Domain Empire

Google keeping 90% or more of ad revenues according to multi-state lawsuit

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dirty company. I actually sold my Google mini-fridge that I received for 1 million clicks via PPC back in the day because they were doing some shady stuff.

Google slapped me for doing ppc to my own site, then found out there were doing direct to merchant PPC on same merchant.

Then doing the same to other affiliates when they bought Performics, rebranded to GAN - Google Affiliate Network. Banning affiliates doing PPC, then doing it themselves to merchants.

Then when they shutdown GAN, didn't bother to notify merchants directly, they made a short blog post than an affiliate noticed and posted on the forums. That's how a lot of merchants found out. Many merchants switched networks just because they were Google. I told the merchants back then not to hand their balls over to them, they had to learn the hard way. It's a lot of work for affiliates to be changing links over all the time when merchants go network hopping.

It's why I only use Google when necessary, if there is another option, I always use the other option.

Last edited:
•••
•••
when did they get so greedy anyway and why..as in why weren't they doing.it say 10yrs back and park rev was night and day from today
..sorry I'm no.pro on this so just a.curiosity to me

•••
"Google’s market share for publisher ad servers was at 90% in 2015" - this is what actually happened which is by far not the same as keeping 90%.

•••
"Google’s market share for publisher ad servers was at 90% in 2015" - this is what actually happened which is by far not the same as keeping 90%.
@Acroplex The title seems incorrect - it's about market share. But I can understand the confusion.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1563746/download

"As confirmed by Google’s internal assessments, Google’s share of the publisher ad server market in the United States, measured by either revenue or impressions, has remained above 90% for many years."

Last edited:
•••
"Dont Be Evil" my butt.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back