NameSilo

discuss Hard to spell or remember

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DuDD

Top Member
Impact
What domain name have you dealt with that is difficult to remember:xf.cry:
Or What domain name is difficult to remember that you have ever seen?

I`m quite interested
  • What is the point of these domain name registrations?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very little point. If an outsider cannot understand your brand, what you sell, get any clue with a domain name...it's a struggle. Even "if" your brand doesn't reflect what you sell, be easy to spell (Amazon, Facebook, Apple)...Apple doesn't sell Apple's. Conclusion: Don't deal with difficulty

•••
Foreign names that are not English based are difficult to spell and pronounce.

•••
Foreign names that are not English based are difficult to spell and pronounce.
  • Hahaha,thanks for your reply

• I know what you mean. For example, jd.com, mi.com.These names are pinyin domain

•••
Very little point. If an outsider cannot understand your brand, what you sell, get any clue with a domain name...it's a struggle. Even "if" your brand doesn't reflect what you sell, be easy to spell (Amazon, Facebook, Apple)...Apple doesn't sell Apple's. Conclusion: Don't deal with difficulty

I have met a name
thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast(@)com
That`s so difficult for me to remember and spell
  • I can only copy it:xf.cry:

•••
Have always had a problem with Lyft..
I`m quite interested
  • What is the point of these domain name registrations?
I think many times, it's folks stuck in the absolutely having to brand on .com mentality, thus coming up with alternate spellings that seem "close enough". Having said, it has spawned some unique names which work well and reflect a creative branding spirit.

•••
A town in Wales.
wales-llanfair-railway-station-sign.jpg

Last edited:
•••
top.dot-hyphen.dot.top.dot.hyphen-dot.top

The point of this "mirrored" (sub) domain name is to train the brain.

;)

•••
•••
A town in Wales.

If it's not already registered, I can think of a couple of regulars here who may be registering it as we speak ;)

•••
•••
•••
Hi

typos, are the hardest domain names to spell, in the address bar.
such domains have earned millions from ppc.

the most difficult to remember, are words less repeated, utilized, etc. in every day language, of that region.
also, depends on education, grasp of language, grammar, conversations they have, for each individual.

some can remember almost everything
and some can't remember, :poop: no matter how many times you tell em'

imo...

Last edited:
•••
If it's not already registered, I can think of a couple of regulars here who may be registering it as we speak ;)
the .com has been registered since 1999 - I checked a while back :xf.smile:

•••
A town in Wales.

I had to memorize this quite remarkable place name while on holiday in Wales. My stepmother would sing the city name lustily in the car and I would sing it along in the backseat. Striking memories of the song, not always of the stepmother. The vacation was fun.

•••
I had to memorize this quite remarkable place name while on holiday in Wales. My stepmother would sing the city name lustily in the car and I would sing it along in the backseat. Striking memories of the song, not always of the stepmother. The vacation was fun.
I went to school 15min away from it........still can't pronounce the bugger over 20 years later

•••
•••
Chinese company names won't make sense in English. Just do a company name search in Alibaba.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back