Dynadot

Got a cease a desist email. What do I do now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Just got an cease and desist from realtors association for bitcoin domains that contains realtor in it. Rookie move on my part. Too late for grace delete. What are my options here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tried to make sense of what you said above there. The lesson is realtor is a word you don't register.
Google you don't register. Yes others do, oh well.
There is no conspiracy, I am not stalking you, I did re read this entire thread, and it really is amazing.
Yes people mistakenly register trademark names when they are trying to register 100's or 1000's at a time.
Nothing I would ever do, be pretty funny to watch. Get well, pretend i don't exist on here. I will extend the courtesy to you. Butt please don't share the details of the little indian doctor putting two fingers up your bum anymore, or i will have to block you :yuck:

hahaha Will do! and thanks for sharing it here ya bastard! lol peace out! by the way? that photo? got over 12k views in just under 2 days! and got me over 50 extra connection requests from total strangers.

also as a rule? don't wish ill will on anyone. Trust me I know from experience. Karma is a B***H that never forgets.

as for pretending you don't exist on here. I'm characteristically forgetful. but like I've said many times before. nothing really bothers me. as you can see. I give likes and thanks to everyone in this thread even one's who say negative things to me. kill them with kindness I always say. so you are always welcome to comment on any of my posts again. just tone down the hate. It's not pretty. you never know who's reading it on here too. not just me.

•••
alright. I'm seriously outs time for my last Oxy of the day. lol peace out NP!

•••
I don't pick you. I happen to do a lot of research. Like hand registering names. I don't go crazy and register 100's or 1000's because some robot part is the next big thing.
Yes, when you showed the domain name, I went to domain tools and searched the name. I wanted to see the history. I learn a lot of things from there and use it to my limit every day.
Your name is easy to remember, and when i have 73 connections on linkedin and we have 65 in common, your picture showed up on my wall.

So bro, relax, loosen up, suck on the prune juice. We all research as much as possible, its part of the game.
I even view source at some sites to see what plugins they use, so maybe i am bad man for doing that.

I cant even reply you have posted again, omg like I said almost all our connections have connections in common and thats how it is. Glad you got lots of views and likes

And thank you for calling me a bastard, I have tried to be respectful.

Another post, enjoy your pill.

•••
I don't pick you. I happen to do a lot of research. Like hand registering names. I don't go crazy and register 100's or 1000's because some robot part is the next big thing.
Yes, when you showed the domain name, I went to domain tools and searched the name. I wanted to see the history. I learn a lot of things from there and use it to my limit every day.
Your name is easy to remember, and when i have 73 connections on linkedin and we have 65 in common, your picture showed up on my wall.

So bro, relax, loosen up, suck on the prune juice. We all research as much as possible, its part of the game.
I even view source at some sites to see what plugins they use, so maybe i am bad man for doing that.

I cant even reply you have posted again, omg like I said almost all our connections have connections in common and thats how it is. Glad you got lots of views and likes

And thank you for calling me a bastard, I have tried to be respectful.

Another post, enjoy your pill.

it was a joke!! did you not see the LOL?

and view source? who doesn't do that? that's no big deal is it?

by the way. did you see how many connections I've got? lol I'm up to 9568 right now with about 9320 followers.

many sleepless nights in 2016 getting those connections.

Alright Peace Out!

Last edited:
•••
I have actually sold a domain "smartrealtor.com" many years ago. I've had other domain, realtorexpress.com, that I had to let it drop because of TM .

•••
I have actually sold a domain "smartrealtor.com" many years ago. Also, I've had other domain, realtorexpress.com, that I had to let it drop because of TM.

ummm details? sound like a TM+Keyword and Keyword+TM scenario.

I would "think" both would have been TM issues?

could it be that "only" TM+Keyword scenarios are an issue?

I do see plenty of domains that follow that same set up of Keyword+Realtor.com usually the keyword is a Geo.

•••
These are domains I used to own.

InternetRealtors.com
LocalRealtor.com
NetRealtors.com
ProRealtors.com
VirtualRealtor.com
RealtorNetwork.com
RealtorExpress.com
SmartRealtor.com
GlobalRealtors.com

I only remember I sold "SMARTREALTOR.COM" (2007) The rest I forgot, maybe I let it drop.
I don't think you can own any domain with the word "realtor" in it.

Last edited:
•••
These are domains I used to own.

InternetRealtors.com
LocalRealtor.com
NetRealtors.com
ProRealtors.com
VirtualRealtor.com
RealtorNetwork.com
RealtorExpress.com
SmartRealtor.com
GlobalRealtors.com

I only remember I sold "SMARTREALTOR.COM" (2007) The rest I forgot, maybe I let it drop.
I don't think you can own any domain with the word "realtor" in it.

okay...? but to whom? another domainer? or Realtor?

did you need permission?

•••
Oh forgot, I did receive the email too. That was how I know you can't register a domain with the word "realtor".

•••
Oh forgot, I did receive the email too. That was how I know you can't register a domain with the word "realtor".

ok you got the email before or after you sold SmartRealtor.com?

•••
I just let it expired. I didn't bother to market or list them for sale.

•••
Yep! I sold smartrealtor not long after I backordered it. Then I got their email about violation.

•••
I just let it expired. I didn't bother to market or list them for sale.

seems like the consensus here. but wait you KEPT them and let them expire AFTER you got the letter? No issues? no Witchhunt from the NAR? contrary to what's been said here? hmmmmmmm

Thank you for that tidbit friend! much appreciated.

•••
Nah! no issue. As long as you don't do anything with it.

•••
Nah! no issue. As long as you don't do anything with it.

well I do have to sort out the whole "my registrar has ppc laced my domain landing pages"

•••
You are worrying too much. :)
You can still keep it, and renew it.. Just don't do anything to it. Give it a blank page if you want.

•••
You are worrying too much. :)
You can still keep it, and renew it.. Just don't do anything to it. Give it a blank page if you want.

yea well the "worry" might have been partially due to the Oxycondone. lol but Renewing "implies" an "intention" to "sell" in the future. I can only imagine what the respondents in this thread will say next! lol

it's done. I understand these are a "loss" and that's that. but from what you are saying "no rush" really to have to delete. Can't sell it so next year when my registrar sends me a bill to renew these I'll just say NO.

•••
Thanks RentMyNames for the input. Wish you all the best in 2017. Good luck! and health to you and your family for 2017 and happy holidays.

•••
3rd time lucky, what does the C & D letter state?

Cheers
Corey

•••
3rd time lucky, what does the C & D letter state?

Cheers
Corey
you again?!?!? lol apologies. I tried to find it but would you believe? I think I deleted it? lol or saved in among one of my inbox folders God knows where? even tried a search for Realtor.com emails. none which is weird. like I said I will find it eventually. it's the day before Xmas eve. and I'm done with this already. a non-issue. I'm sure it's the same as rent my names and promos

Best of luck Corey and happy holidays.

•••
That I'm not a registered "realtor" so there for I can use that moniker.

So I was wondering. Could I go back to them and say

" Can I sell it to a realtor then? Since I'm not one?"
No. But you can become one. Tell them that you are in the process of becoming a realtor, and actually follow through, becoming one.

•••
No. But you can become one. Tell them that you are in the process of becoming a realtor, and actually follow through, becoming one.
Hey Mr.Deleted!! Happy holidays friend! Thanks for the post. How have you been?

And I'm not gonna go that far! Lol thanks!

•••
Well, could one person/company in the domaining community get that status and help others out by joining their club, and then do leads for realtors? I think with enough traffic, such a venture would be doable.

•••
And Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you as well :)

•••
I wonder if the owner of realtorrent.com is catching any flak. Current owner lists India in address...

realtor rent or real torrent are the 2 parsings I see - perhaps there are others...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back