Dynadot

Got My FIRST BB accepted name! Hand ReG 2days ago!

NameSilo
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hello fellas and ladies,

Im so HAPPY to announce I finally got my first BrandBucket Accepted name/offer the sweetest part is I hand regged it 2DAYS ago !.

VIRTUHACK. COM

.WOW lol awesome , it can be done. I've learned so much here since back in January that I feel my knowledge on whats a good name/what to look for has grown so much that I could delete half my portfolio and not feel sad.

Here is my issue and questions.

The name of the 3 summit-ted I felt would be picked however I'm not happy with their suggested price of $1795 !! Not to sound greedy because at reg price of $12..any profit I should be happy with and there is the fact it's not aged but bran new may impact why my 20% range only takes it up to $2154.

However like I said when I had a strong feeling about this one when I came up with it, the fact the first half KEYWORD is "Virtu". this is half/short for Virtual. We all know how crazy and aLIVE the VR/virtual domain market is, that makes this word extra special /valued during current times.

Would I be crazy and selfish for Listing it on my own at Auction house sedo/godaddy/afternic you name it for $3495 ??? Am I out of line or crazy for thinking that with BB approval/acceptance AND with the Highly /Trending times of the VR/Virtual being grabbed up and sold......am I crazy for thinking I can get almost double what BB suggest/no commission /logo fee/listingf ee on a Hand Reg??(new name -no age)

Or am I being too greedy? Is it my mind/wisdom saying there more money in this, out just flat out greed?

Understand it probably will sell quicker on BB

.....I would be happy with $1795...I just think I can get more,yea?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Right now you only spent money thus far.

Brandable prices are all meaningless anyway.

Celebrate when you sell it.

Congrats on acceptance though

•••
Just to add, only registrar and BB made money off of you so far. :)

•••
•••
Just to add, only registrar and BB made money off of you so far. :)

Noted!! Thank You...but this made my day anyways as it is a first for me and one of my goals I set out to accomplish !

ps I love Branables and apparently so do the customers that buy them ;)

•••
giphy.gif

•••
Brandables are "great" because they are relatively easy to find / create / snap. Even decent ones.

The hard part is to sell them...

•••
...And even harder now, when start-ups etc have so many choices.

But best of luck! Of course.

•••
Congratulations! And welcome to the BB family (those of us that are happy, and yes there are quite a few of us believe it or not).

The name of the 3 summit-ted I felt would be picked however I'm not happy with their suggested price of $1795 !! Not to sound greedy because at reg price of $12..any profit I should be happy with and there is the fact it's not aged but bran new may impact why my 20% range only takes it up to $2154.

If you are not happy with their suggested price, don't list it. BB give you a price that they think they can sell it at based on their knowledge of their client base, and their contacts in the startup market. If you think you can get more, do it!

However like I said when I had a strong feeling about this one when I came up with it, the fact the first half KEYWORD is "Virtu". this is half/short for Virtual. We all know how crazy and aLIVE the VR/virtual domain market is, that makes this word extra special /valued during current times.

It's a nice word, I wouldn't say it's fantastic, but I would agree it's a good find, well done!.

Would I be crazy and selfish for Listing it on my own at Auction house sedo/godaddy/afternic you name it for $3495 ??? Am I out of line or crazy for thinking that with BB approval/acceptance AND with the Highly /Trending times of the VR/Virtual being grabbed up and sold......am I crazy for thinking I can get almost double what BB suggest/no commission /logo fee/listingf ee on a Hand Reg??(new name -no age)

No, you wouldn't be crazy. If you've researched this market and you are confident with your pricing then don't think twice. Like I said, BB base their prices on what they think they can get for you based on their knowledge of their client base. If you think you get more on your own, then don't even hesitate. BB is great for people that don't have a good outreach strategy but not for those that can sell brandables on their own. Give it a go for six months, if you don't sell it list in on BB later. Win-win.

Good luck with it.

•••
Congratulations! And welcome to the BB family (those of us that are happy, and yes there are quite a few of us believe it or not).

If you are not happy with their suggested price, don't list it. BB give you a price that they think they can sell it at based on their knowledge of their client base, and their contacts in the startup market. If you think you can get more, do it!

It's a nice word, I wouldn't say it's fantastic, but I would agree it's a good find, well done!.

No, you wouldn't be crazy. If you've researched this market and you are confident with your pricing then don't think twice. Like I said, BB base their prices on what they think they can get for you based on their knowledge of their client base. If you think you get more on your own, then don't even hesitate. BB is great for people that don't have a good outreach strategy but not for those that can sell brandables on their own. Give it a go for six months, if you don't sell it list in on BB later. Win-win.

Good luck with it.

JimJammy, Response like yours are why people like me love to check their alert button for thread responses on any of my most! Thank you for taking the time to share what you think about every part of this and for answering some questions with your opinion !

I agree with you , it's not "fantastic " but it's not bad, it fairly good and strong to me..and good enough for BB, which does say something even though yes not all BB sell.

I think the name would be perfect for a "all you need to know about VR" website, just like lifehack or carhack or any of the hacks. Also could be for a software or game or just anything in the field of VR or in "Virtue" .

I will take my time and decide what i want to do, I like what you said about how I can try to list for a few months and then send it to BB if I feel I need to. I will think it all over, BB would be nice too, since they would do all the marketing and like you said the have their own client pool and I would basically just wait

For now I will take my time and think it all over.

Thank you and thanks everyone for the input.

•••
Ok, I am now at a keyboard and can give a better reply.

My initial posts might of come off a bit douchey.... but..... I get it is just excitement.

How can something that was readily available to ANYONE for $12 now be worth $1500 or more in 3 days?

That is the ultimate question for brandables.

Marketplaces like BB are a small fraction of how startups will find their domains. Essentially it is for the lazy to get inspired and browse, to see if there is something they like. It is also a place for someone with more money than time or imagination.

In essence, you have to talk someone into giving you thousands of dollars for something they could of gotten yesterday for under $10.... or a $1 with a GoDaddy coupon. lol

The logo and the "Story" is one of those ways.... BUT.... in any other case, it is a hard sell.

You paid BB for the privlidge of putting it on their site, along with thousands of other names that costs them virtually nothing more to add.

If you think they are going to market your name and contact all of their buyers and talk to them about this awesome domain they signed on, you are completely mistaken. In essence, it is a place to position your domain in front of potentially interested buyers, nothing more, nothing less.

At the same time, BB charged you $10? to put it on their site, and if they sell it, they are going to make money, they are in a virtual zero loss proposition. (to some degree I feel they should pay you for listing the names, but that is a different story).

As far as the name itself, I am not crazy about it. Virtuhack does not exactly roll off of the tongue, and I would far prefer something like VRHack or VirtuaHack..... far easier to pronounce.

Virtu just seems way to abbreviated/cut off midword.

If you want to have a chance to succeed, invest some time and money into a virtual assistant, get some prospecting lists completed and start calling potential customers and end users.

With almost 99% certainty, merely listing it on Sedo and other marketplaces, services like BB, or auction sites like Flippa will more than likely just end up costing you more money, rather than making you money.

•••
I completely understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, it's all good and I haven't taken offense to anything. You make some really goo points.

Yes lol I was excited even though this doesn't guarantee a sale.

I don't expect them to go out "door 2 door" for me on my name, off course not. What I meant is the value in BB marketing I more meant BB as a Market. They have a specific client group , im sure some of there clients are repeats or agents that find these names for big companies such as the ones that create new drugs. A lot of the new/invented names , are where all this Branded Name drugs come from. So I could see how a pharmaceutical Company could be a repeat costumer. New drugs with new names are offered to the public every month.(note my name is not intended as one of those) . Also Im sure BB does sponsored ads to bring new people to the site....That's a bonus just as Sedo,afternic, Godaddy would do to. In relation to my Efty premium sale page...which don't pay for traffic and it gets very little traffic.

As for it being very abb/short..VIRTU is only 2L short of the word! If you just put the "a" to make it 5L...since its after the U it doesn't really change much in sound. virtua...and if you add the "al" you mine as well have the whole word, which one makes it longer and second "virt -ual" when you say it, the only added later you hear at the end is the "L"...the "a" is silent, and the "u" sound is strong..........so unless you want to use the entire word I think and went with "Virtu".

However this may change for you. The "u"sounds different depending on where it is at in the word and what lettes are after it. My friend said the same thing you said about it not rolling of the tongue. that's because he was pronouncing it incorrect.

You're may be trying to say it as a 3 syllable word (Virt----U--Hack) which is why in that case you are correct it does not roll off the tongue. Pronouncing it like ^YOU ^

(virt--(you)--hack) is incorrect and you are right it does not roll.

The correct way is to say the "u" sound the way you would say "BUTT" pizza HUT its is the "ughh" or like UTZ potato chip

It's like using just the "A" but I did not , to keep it as close to the natural spelling of "virtual" I could.

VIRT-A-hack
Virtughh-hack
Virtu-hack Pronounced this way is a simple fast 2 syllable word that does roll right off.

When I explained this to my friend he got it and was like "oh cool yea", he likes it. This is not me saying you're going to like it more or less or that I'm in any way correcting you, not meant that way at all. Im bad with pronouncing words all the time. Just explaining what i know. The last example I just thought of is

King Tut.....just like this tut...The U should make this kind of sound and not "you" sound.

There is a word for this, the different sounds a vowel can make I forget it without looking it up.

Speaking of VAs do you or has anyone ever paid for a VA from Fiverr? If not where would you recommend?

•••
If I don't mistake Google Adwords Not allowed Hack Word ! so whoever buy this domain, maybe he will not go with adwords :xf.grin:.
Good luck selling your domain names, I am sure some ppl out there think the same like you, the only question left is, are they willing to spend money to get your domain :xf.grin:

•••
How can something that was readily available to ANYONE for $12 now be worth $1500 or more in 3 days?
This is actually one of the foundations supporting the domaining industry - people can pick up names for reg-fee and sell them at immense ROI. Due to the hit-and-miss nature of domains, you need such high ROI to cover all the misses. It's not the only strategy, but at the lower levels of the industry it's very relevant.

•••
...And even harder now, when start-ups etc have so many choices.

That's why I like strong keyword brandables over completely made-up names. Most of the keyword names are suitable, if not perfect for some particular business/project. Random, madeup names priced 1000-2500 are lottery to sell, IMO. Too many choices, indeed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back