Dynadot

opinion Haptic or Haptics at the end domain? Which is best?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haptic or Haptics at the end domain? Which is best?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Haptic

votes
    0.0%
  • Haptics

votes
    100.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Just thought I'd ask.

Many Keyword + Haptic.com is registered.
Many Keyword + Haptics.com is registered too.

Which is best?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Like robotics.

I agree but if you had say just enough to reg one version which would you choose? not that I can't reg both. I just hate registering both "just in case". This is always a problem with plurals for me.

shorter is always better but then when you check Namebio it shows plural sells.

•••
Namebio has no recorded sales of domains ending in "haptics", and only one domain ending in "haptic" (haptic.io). Doesn't seem to be a good keyword...

•••
I agree but if you had say just enough to reg one version which would you choose? not that I can't reg both. I just hate registering both "just in case". This is always a problem with plurals for me.

shorter is always better but then when you check Namebio it shows plural sells.
If I had to choose one I definitely choose +s one, I think haptic ought to be prefix.

•••
If only one word with no keyword then it depends on extension.

It's my ranking about virtual job and +s, for your reference.
I mean without "s" is more like adjective, but .xyz has no obvious meaning so +s packed as a whole. and you said manykeywords...so I think it doesn't matter added extra s...
upload_2020-6-18_5-1-38.png

Last edited:
•••
Namebio has no recorded sales of domains ending in "haptics", and only one domain ending in "haptic" (haptic.io). Doesn't seem to be a good keyword...

I know but I like where this technology is headed.
It's not enough to just see awesome VR content the new frontier is the ability to touch what you see. Whoever perfects this will be rich.

hmmm I wonder what "niche" haptic will be "great" with?

Haptic gets 24,659 searches per month.
Haptic has a competition score of 22.46 pretty high compared to most.
Haptic (IAAT) in anchor and text backlinks. 3,093

"haptic" in quotes gets 8,740,000 results on Google.
in title: Haptic you get 2,040,000 results on Google.

I can think of much much worse keywords that people are investing in.

•••
It's not enough to just see awesome VR content the new frontier is the ability to touch what you see. Whoever perfects this will be rich.

Have you ever seen the movie Ready Player One? Maybe you will get some ideas there.

•••
I prefer
Haptic + keyword
Keyword + Haptics

•••
I prefer
Haptic + keyword
Keyword + Haptics

yup. I have since dumped my ending "haptic" domains especially when the registrant of the "haptics" version of my domain did not bother to also register the "ending in haptic" version which is my domain.

the trend in developed domains is "haptics".

•••

Aggreed.
I reg'd haptics(.)us and haptic(.)im a month or so ago.
Cheap to reg, great chance for a nice lil ROI imo.

•••
Though I would prefer to have the singular + t/e/c/h (stronger imho)

I could not pass this up...surprisingly enough I was watching on DropCatch and Snapnames and forgot to place order .....Well no one else seemed to notice lol...lucky for me I was just able to r/e/g/ on the drop

H/a/p/t/i/c/s/Te/c//h :)
(com)

I have a others as well, which have been getting more traffic lately

specifically Haptic & Haptics (dot) Club (holding both)

and as to OP post yes I think keyword +Haptics is the better fit of the two (that's not to say depending on the keyword a Few variations where +Singular would work

Last edited:
•••
i prefer keyword+haptics maybe cause i own VrHaptics.co...both are nice keywords imo but haptics or haptix does it for me

•••
You guys are about to get some changes for some "haptic" domains as I am not transferring out a bunch of domains ending in "haptic.com"

I did screw up and missed transferring out HapticGroup.com :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

someone picked it up I think via auction or closeouts or drop.

Congrats to them.>:(:xf.grin::xf.grin::ROFL::xf.wink:(y)

•••
Found that ;

Haptics is the science and technology of transmitting and understanding information through touch. ... At its most basic, “haptic” means anything relating to the sense of touch. (It's derived from the Greek word for touch.) The definition of “haptics” in science and technology though, is more precise.

•••
i think haptics is coming like nft or metaverse niche and it will be huge ,

•••
Found that ;

Haptics is the science and technology of transmitting and understanding information through touch. ... At its most basic, “haptic” means anything relating to the sense of touch. (It's derived from the Greek word for touch.) The definition of “haptics” in science and technology though, is more precise.

It's about word construct. For instance, when you look at Genetic vs Genetics or Bionic vs Bionics or Robotic vs Robotics, the right order for two words is

Genetic Life
Bionic Life
Life Genetics
Life Bionics
Robotic Life
Life Robotics

GeneticsLife, RoboticsLife, LifeGenetic aren't grammatically right. Hence, why they are less desirable.

Does this mean that names like that don't sell once in a while? They do. But most times, they aren't first choice.

•••
It's about word construct. For instance, when you look at Genetic vs Genetics or Bionic vs Bionics or Robotic vs Robotics, the right order for two words is

Genetic Life
Bionic Life
Life Genetics
Life Bionics
Robotic Life
Life Robotics

GeneticsLife, RoboticsLife, LifeGenetic aren't grammatically right. Hence, why they are less desirable.

Does this mean that names like that don't sell once in a while? They do. But most times, they aren't first choice.

Good info , Thanks very much 👍🙋🏻‍♂️

•••

Genetic Life
Bionic Life
Life Genetics
Life Bionics
Robotic Life
Life Robotics

Perfectly put!

I didn't know about this thread until now.
Just the other day I regged Hapticmassage in com ..

•••
Perfectly put!

I didn't know about this thread until now.
Just the other day I regged Hapticmassage in com ..

Wow HapticMassage com it will be amazing 😃

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Thanks.
What do you guys think as the timeline when this plays out? I believe it's a bit out there... Maybe 5-7 years

•••
Neither. The 6 year old Haptics showcase thread died off for good reason. I owned quite a few years ago. It's not a good investment because the term is not brandable. The tech is just part of a control system for feedback, not an actual product. There are B2C vests and gloves and gaming chairs from the 90s. It's an old OLD technology and it's not a marketing term. I'm just warning so others don't waste their money:

Haptics Showcase Thread
https://www.namepros.com/threads/haptic-technology-domain-showcase.887727/#post-5070719

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back