Dynadot

showcase Haptic Technology Domain Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Winfluence

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hey guys! I searched for a haptic technology showcase thread and didn't see one (hope I'm not going blind lol).

As some of you already know, haptics will be one of the core technologies to move the VR industry forward. Haptics are so important to the success of VR, because we will need ways to interact physically with what we see.

It's worth also noting that haptics is also an independent industry with it's own applications beyond VR and AR.

If you have domains that are related to Haptic / Tactile technologies but they don't contain those actual words "haptic" or "tactile", feel free to share them anyway. For example, I have ImmersiveGlove(s) dot com. This is obviously a haptic / tactile related domain even though it doesn't contain the words.

For more information about haptics technology visit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haptic_technology
https://www.google.fi/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=haptic

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Secured MRhaptic.com to add to my MRhaptics.com

Great domain suitable for either a mixed reality haptic use or a great brandable haptic domain as well with the (mister)

Well done Elad :)

Last edited:
•••
I own these - ALL .com

HapticShape
HapticShapes
3DHapticShape
3DHapticShapes

•••
•••
•••
•••
I like your thinkin'...

HapticTV / com ;)

Look into a company that I think are called Ultra Haptic (s)

They have been working on a haptic device to go with a TV experience.

Received a nice bit of funding as well I believe.

Last edited:
•••
Haptic//sol//ution
Haptic///olo//gy
in .com

•••
Look into a company that I think are called Ultra Haptic (s)

They have been working on a haptic device to go with a TV experience.

Received a nice bit of funding as well I believe.

They are the reason i picked TouchlessVR.com
MRhaptics.com
MRhaptic.com

Inspired me.

•••
They are the reason i picked TouchlessVR.com
MRhaptics.com
MRhaptic.com

Inspired me.

They actually have an office in the city I live in.

A guy I was speaking to this morning as part of my full time job works for an AI chip startup company which is based directly opposite Ultra Haptics.

He's tried out the device I am referring to and he said it is very impressive what he experienced.

It's technically just bursts of air and aroma, but he said he can see it taking off.

Definitely one for the future :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I liked it enough to register it:
tactability.png

•••
•••
Added:
haptiskin
haptisuit
haptisens
haptisense
hapticskinsuit
vrskinsuit (MR and AR also)

•••
Got 2 of these currently

HapticsGroup.com
HapticsNetwork.com

•••
HapticSensations .com

Wishing for rain? This VR system will let you 'feel' it

Disney Research has developed a 360-degree virtual reality application using a unique chair to provide full body sensations that enables users to add customisable "feel effects" such as falling rain or a beating heart.

"Virtual reality has seen a renaissance in recent years as advancements in computer graphics, computing platforms and the seamless flow of information between hardware and software have come together in a powerful way," said Ali Israr, senior research engineer at Disney Research Pittsburgh in the US.

"Our team is working to make VR haptic sensations just as rich as the 360-degree visual media now available," he said.

"Current VR systems provide 'buzz-like' haptic sensations through hand controllers. But technology exists for much richer sensations," Israr said.

"We've created a framework that would enable users to select from a wide range of meaningful sensations that can be adjusted to complement the visual scene and to play them through a variety of haptic feedback devices," he said.

Read more at: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...will-let-you-feel-it/articleshow/55262607.cms

•••
•••
•••
HapticHorror

HapticsApps

MidasHaptics

•••
Haptic wearables are here and they need a name:

Haptible / Haptibles

•••
•••
Cam plus Haptics... A "natch!" ;) (coms)

Haptic Cam
Hapti Cam

•••
HapticPayment(s)
HapticSenses

•••
OnlineHaptics - CloudHaptics - NetHaptics - mHaptics - xHaptic

Last edited:
•••
Don't think I ever noticed this thread. I have 1.

Hapticast.com

•••
forgot to post it here where they belong :)

ARhaptic.com
ARhaptics.com
MRhaptic.com
MRhaptics.com

Couldnt get the VR version of it lol but its ok .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back