IT.COM

Got a cease a desist email. What do I do now?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Just got an cease and desist from realtors association for bitcoin domains that contains realtor in it. Rookie move on my part. Too late for grace delete. What are my options here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder if the owner of realtorrent.com is catching any flak. Current owner lists India in address...

realtor rent or real torrent are the 2 parsings I see - perhaps there are others...

Haha. Good one!

•••
I wonder if the owner of realtorrent.com is catching any flak. Current owner lists India in address...

realtor rent or real torrent are the 2 parsings I see - perhaps there are others...

If it was setup as "Real Torrent" I'm sure they'd be fine.

•••
if I were you I will ask $100, as reg fee! if not wait next year! but if the realtor lawyer in my area, I better give the domain for free :) my point is it depend on the situation.

•••
switch to another account ,or privacy and make them spend a couple grand to open up a case ,i get a lot of these thing that are bs , I once got something similar to BSEdirect.com and the company was BSAdirect.com [just an example} not the real domain they wanted to give me 20 bucks to cover my reg fee
I ignored the jackasses and they went away

•••
•••
Have you ever visited RealtyBranding.com? They specialize in real estate brandables and I could see they're selling a lot of keyword+realtor and realtor+keyword names. Just take a look here http://www.realtybranding.com/category/search?q=realtor. I'm wondering if they're immune to C&D order. RealtorLeads is one of their premium domain names shown on their front page with a 5k USD minimum offer. Seems like they don't care about TM.

•••
have you found the cease a desist email?

It may be helpful to others to see what is contained in a C & D

Cheers
Corey

•••
have you found the cease a desist email?

It may be helpful to others to see what is contained in a C & D

Cheers
Corey

Naah it's lost and buried in my emails. I don't even remember the email address they sent it from as it was not from the realtor website sorry.

It's no big deal I think I already decided or was decided for me to just let these domains go or expire on their own.

•••
can you remember if there was a directive, as in what they wanted you to do with the domains?

btw holding TM names is still in breach of the TM

•••
can you remember if there was a directive, as in what they wanted you to do with the domains?

Their only issue is that these domains Not point to non registered realtors nor can I use them for anything other than for realtors so sitting on the shelf is not an issue to them.

As far as I've read. Worse case they can take them for all I care but right now. They're going to sit in my account till they expire as have plenty of domainers on here have admitted doing.

Nothing i can really do with them at this point. Can't sell them. Can't use them. Can even put ppc on them.

•••
as long as you understand you are still in breach

•••
as long as you understand you are still in breach

Yes that's fine if they send me another email stating anything else then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

What concerns me even more than this scary realtor email c and d is your extreme interest in my predicament?

It seems more intense than most who have replied on here. Do you work for realtor inc or something? You sure seem intent on making me go out of my way to dig up any email while I'm literally post back surgery op.

Excuse me but I've got other issues right now. I.e. recovery? Pain? Being loopy from OXY?

Seriously why so intent on getting me to post this email?

Are you baiting me or something? Seems kinda odd?

Anyone else in this thread get the same "feeling" or is it just me?

It's like the 3rd or 4th time you've asked me about showing the letter. I've given the gist of it as far as I can remember.

Actually I think I may have accidentally deleted it in my spam folder as thats where I found this email(yes I do check my spam folders just in case stupid yahoo puts legit emails in the spam)

So that email is long gone by now as my spam folder is empty.

As I've stated I consider this problem solved. If they want to come after for a domain I cant sell or make any profit from. Be my guess.

I'd like to see any court that takes the side of company vs. someone recovering from back surgery.

So case closed thank you everyone for your kind input.

Last edited:
•••
it will come, in time, oh yes, they will and persue every legal avenue, possibly even this thread.

•••
Got a cease a desist email. What do i do now?

Just got an cease and desist from realtors association for bitcoin domains that contains realtor in it. Rookie move on my part. Too late for grace delete. What are my options here?

this entire thread is about you receiving the cease & desist email!

•••
it will come, in time, oh yes, they will and persue every legal avenue, possibly even this thread.

Yes yes and pigs will fly and Bigfoot is real and the Boogeyman is my uncle.

Thanks Corey much appreciated your concern don't worry about me. Worry about yourself. If I get burned I welcome you to tell me " I told you so."

Now let's get back to domaining shall we.

By the way how do close this thread for no more further reply as I feel it's already answer my question?

Anyone?

•••
Got a cease a desist email. What do i do now?

this entire thread is about you receiving the cease & desist email!

Yea and? Your point?

Everyone but you has done a hit and run and gave their two cents and left
What I do with their two cents given in kindness that's all on me. Everyone else left. Your thee only one left here.

Your not doing a hit and run. Your doing a hit and hit and hit and hit and then pulling up a seat and making your self a sandwich now . For what purpose? I have no idea.

Fact I got a cease and desist letter. I came here to ask advice. I got the advice I need. I have verbally stated these domains are lost. I have paid for these domains.

I cannot sell them or make profit in any way from them.

I have no intentions of using them since I am not a registered realtor. Nor can I point them to anything realtor related or non realtor related

So long as I satisfy all thee above?

Letting these domains expire are within rights.

It's all about intent

What I do next with these domains will be in breach.

Doing nothing is not in breach.

It was a mistake to reg these domains but since I paid for them they are still my property.

Their job is done here.

No one without a realtors license will use these domains.

Define use. Pointing these domain to anything

Real estate related or realtor related

Using these domains to operate any business

Will be in breach. Sitting on them till they expire will not.

•••

•••
I'm in talks with right now with people who sell realtor domains. They are realtors. And even they said realtor is a minefield. They have realtor domains and are being allowed to let the domains expire.

Using them is different story ie like creating a real estate website and redirecting the domain to that site while not being a registered realtor .

The bigger issues seem to be with Geo+realtor and reverse domains as these are all "spoken for" by each realtor in pretty much every city state and county.

These are realtors who paid to use the realtor name in their area and only they can use it in that area.

Everything above is from a realtor domainer.

Okay?
Okay?
Okay?

Are done here?

Done. Finished. Over.

Thee End.

•••
Throw it away let them challenge the name they wont take the chance of a loss as they did before. We got one also 2 yrs ago and did ZERO. Never heard from them again. They cant take the chance of a loss in court.

•••
Throw it away let them challenge the name they wont take the chance of a loss as they did before. We got one also 2 yrs ago and did ZERO. Never heard from them again. They cant take the chance of a loss in court.

damn you are crazy! lol I like your style! lol but these people here have scared the bajeezus outta me already. lol I don't need the headaches. No worries though. This problem is done. I will PM you about it soon. Thanks for the input.

•••
I purchased a domain name, only to found out (whois lookup) that a Association purchased the same name a few weeks before I did, with a different cctld. so I look for TM; C; and R; and found nothing. Now three months later the letter "C" as in copyright shows up next to thire domain name, so when I searched the copyright data base again! nothing showed up, I know trademarks take a little longer to show, but like I said there's no "R" as in registered, and no TM; Then the letters e.V. showed up at the end of their domain name.. those letters indiicate a germany registration for associations, but not a TM, or R. It looks like this entity was a little late on the TM; C; R, as my domain version was registered before any of this took place. what's next.

•••
I hate to open up old wounds on a pretty much closed or finished thread. I just remembered something. about when I registered these domains in question. I remember of course checking Namebio for keywords as I usually do. to see what's been sold having those keywords.

well I typed Realtor into Namebio ( I remember now) and got about 10 pages of domain sales containing Realtor in it.

and since I was at the time hand regging via mobile. that was "enough" for me to proceed really. no malice or "immediate" short term memory access to the fact that this word is TM. (people do forget sometimes. I know I do) but if in "real time" you see that this word in a domain has sold for $xxx-$xxxx. and you are mobile hand regging?

well then why not?

anyways here's the historical sales on Namebio.

Can someone PLEASE EXPLAIN what the heck is going on here?

recent sales.

Domain Price Date Venue
realtors.io 520 USD 2016-12-05 Park.io
propertyrealtors.com 210 USD 2016-10-22 GoDaddy
realtoraustin.com 105 USD 2016-05-11 NameJet
frealtor.com 3,279 USD 2015-09-14 Sedo
websitesforrealtors.com 250 USD 2015-06-30 Flippa
realtorleads.com 1,579 USD 2015-06-16 DropCatch
yorkrealtors.com 560 USD 2015-06-09 Flippa
vtrealtor.com 170 USD 2015-05-03 NameJet
rockstarrealtor.com 455 USD 2014-11-05 GoDaddy
nationalrealtorsdirectory.com 105 USD 2014-09-20 GoDaddy

and then highest sales.
Domain Price Date Venue
wwwrealtor.com 21,361 USD 2006-07-25 SnapNames
larealtor.com 21,100 USD 2013-01-16 NameJet
advantagerealtors.com 14,000 USD 2007-03-27 Private
gayrealtor.com 7,100 USD 2006-07-18 SnapNames
findrealtor.com 5,400 USD 2006-02-07 SnapNames
superrealtors.com 5,250 USD 2011-02-01 Sedo
virtualrealtor.com 4,700 USD 2007-07-03 Private
greenrealtors.com 3,750 USD 2008-03-04 Afternic
executiverealtor.com 3,750 USD 2007-12-19 Afternic
raleighrealtors.com 3,688 USD 2009-05-12 Afternic

why were these sales even allowed to happen?

I mean after getting the C&D I assumed there would be ZERO domain sales with this "keyword" in it. but 9 pages of domain sales?

can someone people sheds some light on this? thanks.

I'm done with this but I just remembered this recently that I did check Namebio prior to registering.

Don't know why I didn't bring it up before. but there it is.

all I can think of is that these domains were registered prior to Realtor registering their TM? or the domain owners were licensed Realtors?

it's really confusing.

•••
There are thousands of licensed realtors, that are also domain investors. maybe that's it?

•••
There are thousands of licensed realtors, that are also domain investors. maybe that's it?

yea but I'm been informed by a few domainers on here who are licensed Realtors that they are not allowed to use the Realtor TM in their domains either. I think except if the domain is generic. and most definitely can't use the Realtor domain if it's a geo as I think certain Realtors have secured certain Geo areas.

but generic descriptive words like

Sexy
hot
Hip
Great
Perfect
luxury

things like that were allowed? I await to be corrected on this as I seem to be wrong alot. Thanks.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back