IT.COM

Google Domains offers unique way to sell domains to customers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Google Domains releases a platform called Google Domains Partners that allows developers to use widgets that sell domains to site visitors.

Visitors can turn into customers through the widget which handles the technical and financial aspects. All the web developer needs to do is embed the JavaScript widget. Google also provides chat, phone and email support.

After the sale, Google configures the domain for use with the site owners service and allows custom, automatic configuration with A, CNAME, MX values and more.

I like the concept in general but I cannot imagine how useful this would be for a small freelancer or domainer besides providing services in combination with web design, hosting and possibly domain parking.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds interesting, but I agree with the author. There are no mentions if one could earn from each sale.

•••
Just read dev documentation.

With the Google Domains Widget, customers can find, buy, and connect a domain name without leaving your website. They also won't need to do complicated domain name setup and provisioning. After they purchase a domain with just a few clicks using their Google account, we automatically connect their domain DNS settings to your service.

•••
It's a great idea! Hopefully there's a commission involved though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back