IT.COM

Hand Registration Contest - March 2019 - DOT COM only

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hand Reg. Contest Finalists - Which domain is your TOP pick to be the Winner?

• 1st (tie)

DuelLabs (dot com)

votes
    14.8%
  • 1st (tie)

SundayHike (dot com)

votes
    14.8%
  • 2nd

Globeta (dot com)

votes
    13.8%
  • 3rd

BeDependable (dot com)

votes
    12.2%
  • 4th

CustomShoeDesign (dot com)

votes
    10.9%
  • 5th

SecureNavigator (dot com)

votes
    10.3%
  • 6th

YouHadMe (dot com)

votes
    10.0%
  • 7th

BlockchainTask (dot com)

votes
    9.0%
  • 8th

FineGrills (dot com)

votes
    8.7%
  • 9th

XRbotics (dot com)

votes
    8.0%
  • 10th

Stadir (dot com)

votes
    7.1%
  • 11th (tie)

BlockMigration (dot com)

votes
    6.4%
  • 11th (tie)

ElegantWallet (dot com)

votes
    6.4%
  • 11th (tie)

Yaddl (dot com)

votes
    6.4%
  • 12th (tie)

FoldMobiles (dot com)

votes
    6.1%
  • 12th (tie)

LuckShack (dot com)

votes
    6.1%
  • 13th

LeafLocator (dot com)

votes
    5.5%
  • 14th (tie)

DomainerRegistry (dot com)

votes
    4.8%
  • 14th (tie)

HoloInsider (dot com)

votes
    4.8%
  • 14th (tie)

PrivacyEtc (dot com)

votes
    4.8%
  • 15th

HoloClient (dot com)

votes
    4.5%
  • 16th

Securexo (dot com)

votes
    3.9%
  • 17th

PromoEdition (dot com)

votes
    3.5%
  • 18th (tie)

MediaLiason (dot com)

votes
    3.2%
  • 18th (tie)

PrivateModule (dot com)

votes
    3.2%
  • 18th (tie)

SelfEffects (dot com)

votes
    3.2%
  • 18th (tie)

SmartCommode (dot com)

votes
    3.2%

BrandCougar

Top Member
Impact
Let's see who can acquire the best .COM hand registration during the month of March? "Best" will be determined by your peers. You have to create it during the month of March 2019. As long as it says created 03-2019 it could have been a name born before that died and lost its age. Let me be clear, for this March contest the name has to be a new DOT COM hand reg that you own.

Here are the rules of this DOT COM HAND REG MARCH 2019 contest:

1. Hand registration during the month of March 2019.
2. You may submit up to 7 domain names. (Each name submitted must have it's OWN Reply post).
3. So if you want to submit 7 names, submit SEVEN separate Reply posts.
4. I am excluding myself from entering the contest, since I am facilitating the event!
5. The Top 20 Finalist will be selected the following way .---> (10) "Likes" entries with the most "Likes" in the thread and (10) Wildcard entries selected by a team of 5 panelist from the NamePros community. The 5 panelist will be announced after month end to avoid mid-month lobbying. Additionally, the 5 panelist (Wildcard pickers) will be be non-participants in the contest to avoid a conflict of interest and will be respected NPros members that have a wealth of experience in domaining. The panelist members will be a familiar lot.
6. The WINNER will be selected by your peers via a TOP 20 POLL from the Top 20 Finalist mentioned above.
7. The TOP 20 POLL will occur at the end of the month. This will be a 72 hour poll.
8. We welcome EVERYONE to participate in selecting the WINNER from the Top 20 Finalist list.
9. In the event of a TIE during with winner polling, the tie-breaker will go to the WINNER with the earlier submission posted to this thread. (a plan to avoid any misunderstand should a tie occur)

TOP 20 Finalist
  • Finalist Pick 10 - those 10 names with the most "likes" make it to the Top 20 (user involvement).
  • Finalist Pick 10 - those 10 names that a panel selects make it to the Top 20 (panel involvement).
  • Top 20 Poll - this involves everyone, but only for a 72 hour window at month end (ALL involvement).

What do you win?

• Number one, props and recognition here at Namepros.
  • I will personally pay $20 JACKPOT (via PayPal) to the WINNER.
  • Anyone wishing to contribute an additional $0.30 to the Jackpot - contact me via PM - and I will add your contribution on top of the $20 Jackpot I have committed (let's see how large a Jackpot we can build).
upload_2019-3-5_9-16-42.png

* Sponsors welcome. Send me a PM.

JACKPOT UPDATE:

* We have had (9) NP members generously contribute additional funds to the JACKPOT.
* The JACKPOT is now at $200 Total + 1 Efty Growth subscription

upload_2019-3-23_17-24-38.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Attachments

• we95are95nonstoop1.png
    we95are95nonstoop1.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
•••

Attachments

• vid1.png
    vid1.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
•••

Attachments

• pl1.png
    pl1.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
•••

Attachments

• qre1.png
    qre1.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
•••

Attachments

• prc1.png
    prc1.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
•••
@BrandCougar

Very very nice job here!

You took a simple fun contest idea and multiplied the fun in a huge way with additional add on "guess the # of participants, views, etc. contests" and the spotlight addition etc..

Now you got me wanting to try my luck here, even there are only 7 days left in this months contest which means only 1/4 of the potential views/likes. Makes me debate whether i should have waited to enter the contest at the beginning of the next month if you choose to continue this. Being on first few pages in the first week of the month would naturally have many more views which translate into likes.

If I could just add one suggestion to you for maybe the next contest, maybe take 2 or 3 of the most liked domains from the first week, double that to 4 or 6 in 2nd week of entries, and maybe double that 8 or 12 at months end which could translate into a more even distribution of domains throughout the entire month since anyone entering today or later (last week possible) loses out on those 17,000 Views (at this time) and would be entering at a disadvantage when it comes to potential likes. This is only my opinion to possibly get more entries all the way up to the end of contest that may be some pretty good hand-reg's.

Really awesome job here though.
Thanks!!!

@Vito -

Thanks for your feedback... and also glad to hear you will be participating.

(7) Entries - I would suggest adding in your (7) this week as this contest collects March 2019 dated Hand Regs only. And if I run an April contest, it will have a similar requirement of April 2019 only dated Hand Regs, so your March 2019 dated ones will not qualify for the April contest. The "Creation Date" in Whois is what we use to qualify an entry.

Entry Flow - I agree that the flow of entries occurred so quickly early in the month, then the traffic JUMPED so quickly that it created an "early jump" dynamic in entry flow. I think a few of us are excited about the jump in participation, tho with it we had a couple unintended hiccups. For example - one topic being addressed is the "Likes" voting - it was simple when the contest was only 3-5 pages deep... now that we are 20+ pages deep, it's created some unexpected new challenges. With expansion came some complexities. As challenge arise, we are looking for solutions to help with the user experience and also for improved efficiency. I developed (2) voting index strategies this weekend and they are currently under a Pilot Test with (5) NP members. Additionally, manual x-checking of Creation Dates and also manual tallying of "Likes" has also become a bit more labor intensive. But still manageable for now.

We are doing our best to (#1) have fun... and (#2) find solutions when issues arise.

Everyone has been terrific and the thread has maintained a positive / respectful tone.

FYI - We are on track this month to be the #1 Most Viewed contest on NamePros over the past 2 years (for contest with start dates in 2017, 2018, 2019 YTD). We are currently 2nd with 17,000+ views and about to leap to #1 once we pass 18,009 views - likely to occur in the next 48 hours.

Thanks again for participating. Glad to see you joining us.

-Cougar

Last edited:
•••
Zoomier . com

2nd entry. What business doesn't want to be zoomier?

•••
DnLens.png

DNLens.com

I'll use it for a Domain Name Blog that I'll update once in a while.

Really wanted DNLabs / com but the owner wanted $8K for it.

Last edited:
•••
7th and final entry

ShoeShac //com

Pronounced
(ShoeShack)

•••
@EbookLover -

A quick follow up...

Whois X-Check - You are correct. I am manually x-checking each submission via Whois to verify that the Creation Date for the domain entry is within the month of March 2019. The domain then lands on the Qualified Entry column on my spreadsheet. For each domain entry that does not qualify, I shoot the member a DM about the oversight, indicate the reason the name did not qualify, and respectfully ask them to Edit/Remove their submission from the thread to avoid confusion. Everyone has been terrific and responsive when notified. Thankfully a couple participants have pitched in and and have been shooting me DM's to let me know when they find a new submission that is out of the date range. This has been very helpful. I very much appreciate having a 2nd set of eyes to ensure the contest integrity. THANK YOU! <--- to those who have been silently helping with the monitoring & ensuring integrity.

OP Index - Good news - I did some tests this morning and may have found a solution to help make the "Likes" voting more user friendly and efficient for everyone. I want to do a bit more testing on my own before giving it a test run publicly on the contest thread. Additionally, I am a big fan of Pilot Testing something before going live with it, so will be sending a "Beta" version of the new approach to @EbookLover and a couple others to shake out the kinks and get their feedback.. I am hopeful to go LIVE with the new approach by early next week so it will be available for month end. The "Likes" will continue to be set and stored on the NamePros platform, but if this works the way I intend it to, you all will have a much simpler interface to find and provide those beautiful "Likes".

Thanks everyone for being so positive, supportive, and making this a fun contest.

-Cougar

--- "LIKES" VOTING (UPDATE) ---

Hi Everyone,

Quick update...

I have been working on a way to simplify "Likes" voting for our contest and make it more user friendly and efficient for everyone.

This weekend I developed (2) concepts.

Tonight I sent the (2) concepts via DM to (5) NP Members for "Pilot Testing". It's sort of in "beta" mode at the moment. Framework in place, a bit ugly, but functional.

Once I receive the (5) member's feedback, I will make modifications and publish it LIVE. (likely by mid-week if all goes well)

Thanks for your contribution and your time voting "Likes" for the entries.

I you find the new tool useful.

-Cougar

ps: Update to follow...

Last edited:
•••
Entry #6:

MyMusts
[dot] com

Last edited:
•••
Entry #7:

GateAndKey [dot] com