NameSilo

.mobi Guess the collective total

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

meegwell

Established Member
Impact
6
My guess is $500,009


Jeff - looks like its more like supply vs demand
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
collective total of what?
 
0
•••
0
•••
Mobi Cheap said:
Most people rightly or wrongly rely on their gut feel for such guesses, but if anyone ever feels the need to inform their opinion with stats, they can follow the hourly updates of the final total estimate (based purely on dumb arithmetic totals) here:

http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi/378028-vote-will-any-premium-mtld-100-a.html#post2223219

10PM Update just released above, and it's good news!

Not to play the skeptic here, but keep in mind that when Sedo says there's a reserve of XXXX, anyone can place a bid less than that "for the fun of it" with no risk whatsoever. I placed a couple such bids myself which are lower than the stated reserve just so I could track the auctions -- although I'd be happy to buy them at the prices I bid ;)
 
0
•••
Reece said:
Not to play the skeptic here, but keep in mind that when Sedo says there's a reserve of XXXX, anyone can place a bid less than that "for the fun of it" with no risk whatsoever. I placed a couple such bids myself which are lower than the stated reserve just so I could track the auctions -- although I'd be happy to buy them at the prices I bid ;)

Absolutely, that's why I put the bolded emphasis on the word 'not' :)

And hey, nothing wrong with being a skeptic!
 
0
•••
keep in mind this is just for fun folks!

sashas - collective total of the premium auction.
 
0
•••
i placed some bids in the beginning too. to think at one point i was the high bidder for such names for a free rush. the reserves seem reasonable this time around, i think we are looking quite good this time around.

my prediction...

$500,010 :)
 
0
•••
Sorry, wrong thread!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Maybe on the high end, but I'll go with $1.5 million.

MM
 
0
•••
1.8 Million
 
0
•••
if reserve is not met it's $0 - slaes only.

nice on PV :)
 
0
•••
meegwell said:
if reserve is not met it's $0 - sales only.

Exactly! :bingo:

Reece said:
Not to play the skeptic here, but keep in mind that when Sedo says there's a reserve of XXXX, anyone can place a bid less than that "for the fun of it" with no risk whatsoever. I placed a couple such bids myself which are lower than the stated reserve just so I could track the auctions -- although I'd be happy to buy them at the prices I bid ;)

Hammer. Head. Nail. :yell:

Completed, verified SALES only for more accurate collective total predictions, IMHO. :gl:
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
Anyone can make a prediction about anything, think of it like boring vs. fun

A prediction may become more educated or calculated when weighing names with bids that met the reserves, but this is early prediction where that would be impossible to factor in and really party-pooper style!

pre·dic·tion (pr-dkshn)
n.
1. The act of predicting.
2. Something foretold or predicted; a prophecy.

Noun

1. the act of predicting (as by reasoning about the future);anticipation, prevision, abstract thought, logical thinking, reasoning - thinking that is coherent and logical; projection - a prediction made by extrapolating from past observations, prophecy, vaticination, prognostication - knowledge of the future (usually said to be obtained from a divine source); adumbration, foreshadowing, prefiguration - the act of providing vague advance indications; representing beforehand

2. prediction - a statement made about the future; forecasting, foretelling, prognostication; statement - a message that is stated or declared; a communication (oral or written) setting forth particulars or facts etc; "according to his statement he was in London on that day" extropy - the prediction that human intelligence and technology will enable life to expand in an orderly way throughout the entire universe fortunetelling - the practice of predicting people's futures (usually for payment) horoscope - a prediction of someone's future based on the relative positions of the planets
meteorology, weather forecasting - predicting what the weather will be
forecast, prognosis - a prediction about how something (as the weather) will develop; divination, prophecy - a prediction uttered under divine inspiration
 
Last edited:
0
•••
PVFARKAS said:
A prediction may become more educated or calculated when weighing names with bids that met the reserves, but this is early prediction where that would be impossible to factor in and really party-pooper style!

Righto, I specifically said "more accurate" (and then you used the terms "more educted" or "(more) calculated" ... but that was my main point, so thank you very kindly for your confirmation of that, IMHO. :gl:

With that in mind, Party on! :music: :talk:
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
Hey Jeff do you have a prediction (just for fun of course) besides just saying prices will be low? What is low?
 
0
•••
meegwell said:
Hey Jeff do you have a prediction (just for fun of course) besides just saying prices will be low? What is low?

Low? :blink:
I only ever said that they, as a whole, likely will not meet lofty expectations of the majority of the .MOBI Rosey™ crowd, IMHO. Part of this is due to the fact that Sedo, in its infinite wisdom, decided to end all premium acutions at the same time! :rolleyes: :imho:

See you soon.
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
i confirmed with you in another thread that your supply far outweighing demand comment meant you expected low prices....not to mention that just technically speaking that is what you're saying by making supply/demand comments. So regardless, throw out a number....come on its just for fun....
 
0
•••
Jeff said:
Low? :blink:
I only ever said that they, as a whole, likely will not meet lofty expectations of the majority of the .MOBI Rosey™ crowd, IMHO. Part of this is due to the fact that Sedo, in its infinite wisdom, decided to end all premium acutions at the same time! :rolleyes: :imho:

See you soon.
-Jeff B-)

Jeff, I do see 1 positive of ending them all at the same time -- besides lower prices of course! And that is... Domainers won't be able to try and snipe more than a handful of them, resulting in a better chance for everyone to grab a name or for domainers to have to pay top dollar in advance (re: more likely to develop) in order to secure the names they want.

All in all, ending them all at the same time may be a good thing imho :tu:
 
0
•••
meegwell said:
So regardless, throw out a number....come on its just for fun....

Just for fun ... sure, I'll toss out a number Meegs. :gl: :D
Hit me up here at approx. this time tom'w, fair enough? :gl:

Enjoy and stay cool! B-)

Reece said:
All in all, ending them all at the same time may be a good thing imho :tu:

Ummm, maybe ... we shall see! ;) :snaphappy:
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
Jeff said:
Ummm, maybe ... we shall see! ;) :snaphappy:
-Jeff B-)

That we shall... :)

Keeping with the spirit of the thread, I'm going to say $725k as the collective total on names that meet their respective reserves.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back