NameSilo

news Google's New Phone : Pixel

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dnsnames

Established Member
Impact
As soon as Google launched their PIXEL MOBILE PHONE, very soon the following domains went to auction, eventhough PIXEL Mobile is on its way to mobile market.
1. PIXELMOBILES.NET - Godaddy
2. PIXELMOBILES.BIZ - Godaddy
3. PIXELPHONES.BIZ - Godaddy
4. PIXELMOBILES.ORG - Godaddy
5. PIXELPHONES.CO.UK - Namecheap
6. PIXELPHONES.STORE - Namecheap
7. PIXELPHONES.TRADE - Namecheap
8. PIXELPHONE.CLUB - Namecheap
9. PIXELPHONES.CLUB - Namecheap
10. PIXELPHONES.ONLINE - Namecheap
11. PIXELPHONES.BID - Namecheap

Google's New Phone : URL : madeby.Google dot com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Im referring to the people that purchased those names

•••
and it isn't $9 per day, its $9 as a one off payment to evaluate a name. I've spent more that that on a coffee and a bun.
The problem is that it's only $9 today. Then, it's another $9 tomorrow. And another $9 the next day. It compounds, so does the interest on your credit card.
Last post in this thread so I can clarify this for those that misunderstood my "$9 per day" comment. Yes, I know registration is billed once at $9 per year and this domain was only $9 as you mentioned.

However, when someone makes stupid decisions like this, they're likely to repeat them day-in-day-out. That means, today you've spent $9 on a horrible domain, tomorrow you will spend $9 on another horrible domain, and the following day you will spend $9 on another horrible domain so you will have spent $27 total and have 3 horrible domains to show for it; obviously, you'll continue after the 3rd day as well.

Those $9's will start to compound as does the interest on your credit card; good luck paying that off in the future without sales or income.

I hope I've made myself much clearer.

•••
Since "Pixel" is a common english word, you can register kind of generic domains like the one i read in this thread, PixelAdvice.com , which can be also considered something unrelated to the Google new phone.

If you register a domain directly related to the phone, well, you're wasting your money, time and/or making pure speculation.

•••
Thank you for your subjective opinion, which appears to be based on an uninformed judgement. I'll place a mini-site on the name, and let you know if anything develops.

I've had names like
WindowsBoy.com
EbayGirls.com
SonyVideo.com

in the past, and never had any problems. Obviously you need to be sensible when deciding how to use them.

•••
The domain names final purpose is to be the "web name" of a developed website and, while you may not have any issue holding the domain parked and/or with a landing page, you would have difficult times finding someone interested in acquiring them, since any development plan could be under the sword of Damocles.

•••
Ebay, Sony? Looks like you're a regular squatter then..you wont last long in this business like that..we see this week in week out in here

•••
If you look at the original registration dates on some of my names, you'll see they go back to 2002, and I might have some earlier. Kuffy.com was reg'd in 2003 - how long is "long"..

•••
Squatters will get caught eventually...I wouldn't be admitting to doing this here..Its frowned upon in domaining..good luck with it
My last post about it

•••
I have hand registered one pixel domain on September 3rd.
I didn't knew anything about google pixel back then. I was waiting for this domain to drop for a while.

57926_03d6432c4eaf8efd54fbf57a386412de.png

Attachments

• pixelza.png
    pixelza.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
•••
Don't forget that Google's Chromebook is also called the Pixel.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back