Google announced that it will start charging higher minimum bids for keywords

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Google announced that it will start charging higher minimum bids for keywords for those advertisers whose placements prove less relevant to readers. A "Quality Score" will be associated with each ad, determined chiefly by performance, and the resulting minimum bid for a keyword may change over time. This means that different advertisers will have to pay a different amount at the low end of the keyword bid scale. This will allow Google to reap more ad revenue from advertisers it previously shunted aside in an effort to increase the general relevance of its ad panels.

http://www.mediabuyerplanner.com/2005/07/15/google_ups_prices_for_less/index.php?rss1

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmmm.....i have jus 1 question will publishers earn more from this program.???lol..

•••
interesting read, thanks for the headsup equity :)

•••
An interesting read, thanks :hehe:

•••
admans I really hope that they do :p

•••
Actually, a point that is ususally missed is that there is a possibility that the minimum can actually be LOWER if you write a high-enough quality ad.

From what I've read on another forum (straight from the horse's mouth, a Google employee), the minimum bid system will be quality-based and will allow the possibility for minimums that are actually lower than $0.05.

While minimums CAN be adjusted higher with this new system, I feel that if you're writing quality ads with high response rates, you have no reason to worry.

•••
Will this effect publishers anyway? :)

•••
Happy me..i love adsense

•••
Haha, more $$ per click!

•••
But it takes so long to get the cash after you get the check due to bank deals

•••
I hope this is made for us to see more relevant ads on pages around the net :) eBay:
BUY A BRAND
NEW WIFE! aff.
ebay.com

LOL

•••
Would you just give me the link to that purchase...i would be interested if she isnt a sl***

•••
We need more big players in this field like yahoo msn etc. Right now google hold a monopoly for ADSENSE program. They can charge higher click rate to advertiser but can also never pass this higher revenue to pubisher why? To increase profit Two word STOCK PRICE :)

•••
Well that is why they are in Business, they are not a public Utility they are in business to make money just like you.

•••
if google made it simpler like overture I bet they would make more money.

adwords has such a low conversion compared to overture on every site I've used the two on.

•••
onlinebroker said:
We need more big players in this field like yahoo msn etc. Right now google hold a monopoly for ADSENSE program. They can charge higher click rate to advertiser but can also never pass this higher revenue to pubisher why? To increase profit Two word STOCK PRICE :)

Have to wait until 2007 for a similar PPC program for yahoo...:(

•••
Thanks for the info and the link.

onlinebroker said:
We need more big players in this field like yahoo msn etc. Right now google hold a monopoly for ADSENSE program.

Agree. Hope that the day will come.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back