IT.COM

ccTLD Gold.co.uk sold for £600,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Gold.co.uk has sold for £600,000 making it the largest sales price ever for a .co.uk domain. What is interesting is the buyer had a deal to buy the name from the seller £40,000, but the deal fell through and he invested the money in BullionByPost, which is set to have revenues of more than £100m this year.

Gold.co.uk has been sold a couple times in the past, it was part of a package deal back in 2011.

Check out the article on Telegraph

Source: Morgan Linton

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, very nice, I'm a fan of this extension, I also own: buydrone.co.uk and .uk.

•••
Brill news I've 2 cool VR Domains in .co.uk
VRMovies & VRGame​
Awesome. Great news for .co.uk lovers.

•••
I've always viewed .co.uk as up there with .net/.org. V high potential.

I've got a couple at the moment also - I think my best is "memegenerator".

•••
Last edited:
•••
It's not letting me view that link sadly. Ah well, it's clearly a highly valuable name regardless, even if not £600,000.

TBH, I'd have accepted just £500,000 for it, but each to his own....:-,

•••
That's strange. why doesn't that link work? Seem to be ok when copy and paste same link in a bar..

Seems like you have to be member (loged in) at Acorns forum to view that section, just found it out myself!

Anyway if you are interested you can find it at AcornDomains / sold-domains / second page ;)

Last edited:
•••
@Miks thanks - I've also just registered with Acorn. I wasn't aware of them before. I'm now looking for "sold" threads but can't seem to find them. Anyway, the more exposure for .uk type for-sales, the better, so again - cheers!

•••
Acorns are definitely great place to learn specifically about UK domains. NamePros for everything else, so much of everything else :)
Domains sold are in same section with domain appraisals. I am thinking there may be some restrictions for certain parts/sections on forum you need to satisfy certain amount of posts posted and similar. Or as example with adult domain section you need to optin to view it there.. Not sure tough..

I agree with that. No matter what's the situation with the sale, information I mentioned, it's only known in domain circles and general public will see this as a marker 'that it's worth acquiring right UK domain for their UK based business even if it may seem big investment at first!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back