Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Google Analytics & Outgoing Links

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

dotker

Established Member
Impact
28
Hello guys,

How do you track an outgoing link for google analytics? Say I want to track my how many clicks does my download button to rapidshare gets or clicks to the paypal payment page.

Right now I got this link & its not registering on my goals or even pageviews?

<a href="https://www.paypallink.com" class="getstartednow" onClick="javascript: pageTracker._trackPageview('/paynow);"></a>

Am i missing something or what?

Please help..
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I am also looking to do the same thing, I've looked in to it and can't see how its done so i'm now looking at other options, I've got a wordpress blog so going to see if statpress or something like that will work instead.
 
0
•••
0
•••
0
•••
Hosting

It can be a problem to install an add on to track outgoing links if you are using Word Press, but, there are some hosting companies that will log all that for you. That's how I do it.

Julie from Isagenix
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Thats the good explanation of how to track Outgoing. I tried earlier to apply this on my blog but i could'nt do it. thanks for enlytend on providing the useful link.
 
0
•••
If you are using google analytics then you can set goals for this particular event. In this way you can track whether the links are clicked or not.

This is used generally in ecommerce websites.
 
0
•••
Omniture would also be a good solution for what you are trying to do if you can afford it.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back