AH555

Established Member
Impact
Hey all. I’m the owner of GoogleMaps.xyz

It’s taken in over 260+ Extensions.

Where would we price this at?
I appreciate your time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$0. Trademark.

Just because it's taken in 260+ extensions, doesn't mean it should be..

•••
$0. Obvious trademark issue.

Brad

•••
Blatant trademark issues

•••
•••
That was money wasted
I set up a dan.com lander page on it. Lets see if the organic traffic will lead to a sale.

•••
I set up a dan.com lander page on it. Lets see if the organic traffic will lead to a sale.
I am confused. What do you have (2) accounts?

The original post was from @AH555. This one is from @Yah51.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Even if you got organic traffic, that'd not end up successfully. In my opinion, the trademark issue problem is much more important here.

•••
I am confused. What do you have (2) accounts?

The original post was from @AH555. This one is from @Yah51.

Brad
Oh yeah, its my other account. I apologize if its against the rules, If so, I was not aware. I can close one of them if needed.

Last edited:
•••
Oh yeah, its my other account. I apologize if its against the rules, If so, I was not aware. I can close one of them if needed.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/official-rules-of-namepros.848752/

1.10 Do not intentionally misrepresent information (e.g., lie), mislead others (e.g., post in the same thread using multiple accounts), or manipulate (e.g., refresh a page solely to increase views).

1.16. Only one account is permitted per member unless it’s a Gold Account and all accounts are in good standing.

•••
Even if you got organic traffic, that'd not end up successfully. In my opinion, the trademark issue problem is much more important here.
This is why I am trying to utilize the traffic to my advantage and sell it fast.

•••
its whatever u will pay Google when their lawyers sue your bumbum

•••
This is why I am trying to utilize the traffic to my advantage and sell it fast.
So, it means you're aware that you're gonna sell a useless domain that might bring problems to the buyer as he'd most likely lose it. Right?

•••
So, it means you're aware that you're gonna sell a useless domain that might bring problems to the buyer as he'd most likely lose it. Right?
No, I did some research and anyone from China can get away with having this domain. Because their laws on this matter differ from all other countries. Hence, someone from there can buy it from me.

Last edited:
•••
This thread is really going downhill, really fast :xf.grin:

•••
No, I did some research and anyone from China can get away with having this domain. Because their laws on this matter differ from all other countries. Hence, someone from there can buy it from me.
Hmm, I'd not say so if I were you. Such problems can easily come as fast as a cheetah would run.

•••

The issue is more so where the seller lives and their intentions rather than the buyer

•••
Hmm, I'd not say so if I were you. Such problems can easily come as fast as a cheetah would run.
Also, in response to you saying that I am knowingly selling a 'useless' domain. What about the people who buy these kinds of domains? What intentions do you think they have?

•••
My guy I just checked your Dan page and saw the other domains you are selling. Literally all of them are from other posts on NP from different accounts. How many accounts do you actually have? :ROFL:

•••
Also, in response to you saying that I am knowingly selling a 'useless' domain. What about the people who buy these kinds of domains? What intentions do you think they have?
No one is going to buy this domain.

It is a blatant (2) word TM term in .XYZ.

It is not even the type of term that sells in .XYZ, TM or not.

Brad

•••
AND if you actually do land the sale, I can assure you the buyer does not have good intentions

•••

It is a blatant (2) word TM term in .XYZ.

It is not even the type of term that sells in .XYZ, TM or not.

Brad
You're right. But I think the domain is still cool in a way. Since Google LLC owns almost all of the other extensions (net, org, biz, io, cc etc). This one is the only one owned by a thirdparty/individual and it its a decent tld XYZ

•••
AND if you actually do land the sale, I can assure you the buyer does not have good intentions
Yeah. To be honest, I think it might be used as a phishing site, or one of those fake alert sites asking you to call an indian call center for "support", not that I condone any of these activities.

•••
Well.. people that buy such domains might just be people that think they're going to buy a "nice" domain, as it is a well known brand/service, in order to sell it for much higher to "end users".. but in reality, I don't think we can even talk about "end users" for these kinds of domains.

What kind of end users would buy this domain? The only persons that would be it might have a will to scam somehow using that domain for phishing, or I don't know..

And again, would you sell this domain to someone that is gonna scam, if you knew it?

Last edited:
•••
You're right. But I think the domain is still cool in a way. Since Google LLC owns almost all of the other extensions (net, org, biz, io, cc etc). This one is the only one owned by a thirdparty/individual and it its a decent tld XYZ
In a way, perhaps. But the law still stands.

Listen, I get it. I assume you want to make a quick buck. We all do. But you should really invest your time in acquiring some quality names rather than just going with the flow and seeing what works, if you will. Making money fast with domains is possible, just need to do research and understand the basics of it all.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back