Domain Empire

Harder to spot a No Reserve auction on Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who thinks it was easier to spot a No Reserve auction without bids on Flippa before?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I do

votes
    100.0%
  • I don't

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Before if someone listed a domain with the reserve price and start price the same it was considered a no reserve auction. The domain name and price would be in green thus making it easier to spot a no reserve auction. Flippa just recently changed it where it will only turn green if someone places a bid on it regardless if it's a no reserve. So now you have to check every auction that doesn't have a bid to see if it's a no reserve listing. Am I the only one that has noticed this and wish it would go back to how it used to be?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Flippa is dying. Any platform which is not customer-centric will die.

•••
Noticed this too while listing some names, going to be harder for those of us who are actually trying to sell names versus those who list crap with $1 minimum offer

•••
Before if someone listed a domain with the reserve price and start price the same it was considered a no reserve auction. The domain name and price would be in green thus making it easier to spot a no reserve auction. Flippa just recently changed it where it will only turn green if someone places a bid on it regardless if it's a no reserve. So now you have to check every auction that doesn't have a bid to see if it's a no reserve listing. Am I the only one that has noticed this and wish it would go back to how it used to be?

I am noticed this too. No good

•••
Yeah, I don't like it, harder to pick up on steals.

•••
When I have to make an auction without reserve with the start cost of $50, I specified this price and put the same reserve. Earlier it was "green" - reserve met. But recently became gray.

It is just necessary to give sellers to quote the start price more than $1 at the same time not to specify a reserve generally

•••
Noticed this too while listing some names, going to be harder for those of us who are actually trying to sell names versus those who list crap with $1 minimum offer
You I totally agree

•••
Yeah, it used to be a win win for both the buyer and seller. Not sure how changing it benefits anyone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back