NameSilo

A Google Analytics Question

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

chipdomains82

Established Member
Impact
1
I asked this question inside a thread, and received no responses, so I figured I might get better luck starting a new thread (sorry for the duplication):

I have a Google Analytics question that deals with WhyPark.com. If you look at the HTML Source code on a WhyPark page (when you view source from your web browser) you will notice that their are two different Google Analytics tracking scripts (WhyPark adds it own Google Analytics Tracking sctipt-This is in addition to the Google Analytics code that you add yourself). I think WhyPark’s Analytics code might be the cause of my issue:

I cannot use the Google Analytics Goal Tracking to create a goal that leads to an external website. For instance if I have a link to cnn.com on my WhyPark site, I want to set up a Google Analytics goal to see how many people click the link.

According the Analytics Help Page, all you have to do is make sure your Analytics code is above to link and add this piece of JavaScript to the link:
<a href="http://www.example.com" onClick="javascript:urchinTracker('/G1/example_com');">

You can then add this fake page /G1/example_com as a Goal, and you should be able to track it. I have done this, and the goal tracking simply will not work. My only guess is the extra Analytics code WhyPark automatically adds.

Does anyone have any suggestions or any luck with this process? Thanks!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
guess no one knows
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back