Domain Empire

Good News for Domainers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
US phone companies to explore replacing all phone numbers with IP addresses.
So, what do you think? Does it mean more opportunity to sell some names? :blink:

1779870_654628127928774_23552121_n.jpg

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
or maybe a good moment to buy .tel domains?

•••
I don't think this will ever happen.

•••
This will not happen,not in a million,billion years.

•••
I think this is a misunderstanding. Phone companies are looking to replace traditional telephone routing with VoIP, which uses IP addresses, as it runs over IP. Traditional telephone numbers are still used as the endpoints, and there's been no interest in substantially altering this.

I know that I get VoIP straight to my house; pretty much everyone in my town does. The phone lines around here are mostly unused. Everyone has a modem with an RJ11/6P2C output that allows normal home phones to run over VoIP. Inside the house, phone calls behave traditionally, and the modem converts the signal to VoIP. The only downside is that if the internet goes down, so does the telephone service, but for the past decade it's been very reliable.

Still waiting on IPv6, though. Fiber optic with no IPv6, sosad. :(

•••
I predict that domain names will play a role in obsoleting traditional phone numbers in the not-so-distant future. For instance, we'd call an e-mail address or domain name instead of a phone number.

•••
A decade back, the term "VoIP" was not searched that often. People used to search for terms like "Cheap International Calls", "Internet calling" etc.
As of now, more and more self-aware businesses/start-ups that start global, realize the importance of VoIP and acknowledge that by searching terms like VoIP and PBX etc.
1. VoIP is useful as it is cheap and is usually used for international calling - hence making the geoTLDs attached to VoIP less in attractive.
2. Also, VoIP is associated with "free stuff" so a .ORG (.net) would also be an attractive option for companies looking to funnel some traffic to their main site with a - brandable domain name. The CPC Competition is high for VoIP domains, making them even more valuable.

I own close to 27 voip based domain names check VoIP-Free.net for more info.

•••
I prefer to stick with traditional businesses, new not even call me atension

•••
my number 192.168.5.6 ..Yeah its possible...can"t understand ablove facebook comments they are mentioning Mac id..:)

•••
Domain registrations are up and that doesn’t always equal domain sales being up but we know that as more people come online they learn that buying a domain name like robbiesplumbingnewyork.com might sound like a great idea at the time but in a few years.

•••
IP Phone numbers

if that will happen , then its hard to remember a phone number.

•••
IP Phone numbers
if that will happen, then its hard to remember a phone number.

That is why we have domain names... so we don't have to remember numbers. :)

•••
I think this is a misunderstanding. Phone companies are looking to replace traditional telephone routing with VoIP, which uses IP addresses, as it runs over IP. Traditional telephone numbers are still used as the endpoints, and there's been no interest in substantially altering this.

I know that I get VoIP straight to my house; pretty much everyone in my town does. The phone lines around here are mostly unused. Everyone has a modem with an RJ11/6P2C output that allows normal home phones to run over VoIP. Inside the house, phone calls behave traditionally, and the modem converts the signal to VoIP. The only downside is that if the internet goes down, so does the telephone service, but for the past decade it's been very reliable.

Still waiting on IPv6, though. Fiber optic with no IPv6, sosad. :(

The only post with a modicum of understanding and summarily ignored by everyone.

•••
The only post with a modicum of understanding and summarily ignored by everyone.
That's because most humans here are hard-wired to domaining. lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back