Domain Empire

Good way to pitch a domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is this a good way to pitch? Critiques?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    0.0%
  • No

votes
    100.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Lama26

Established Member
Impact
The domain name, ###.com, is available for acquisition, and we were wondering if YouCustomer may be interested in acquiring and owning it. It is a short, memorable and brandable domain name, but it has a lot more significant advantages than just these characteristics.

A combination of two key and popular terms, "CVCV" (32,600,000 Google Search results) and "CVCC" (234,000,000 Google Search results), this domain would be perfect and easily marketable for both online and brick-and-mortar stores.

In countries familiar with the English language, which is a considerable part of the world, this domain name would make for the perfect website to promote "holi"-day-like sales and deals, which can be done pretty much all year. The name is in itself intuitively indicative of a platform for holiday shopping, gift items store, etc., something a majority of consumers love and are excited about.

Most importantly, with the term "CVCV" being very popular in India and Nepal, which two countries have a combined population of no less than 1.28 Billion, this domain name would facilitate the establishment of a significant market and competitor in that region, both in online and brick-and-mortar stores.

If you are interested in acquiring this domain, we are currently entertaining offers and would be thrilled to hear from and to do business with you. If not, then we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Please forward this message to the appropriate offices and executives.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try it, however it is way too polite

•••
Is this your first mail or our follow up mail? If it is first then keep it short and silly.

•••
Too long, IMO.

Names usually sell themselves, and buyers usually respond with "How much?". There's no need for the fluff. Try to keep it to 1 short paragraph (or less).

Also, I usually keep the selling points for later. For example, when the buyer has a problem with the price, or if they say "I don't need it".

Cheers! :)

•••
Is this your first mail or our follow up mail? If it is first then keep it short and silly.
Thanks for responding.

It's a first attempt. Short and silly, you say? Wonder what that looks like...Would appreciate a sample, please...

•••
•••
Too long, IMO.

Names usually sell themselves, and buyers usually respond with "How much?". There's no need for the fluff. Try to keep it to 1 short paragraph (or less).

Also, I usually keep the selling points for later. For example, when the buyer has a problem with the price, or if they say "I don't need it".

I see. Sounds interesting.

•••
Yep, you definitely want to keep it short and concise.

•••
Too long, IMO.

I agree. Keep it short. If you are going to make a pitch it should not really be in the first email anyway.

If a potential buyer is interested make the pitch then.

Brad

•••
way to long, the domain name should sell itself maybe a short note to convince them that it would suit their business.

First contact should be short and sweet.

•••
Too long, IMO.

I completely agree . I also think it sounds like your trying to sell it to another domainer a little too much. Keep it short and sweet other than that i think you did pretty well. Good luck!

•••
This pitch doesn't seem to be targeted. If you are pitching a domain to end users who already have a domain name (and an active website), they need to understand the value proposition. What you offer must be an obvious upgrade to whatever URL they are currently using. It's the bare minimum.

•••
•••
Thanks to all for the helpful responses.

•••
This thread is awesome knowledge thanks for creating

•••

You need to contact the right person initially. Emailing a generic "info@" address will probably result in your email being deleted

•••
If i got this email, i would never read it through the end.

•••
You need to contact the right person initially. Emailing a generic "info@" address will probably result in your email being deleted
Thanks, @James Iles. I'd absolutely take note of that. Most of the ones I've sent so far are all just Contact Form fill-ups. No response yet...

•••
If i got this email, i would never read it through the end.
Lol, you wouldn't? I guess the replies to this thread has shown me why that is. I'd rewrite the whole thing...shorter and sweeter. Wish me luck! And thanks for the response...

•••
The domain name, ###.com, is available for acquisition, and we were wondering if YouCustomer may be interested in acquiring and owning it. It is a short, memorable and brandable domain name, but it has a lot more significant advantages than just these characteristics.

A combination of two key and popular terms, "CVCV" (32,600,000 Google Search results) and "CVCC" (234,000,000 Google Search results), this domain would be perfect and easily marketable for both online and brick-and-mortar stores.

In countries familiar with the English language, which is a considerable part of the world, this domain name would make for the perfect website to promote "holi"-day-like sales and deals, which can be done pretty much all year. The name is in itself intuitively indicative of a platform for holiday shopping, gift items store, etc., something a majority of consumers love and are excited about.

Most importantly, with the term "CVCV" being very popular in India and Nepal, which two countries have a combined population of no less than 1.28 Billion, this domain name would facilitate the establishment of a significant market and competitor in that region, both in online and brick-and-mortar stores.

If you are interested in acquiring this domain, we are currently entertaining offers and would be thrilled to hear from and to do business with you. If not, then we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Even though many people think that it's a good idea to share a lot of useful information when selling your domain, it's really more important to keep it extremely short on the initial contact. You will find out who is interested in the domain and then provide additional information in your next reply.

That will be more effective than providing too much information initially.

Good luck.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back