IT.COM

domains GreenBeans.com sold for $78,000 by MediaOptions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
GreenBeans.com sold for $78,000 by Andrew Rosener from MediaOptions.

Source: DomainSherpa (Sale details starts at ~27 minutes into the interview)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

nice commodity product!

i had some green beans yesterday with yellow rice and fried chicken wings
average price for a can of green beans is about $0.88 to $1.25, depending on brand.
frozen is about $1.00 and fresh green beans price varies.

we prolly do a couple of pounds of beans a month.

wondering how much traffic the domain received and if they even monetized it before selling?

some brands like Green Giant, Libby's etc could benefit.

imo...

•••
Hi

nice commodity product!

average price for a can of green beans is about $0.88 to $1.25, depending on brand.

wondering how much traffic the domain received and if they even monetized it before selling?

imo...
I also think it can be used creatively as a brandname for anything else really, it's a very memorable name, just think Apple Inc.

Last edited:
•••
1649985272161.png

•••

Last edited:
•••
Hi

nice commodity product!

imo...

This is business thinking. If the physical product sells at these prices, EMD can sell for good money.

•••
I also think it can be used creatively as a brandname for anything else really, it's a very memorable name, just think Apple Inc.

Agree.

•••
•••
Seller got robbed.

I'd say it's a pretty fair market value for that domain. $50,000 would have been a great deal for an end user.

•••
Coffee is one of the biggest industries in the world; and a lot of coffee-related companies, from bean growers to coffee manufacturers to cafes, use Green Bean/s as a name. Tons of brands.

•••
For a brand name, I prefer the singular all day long.. Funny they didn't buy that instead, for half price.

IMO

•••
Seller got robbed.

I'd say it's a pretty fair market value for that domain. $50,000 would have been a great deal for an end user.
Hi

i don't like to speculate about a sale, without that person's permission or request.
but per "price of product example previously posted", then i'd say it's obviously worth more than $50K

imo...

•••
If someone (or a company) has $78K and is willing to spend it for a two words domain name such as this, then we must assume that he/she/it either has big plans for that name or has so much money that $78K doesn't matter at all.

Either way, sales like these are good news for us domainers. So I don't understand the negative responses.

In any case, I wish well to the seller & the buyer and sincerely hope that we too will make sales like these in the near future. Happy domaining everyone 🥰

Last edited:
•••
Seller got robbed.

Subjective, you know.:xf.wink:

But, circumstances too dictate price.

I may sell my $1 mil sure-shot EMD domain, for 70K, if I need the money urgently for college fees or a surgery next week.

•••
Subjective, you know.:xf.wink:

But, circumstances too dictate price.

I may sell my $1 mil sure-shot EMD domain, for 70K, if I need the money urgently for college fees or a surgery next week.
It doesn't have to be a sob story, you might sell a 1m emd for 70k because you are about to turn it into 5 million in another investment.

I do not know the seller, but in general, 70k for this name is a steal.

•••
It doesn't have to be a sob story, you might sell a 1m emd for 70k because you are about to turn it into 5 million in another investment.

I do not know the seller, but in general, 70k for this name is a steal.
The seller is one of the best in the world with many awards at escrow.com as the one who sold most. He sold into the millions with many blockbuster sales, I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing, look him up. Have you sold names for 7 figures?

Last edited:
•••
"Seller got robbed."

If peeps would listen to the last Domain Sherpa, you'll hear why the seller sold it for what he sold it for.

Last edited:
•••
"Seller got robbed."

If peeps would listen to the last Domain Sherpa, you'll hear why the seller sold it for what he sold it for.
Exactly, nobody got robbed.

Seller received offers he couldn't reject (having previously rejecting one), and the buyer wanted to spend this amount of money for the domain. Not to mention, the seller is a very reputed domain investor. He'd know if he was robbed :giggle:

Of course, different people will have different opinions, so that's all right.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back