sales Socrates.com Sold For $600,000 By Braden Pollock - DNJournal.com

NameSilo
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was just about to say that the xyz sold too before the .com by swetha

But you included that tidbit already 🥰

•••
What does this company do? 🤔

•••
What does this company do? 🤔
Scam. It's the bread-and-butter of any venture that markets itself as a web 3 project.

"Web 2" was a marketing term invented to promote the use of dynamic javascript and Flash. It was never a term seriously used by developers. But it was convenient for conmen who could rely on it to come up with web 3 as a "natural development" of the Internet.

However, I do find this particular acquisition odd since the hype surrounding web 3 is dying out. The crash of Luna and FTX were wake-up calls for most people, the NFT debacle didn't make things better, and the imminent collapse of Ethereum may end it once and for all. We're not getting rid of the crypto-cultists, obviously, but they're neither wealthy- or numerous enough to carry crypto.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Has this been verified by anyone?

•••
•••
•••
Has this been verified by anyone?
There is a link to DNJournal in the OP. Plus Braden Pollock runs a legitimate company at LegalBrandMarketing.

•••
•••
Scam. It's the bread-and-butter of any venture that markets itself as a web 3 project.

"Web 2" was a marketing term invented to promote the use of dynamic javascript and Flash. It was never a term seriously used by developers. But it was convenient for conmen who could rely on it to come up with web 3 as a "natural development" of the Internet.

However, I do find this particular acquisition odd since the hype surrounding web 3 is dying out. The crash of Luna and FTX were wake-up calls for most people, the NFT debacle didn't make things better, and the imminent collapse of Ethereum may end it once and for all. We're not getting rid of the crypto-cultists, obviously, but they're neither wealthy- or numerous enough to carry crypto.

you’re way off … look @ BTC and look how many hedge funds are pouring money into it, including the introduction of making BTC an Investment option amongst consumers … JP Morgan Chase offers this and BlackRock … them alone can carry BTC to a $100,000 price / coin

•••
That's not my question
Oh, you're looking for whether or not it actually sold for $600,000? That I don't know. Although it doesn't seem too far-fetched that it would sell at that price considering the buyer squandered $75,000 on socrates.xyz.

you’re way off … look @ BTC and look how many hedge funds are pouring money into it, including the introduction of making BTC an Investment option amongst consumers … JP Morgan Chase offers this and BlackRock … them alone can carry BTC to a $100,000 price / coin
Bitcoin isn't Web 3. The idea behind Web 3 is that encrypted links to services will be available through smart contracts, which is a feature of Ethereum, not Bitcoin. Bitcoin can only ever work as a method of payment, the infrastructure doesn't allow for anything else.

Investment firms offering Bitcoin is simply an adherence to market demand. Granted, only an idiot would buy Bitcoin through a third party, but it is what it is.

•••
Awesome sale

Art Illustration GIF by Guille Rojas

•••
Last edited:
•••
Just amazing.
Socrates was a greek philosopher.

•••
Finally a good name at a good price. I think this was priced just right.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back