Domain Empire

Google AdSense, HELP

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have had a few web sites with Google adsense for a couple years. I was under the impression they do not allow other advertisers on the site if you have a Google ad. Is that true?

What about for each page of the website?. In other words, can I have Google Adsense on one page of my website and place affliate banners on a page that displays no Adsense ads?

This is the only information I could find in Googles policy agreement;

Competitive Ads and Services,
------------------------------
We do not permit Google ads or search boxes accessing Google search services to be published on web pages that also contain what could be considered competing ads or services. If you have elected to receive contextually-targeted Google ads, this would include all other contextually-targeted ads or links on the same page as Google ads. This would also include ads throughout the site that mimic Google ads or otherwise appear to be associated with Google on your site. Although you may sell ads directly on your site, it is your responsibility to ensure these ads do not mimic Google ads. If you have elected to receive Google search services, this would include other search services on the same site and non-Google query-targeted ads. We do allow affiliate or limited-text links.

I can read it both ways from that paragraph. Does anyone know for sure? I have not placed any other banners or ads when running Google ads, but I would like to even if I build a extra page or more just for other ads or banners than Google.

Many thanks for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No they allow other affilitate stuff, eg.Amazon associate stuff,
just so long as it's not contextual adverts that come up.

•••
As Halobitt says, other ads are allowed, as long as they neither (a) are contextually targeted, nor (b) imitate the appearance of AdSense ads.

•••
let me put it in simple words, what they do not allow is to have adsense ads and Yahoo Publisher ads on the same page, you can put as many affiliate links as you want along with either adsense or publisher ads.

if you want to see a live example i invite you to take a look at couple of pages on my site:
www.gomovers.com/auto-transport.html or
www.gomovers.com/links/GoMovers-Mortgage-Lending.html

there is no need to build additional pages just for affiliate banners, feel free to add them to the existing pages on your site.

i hope it helps, good luck

•••
You can also use different contextual advertisements on different pages of your site. For example, you could have Google on one page and then YPN on another. Just don't put them both on the same page.

•••
You guys answered every thing I was wondering.

I have been putting off for a very long time getting an affliate link or more in my websites as I could not grasp what Google really was saying in their policy agreement.
so I never did. I have never had much help from emailing Google, so I did not even try that.

Now I see I can put up affliates. What I most want to do and that is have some pages with no Google, but a different advertiser. I see I can do all those things. The gomovers is exactly where I am headed in page building. Thats cool and Imo my revenue will grow now. Certainly pleased Google allows that.

I am finally off to ad some different advertisers as mentioned.

Many, many thanks to all!. Happy Holidays!

Roderick

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back