Domain Empire

Hand Registration Contest - March 2019 - DOT COM only

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hand Reg. Contest Finalists - Which domain is your TOP pick to be the Winner?

• 1st (tie)

DuelLabs (dot com)

votes
    14.8%
  • 1st (tie)

SundayHike (dot com)

votes
    14.8%
  • 2nd

Globeta (dot com)

votes
    13.8%
  • 3rd

BeDependable (dot com)

votes
    12.2%
  • 4th

CustomShoeDesign (dot com)

votes
    10.9%
  • 5th

SecureNavigator (dot com)

votes
    10.3%
  • 6th

YouHadMe (dot com)

votes
    10.0%
  • 7th

BlockchainTask (dot com)

votes
    9.0%
  • 8th

FineGrills (dot com)

votes
    8.7%
  • 9th

XRbotics (dot com)

votes
    8.0%
  • 10th

Stadir (dot com)

votes
    7.1%
  • 11th (tie)

BlockMigration (dot com)

votes
    6.4%
  • 11th (tie)

ElegantWallet (dot com)

votes
    6.4%
  • 11th (tie)

Yaddl (dot com)

votes
    6.4%
  • 12th (tie)

FoldMobiles (dot com)

votes
    6.1%
  • 12th (tie)

LuckShack (dot com)

votes
    6.1%
  • 13th

LeafLocator (dot com)

votes
    5.5%
  • 14th (tie)

DomainerRegistry (dot com)

votes
    4.8%
  • 14th (tie)

HoloInsider (dot com)

votes
    4.8%
  • 14th (tie)

PrivacyEtc (dot com)

votes
    4.8%
  • 15th

HoloClient (dot com)

votes
    4.5%
  • 16th

Securexo (dot com)

votes
    3.9%
  • 17th

PromoEdition (dot com)

votes
    3.5%
  • 18th (tie)

MediaLiason (dot com)

votes
    3.2%
  • 18th (tie)

PrivateModule (dot com)

votes
    3.2%
  • 18th (tie)

SelfEffects (dot com)

votes
    3.2%
  • 18th (tie)

SmartCommode (dot com)

votes
    3.2%

BrandCougar

Top Member
Impact
Let's see who can acquire the best .COM hand registration during the month of March? "Best" will be determined by your peers. You have to create it during the month of March 2019. As long as it says created 03-2019 it could have been a name born before that died and lost its age. Let me be clear, for this March contest the name has to be a new DOT COM hand reg that you own.

Here are the rules of this DOT COM HAND REG MARCH 2019 contest:

1. Hand registration during the month of March 2019.
2. You may submit up to 7 domain names. (Each name submitted must have it's OWN Reply post).
3. So if you want to submit 7 names, submit SEVEN separate Reply posts.
4. I am excluding myself from entering the contest, since I am facilitating the event!
5. The Top 20 Finalist will be selected the following way .---> (10) "Likes" entries with the most "Likes" in the thread and (10) Wildcard entries selected by a team of 5 panelist from the NamePros community. The 5 panelist will be announced after month end to avoid mid-month lobbying. Additionally, the 5 panelist (Wildcard pickers) will be be non-participants in the contest to avoid a conflict of interest and will be respected NPros members that have a wealth of experience in domaining. The panelist members will be a familiar lot.
6. The WINNER will be selected by your peers via a TOP 20 POLL from the Top 20 Finalist mentioned above.
7. The TOP 20 POLL will occur at the end of the month. This will be a 72 hour poll.
8. We welcome EVERYONE to participate in selecting the WINNER from the Top 20 Finalist list.
9. In the event of a TIE during with winner polling, the tie-breaker will go to the WINNER with the earlier submission posted to this thread. (a plan to avoid any misunderstand should a tie occur)

TOP 20 Finalist
  • Finalist Pick 10 - those 10 names with the most "likes" make it to the Top 20 (user involvement).
  • Finalist Pick 10 - those 10 names that a panel selects make it to the Top 20 (panel involvement).
  • Top 20 Poll - this involves everyone, but only for a 72 hour window at month end (ALL involvement).

What do you win?

• Number one, props and recognition here at Namepros.
  • I will personally pay $20 JACKPOT (via PayPal) to the WINNER.
  • Anyone wishing to contribute an additional $0.30 to the Jackpot - contact me via PM - and I will add your contribution on top of the $20 Jackpot I have committed (let's see how large a Jackpot we can build).
upload_2019-3-5_9-16-42.png

* Sponsors welcome. Send me a PM.

JACKPOT UPDATE:

* We have had (9) NP members generously contribute additional funds to the JACKPOT.
* The JACKPOT is now at $200 Total + 1 Efty Growth subscription

upload_2019-3-23_17-24-38.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Doing this was a very good idea but I am sorry to say the names are so bad I doubt a professional broker would want to participate in it.

Some of domains are really bad, but do not forget, they are chosen by the likes that they received in comments... So if people liked the name, it went to the list, it is not the contest holder fault.

•••
•••
Some of domains are really bad, but do not forget, they are chosen by the likes that they received in comments... So if people liked the name, it went to the list, it is not the contest holder fault.

I never said or implied it was the contest holders fault and contrarily went out of my way to say is was a very good idea.

•••
Just because you don't want to hear someone's honest opinion does not mean its from a troll.

There's a way to voice your opinion in this thread, its called voting.

& there's no "none of the above" option.

You can at least wait till a winner is chosen, then you can be nasty all you want.

Have some respect for the CH.

•••
There's a way to voice your opinion in this thread, its called voting.

& there's no "none of the above" option.

You can at least wait till a winner is chosen, then you can be nasty all you want.

Have some respect for the CH.

Has nothing to do with respect for anyone. Did not know posts with contrary opinions in reply to what was said is not allowed and considered nasty.

Last edited:
•••
Doing this was a very good idea but I am sorry to say the names are so bad I doubt a professional broker would want to participate in it.
Every name on that list is better than ANY .best domain. IMO

•••
Has nothing to do with respect for anyone. Did not know posts with contrary opinions in reply to what was said is not allowed and considered nasty.
Has everything to do with respect. Can't wait to see your contest or your domains.

(IMO if you have no names on that list, and are not a judge, stfu. Your comments are horrible and rude.)

•••
It’s slightly worrying that people are voting for a domain that ends the first word with the same letter that the second word starts with :facepalm: (Those kind of names have always been avoided in branding)

At least a handful of better choices here.

Last edited:
•••

Names can't be all that bad when members have had offers on their names.

•••
Ladies and gents, it's slightly worrying that the NamePros community is voting for a domain that ends the first word with the same letter that the second word starts with :facepalm: (Those kind of names have always been avoided)

It’s the exact reason I didn’t hand reg SecureExplorer. Anyway... don’t mind me 😂

•••
Ladies and gents, it's slightly worrying that the NamePros community is voting for a domain that ends the first word with the same letter that the second word starts with :facepalm: (Those kind of names have always been avoided)

I disagree. If the 2 words work perfectly together, then it is a great 2-worder domain name. I see one of those is in the lead in votes right now by quite a bit.I am wondering why you are speaking badly of the leading domain now. so my question to you is...

Do you have a domain in the finalist list here that is getting beaten by this type of domain you are speaking badly of?

•••
I disagree. If the 2 words work perfectly together, then it is a great 2-worder domain name. I see one of those is in the lead in votes right now by quite a bit.I am wondering why you are speaking badly of the leading domain now. so my question to you is...

Do you have a domain in the finalist list here that is getting beaten by this type of domain you are speaking badly of?
Yes I do, and I couldn’t give a crap if mine comes in last.

You can disagree with what I’m saying but what I’m saying is not really a matter of opinion but fact.

Category killer exact match terms like "Personal Loans" are a different story, BUT two word brandables should not end the first word with the same letter that the second word starts with.. Just a branding best practice that is true whether you agree with me or not.

Last edited:
•••
I learned the same technique Josh and usually follow it. But then again, like Vito pointed out, if the words work together, the domain could be very valuable. An example would be CallLog. Not many ways to say it. The words work great together.

•••
Names can't be all that bad when members have had offers on their names.

Since your a famous well-known Sedo broker maybe you should broker these names!

•••
I learned the same technique Josh and usually follow it. But then again, like Vito pointed out, if the words work together, the domain could be very valuable. An example would be CallLog. Not many ways to say it. The words work great together.
"Call log" fits into the same category as "Personal Loans". It's a very commonly used exact match term.

Definitely don't love 3 L's in a row though and wouldn't be my choice for a brand.

Side note: All domains CAN be valuable. (Even bad ones)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Every name on that list is better than ANY .best domain. IMO

FAR from being correct. If valid it must mean hotels.best (valued at over 1 million $ by Cyril) is not that good.

Last edited:
•••
•••
FAR from being correct. If valid it must mean hotels.best (valued at over 1 million $ by Cyril) is not that good. LOL.
I have many prime keyword domains in non legacy extensions. Not even so much as traffic. No offer. Not even spam offers. Even cctlds like Crypto.cctld..no action.

It took me some time after the initial excitement to realize the holding time on non legacy domain extensions combined with the renewal pricing uncertainty presented too much risk for me.

•••
•••
One suggestion for the contest that I think would help all of us learn more, would be a points based system.

For example, perhaps a checklist of characteristics like "Is the .net or .org taken?". "Was the domain previously sold for x?".

This way there is even more learning. The level of asset quality based on known quality characteristics might influence entries in a positive way and the likes might be more based on some quality factors.

Just an idea possibly for future contests. In no way a criticism. :)

Last edited:
•••
"Call log" fits into the same category as "Personal Loans". It's a very commonly used exact match term. Definitely don't love 3 L's in a row though and wouldn't be my choice for a brand.

It is correct the double or triple L's tend to detract from perceived value and don't look good but if using upper/lower case PersonalLoans.com does not look all that bad. IMO, it is in fact quite valuable as is a name such as SmallLoans.com with 3 consecutive L's.

Many years ago the owner of SmallLoans.com reported it making tons of money parked from type-ins.

Last edited:
•••
One suggestion for the contest that I think would help all of us learn more, would be a points based system.

For example, perhaps a checklist of characteristics like "Is the .net or .org taken?". "Was the domain previously sold for x?".

This way there is even more learning. The level of asset quality based on known quality characteristics might influence entries in a positive way and the likes might be more based on some quality factors.

Just an idea possibly for future contests. In no way a criticism. :)

The problem is the time involved in gathering such data. The forum wasn't designed for complex contests so the more complex the contest criteria, the more time it takes since everything is done manually.

But great suggestions.

Last edited:
•••

For hand reg there are some good names in the list. Note that here we are not talking about domains bought from aftermarket, auctions, drop lists..etc. Here we are taking about hand reg domains with age of 1 month or less, so yes there are several domains in the list with relatively decent quality.

FAR from being correct. If valid it must mean hotels.best (valued at over 1 million $ by Cyril) is not that good.

but hotels.best is not that good..

Last edited:
•••
.....but hotels.best is not that good..

Are you saying not that good compared to a 1 million $ price, or do you mean as silentptnr said "Every name on that list is better than ANY .best domain"

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back