Dynadot

new gtlds Will Kanye West buy Kids.Supply?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Alex Domain

Established Member
Impact
Kanye West put the .SUPPLY extension on the map when we launched his new clothing line under the domain YEEZY.SUPPLY.

Now its been reported Kanye has launched a clothing line for kids call KIDS SUPPLY - however this time he is using the domain thekidssupply.com.

KIDS.SUPPLY looks to be registered to German company FUTURE GMBH.

What do you think?

Seems to be a lot of people and companies making sense of the .supply extension - and considering the fresh new .SUPPLY extension added a whole new level of hype and curiosity to kanyes launch - do you think hell offer for KIDS.SUPPLY?

Could KIDS.SUPPLY be the first big .supply sale?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think he should buy out the whole extension, one way to keep it alive and try to ensure yeezy.supply does not disappear in to the ngtld recycle bin.

•••
who knows if he will buy it or if he even could if he wants to. It would definitely be an upgrade over the domain he's using now for kids supply.

•••
who knows if he will buy it or if he even could if he wants to. It would definitely be an upgrade over the domain he's using now for kids supply.

"kids supply" is a pretty generic term and and I think it holds a lot of brandable power and value for a kids clothing brand. I think he picked a solid name for the brand - but will be interesting to see if he goes after the new gtld... cus im sure he tried to register it.

•••
thekidssupply.com looks Naff
Kids.Supply looks way better.

•••
•••
I think he should buy out the whole extension, one way to keep it alive and try to ensure yeezy.supply does not disappear in to the ngtld recycle bin.

.supply will be king of ecommerce. Why? Because there are millions of companies that have the word "supply" in their company name and more so .supply insinuates bulk trading - which means high volume, high revenue trading. If theres anyone that has cash to spend its these type of companies. .shop + .store will end up being used by cheap boutiques and nerds who want to sound cheeky.

I have a feeling you'll end up realizing you mispoke on this extension.

For now you can write rants with no explanation or ststistics to back up your thoughts - but people like you wont get the last laugh. The only laugh that matters.

•••
.supply will be king of ecommerce. Why? Because there are millions of companies that have the word "supply" in their company name and more so .supply insinuates bulk trading - which means high volume, high revenue trading. If theres anyone that has cash to spend its these type of companies. .shop + .store will end up being used by cheap boutiques and nerds who want to sound cheeky.

I have a feeling you'll end up realizing you mispoke on this extension.

For now you can write rants with no explanation or ststistics to back up your thoughts - but people like you wont get the last laugh. The only laugh that matters.

I often mispoke! Or at least I used to when I was younger.

I guess you are over invested in .supply etc. Can't see any other reason for your blind optimism.

Stats, look at the current and tumbling sales figures for ngtld across the board. I have actually made a fair bit of money with them but divested of most of them as I could see the massive oversupply and the greedy registrars killing their golden geese.

Last laugh, had many of them over my many years and don't expect the next last laugh to be my last last laugh.

•••
I often mispoke! Or at least I used to when I was younger.

I guess you are over invested in .supply etc. Can't see any other reason for your blind optimism.

Stats, look at the current and tumbling sales figures for ngtld across the board. I have actually made a fair bit of money with them but divested of most of them as I could see the massive oversupply and the greedy registrars killing their golden geese.

Last laugh, had many of them over my many years and don't expect the next last laugh to be my last last laugh.

Blind optimism comes from receiving a $18,000 offer last month for Rug.Supply

•••
•••
•••
Blind optimism comes from receiving a $18,000 offer last month for Rug.Supply
Did you say offer? Please don't tell us you didn't take the money because that would be totally insane.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like they very recently bought KidsSupply.com and KidSupply.com. Both names redirecting to TheKidsSupply.com. I found this link on screenshots.com and it looks like KidsSupply.com sold for only $1,077 and KidSupply.com for $600. What a steal. Whois shows Jenner Communications which is Kim Kardashian's mother Kris Jenner.

They own the only two domains that matter. Kids.Supply will probably sit unsold for a long long time.

Recently registered In January 2017 TheKidSupply.com sells kids stuff through an Amazon store. That will be an easy UDRP.

KidSupply.com is for sale
The owner of this domain has listed it for sale for $600
Buy KidSupply.com now >

KidsSupply.com is for sale
The owner of this domain has listed it for sale for $1,077
Buy KidsSupply.com now >

Last edited:
•••
Did you say offer? Please don't tell us you didn't take the money because that would be totally insane.

Nope. I countered with cash + equity in the company after i learned more about who the acquirer was - and since i planned to develop the name myself. It ended after a couple weeks of back and forth.

Im a commodity trader and own a logistics company. I can easily have Rug.Supply up and running as a business in a month. Rugs are a globally standardized product and are easy to catalog and store. No shelf life issues. Easy warehousing and low costs. And im already vertically integrated on the supply chain side. This generic domain is perfect for this business

And ppl have proven to pay a pretty penny in the past for rug-related domains.

Arearugs.com : $405,000
Rugs.co.uk : $94,800
Persianrugs.com : $60,000

Wont be letting go of this one anytime soon. Theres more value to this domain when you understand the stupidly lucrative side of the rug business :)

•••
•••
Rugs might be lucrative but you're competing with the wayfairs and soon to be amazons of the world where a catchy nTLD domain won't put you ahead. If that offer is legit then I congratulate you but recommend you take it over an equity deal in a company competing with local home goods stores and online retail giants, because as someone in finance I can assure you that dichotomy is not good for new entrants with no added incentives outside of a neat* domain

Last edited:
•••
In my opinion - For the .supply extension especially - keywords for globally standardized products like fabric, tobacco, mattresses, linens, tools etc will be worth a lot of money going forward. Mainly because these are very streamlined trading businesses that have low variable costs so they can afford to spend a large portion of their retained earnings on marketing (and things like domains/promo) :)

•••
Rugs might be lucrative but you're competing with the wayfairs and soon to be amazons of the world where a catchy nTLD domain won't put you ahead. If that offer is legit then I congratulate you but recommend you take it over an equity deal in a company competing with local home goods stores and online retail giants, because as someone in finance I can assure you that dichotomy is not good for new entrants with no added incentives outside of a neat* domain

Amazon and eBay already own quite a few .supply domains including : home.supply book.supply shoe.supply kitchen.supply

•••
Amazon and eBay already own quite a few .supply domains including : home.supply book.supply shoe.supply kitchen.supply
Home supply and Kitchen supply make sense because there are thousands of products for each category. Rug supply has only one product which is Rugs. I think you missed out on a great opportunity but who knows.

•••
Home supply and Kitchen supply make sense because there are thousands of products for each category. Rug supply has only one product which is Rugs. I think you missed out on a great opportunity but who knows.

Rugs are still and always will be a massive "internet buy" product. Its worth much more. And i think the offerer knew that. Even first offer was 7k- which i still think is fairly high. After rounds of countering for +equity their final try on outright sale was 18k. (Who knows maybe theyll be back) but at this stage id rather put 18k in the domain.

•••
they all forward to amazon/ebay, they aren't their own brands. And selling to 99% of other end users is completely different than amazon or ebay getting the domain they want because they will always be first to get them with nTLDs.

Not that .supply isn't good because I think it's one of the best nTLDs given its clear use and wide commercial potential...that being said I'd take $18k for RugSupply.com in a heartbeat, but that's just me. I know you have a good .supply portfolio but don't take these kinds of offers for granted. best of luck Alex

•••
Kanye West put the .SUPPLY extension on the map when we launched his new clothing line under the domain YEEZY.SUPPLY.

Now its been reported Kanye has launched a clothing line for kids call KIDS SUPPLY - however this time he is using the domain thekidssupply.com.

What do you think?

Seems to be a lot of people and companies making sense of the .supply extension - and considering the fresh new .SUPPLY extension added a whole new level of hype and curiosity to kanyes launch - do you think hell offer for KIDS.SUPPLY?

Seems like a better idea.
thekidssupply.org/
thekidssupply.co/
thekidssupply.us/

•••

What do you think?

Their brand is called THE Kids Supply, so thekids.supply would be more fitting for their branding.

•••
Their brand is called THE Kids Supply, so thekids.supply would be more fitting for their branding.

True - but just speaking from my own point of view - i still think if i was Kanye Id go for the generic Kids.Supply. Plenty of companies shorten their company name for domains. 3L.com's are commonly used to abbreviate longer company names. And i also think over time if THE KIDS SUPPLY gains enough consumer transaction - likely the customers will drop the "the" when they refer to the company anyway. Just like "the facebook".

•••
Seems like a better idea.
thekidssupply.org/
thekidssupply.co/
thekidssupply.us/

Personally dont like 2 "S" squeezed next to eachother in a domain. Thats why i like Kids.Supply so much. The dot breaks up the word nicely and its obviously much easier on the eyes and makes for better branding.

I think the average eye will much quicker register and remember Kids.Supply over thekidssupply.org - and i mean - isnt that the whole point of a quality domain???

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back