Domain Empire

Google Ads

NameSilo
Watch
do you actually make money off the google ads?

just wondering

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yes and no.

you place an add, you pay for the add and google makes the money.

if someone sees the add, clicks on it, then buys a service from you, then you make money..

if someone sees your add, clicks on it, thenm doesnt buy from you, you lose money because you paid gogle for that click.

two words:

"Effective Marketing"

if you can tell me how its done let me know!

•••
i thought you didnt lose money, just didnt make it unless someone clicked it

•••
Actually I ask someone this same question not long ago.

If you visit a site that has the google ads, and you click on one of the ads, then google makes money from the click as well as the person who owns the website where you clicked the ad from. The only way that the person who placed the ad makes money is if the person who clicked on the ad buys whatever service that they are offering from them.

•••
ok thanks

dosent seem as good as i thought it was

:(

•••
There's actually two different programs, Google AdWords where you pay to advertise your own site, which is what Tjobbee is talking about and Google AdSense where you get paid for the clicks you send in from your site, which I think is what Fallout_Multi. is talking about.

And yes, with Google AdSense you get paid per click regardless of whether or not the clicker purchases a service from the site that they're sent to, and of course google has some very good fraud prevention techniques in place to prevent fradulent clicks and such. It is actually pretty amazing how they are able to target the ads to your sites content most of the time. You have to have a page with a decent amount of visitors in order to get accepted in to the AdSense progam though. And no you don't lose any money if you don't send any clicks. Well I hope that explains it a bit and check out the urls above to find out even more. :)

•••
•••
I have made a couple hundred $$ in a few months with AdSense which is much better than most banner places :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back