Domain Empire

Google AdSense / CSE vs Domain Parking - What's Ideal For Me...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This subject has came up a ton of times, however my situation is slightly different ... all feedback appreciated in advance.

OK - I have a domain that is currently parked and it is averaging $10 profit per click (decent amount of clicks monthly) and I would like to use Google's Custom Search (CSE) for this particular domain.

Now although this topic has been brought up a ton of times, there has never really been a solid 'yes' or 'no' answer, instead "develop" is the usual response.

Well, in my case this domain is generating quite a bit of money while parked so I am really in need of these two questions simply answered with a 'yes' or 'no' (please) ...

1) Will I get more than $10 a click with Google AdSense?

2) Does Google CSE pay less than regular AdSense clicks?
E.g. if AdSense is $20 a click, will CSE pay $20 a click as well or is it usually less?

Please let me know - thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are asking the impossible. The answer to both your questions is maybe or sometimes. My recommendation to you would be to keep it on parking if you are getting a ton of $10 clicks/month. If you take it off parking, try something else which doesn't work, you are not guaranteed to get these same $10 clicks when you go back to parking. Everything is a crapshoot, and if you are on a winning streak, I'd stick with it.

•••
Do you have an Adwords account? Use that to see how much people are paying per click for whatever your keywords are. Then multiply that by 0.6 to see what you could get from AdSense. At least you will know a ballpark figure.

Who serves the ads for your parking provider? You might be able to just get an account with them and cut out the middle man...

Developing is probably the way to go. That way you can have a few AdSense blocks, CSE, affiliate links, and get people signed up to your newsletter.

•••
I Think Google Adsense for parking Domains had already be suspended from 2012.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back