Dynadot

Hardest part about being a young domainer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What is the hardest part about being a young domainer?

Is it getting respect from the older guys?
Completing deals/sales with people?
Losing out on potential revenue due to you not being able to create an Adsense account?

There are many obstacles young domainers face, but starting this early gives us an advantage for when we become older and more experienced.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
for me the hardest part is "not enough cash" to start off with domaining lol....
so i have to wait for one of my domains to sell and then only i can think of purchasing another domain/s
;)

•••
for me the hardest part is "not enough cash" to start off with domaining lol....
so i have to wait for one of my domains to sell and then only i can think of purchasing another domain/s
;)

haha true, I hear ya dude. I started doing a lot of mini jobs such as script installation to pay for my domains when I first got into the mix. Paypal account had a nice fat $0 for a while but then I started to get paid and bought some high value domains and sell them for higher in most cases so I don't lose money. But sometimes I miscalculate the true value of a domain and get rip offed or lose money. =/

•••
haha true, I hear ya dude. I started doing a lot of mini jobs such as script installation to pay for my domains when I first got into the mix. Paypal account had a nice fat $0 for a while but then I started to get paid and bought some high value domains and sell them for higher in most cases so I don't lose money. But sometimes I miscalculate the true value of a domain and get rip offed or lose money. =/

ive experienced dat 2, i lose money when i register domains like i am crazy! once i wanted to make it to the sedo's premium auction
so i registered a lot of co.uk domains finally i made it to the auction,
unfortunately no one bought my domain from that auction lol ;)
even 2day im searching for ways 2 earn some money for buyin domains,
so i do social bookmarking sometimes..
can anyone suggest some mini jobs i can do for some paypal $?

•••
I agree with conanfx, I find that it takes longer to get thing setup like buying domains, hosting and licenses when you are younger. Also, you can only really afford to do one project at a time and once that's making some money I find it hard to resist putting it up for sale, the idea of a lump sum is too appealing when you're young.

My $0.02.

•••
lack of funds, you buy, hosting build the site, then realise you left nothing for marketing :|

wouldn't be so bad if I gad a part time job, which Im working on

•••
Ha thats kinda funny, I'm the total opposite! My only problem is finding enough time. Being 16 it isn't easy to hangout with girls everyday and then still find some time to work. Anyway getting money as a base to start off wasn't a big problem because before domaining I sold random things around my house on eBay for some extra cash so that generated me a few hundred dollars which worked out perfectly. It's a great way to get some quick cash without spending money.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back