ideally - an ads block. In order to insert text links from viglink, you need to put some text onto that page. Which kind of text would it be? Some niche related article? But in this case we are already coming to the site development. This is not simple parking anymore.

•••
...Where are you going to get ads? No advertiser would give their ads to your landers. That's the beauty of the parking companies: they can get ads for the landers. You can't.

BuySellAds.com?

•••
In order to insert text links from viglink, you need to put some text onto that page.

look at their product called "viglinkanywhere".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back