NameSilo

GoDaddy's expiration process

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

Fork

Established Member
Impact
32
I have my eye on an expiring domain. Currently the domain is in its "redemption period" and from what I have heard that can be 2-4 weeks of time, then another week before it's actually dropped. What confuses me is this info:

Current Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Record Type: Domain Name
Server Type: Other
Lock Status: REDEMPTIONPERIOD
Data as of: 14-Jun-2005

What exactly does that mean? Has GoDaddy been holding the domain that long? Is there something about their expiration process I am missing?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
GoDaddy tend to hold onto domains for ages after they expire, I had to wait 6 months before a domain was dropped after expiring.

I then back ordered it with them and they failed to grab it - so I bought it manually.

Also watch for the auctions on TDNAM to make sure the domain isn't in that.
 
0
•••
Godaddy has nothing to do with when a domain is released. It all depends on the registry. After the 45 days, they give it to the registry, and the registry loves to sit on them for ages before letting you grab them.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back