Dynadot

GoDaddy Login Issue

NameSilo
Watch

Martin Andrews

Established Member
Impact
Anyone Help

I recently lost my phone which, due to 2FA has now locked me out of both my Godaddy account and the email associated with it.

I contacted Godaddy who told me to submit my passport and driving licence to changeupdate.com to change my email address associated with the account.

Now with this completed, and being told my new account is verified, i still cannot access my account, and I am getting nowhere with Godaddy 24/7 support.

@Joe Styler any help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
good luck !

HaHa Thanks - Epik and Namecheap took 5 mins to remove 2FA and reaccess my accounts. Godaddy, its been over a week and nowhere.

Edit - just got into my new account and no domains or auction service that I paid for in there.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry to hear this but can I ask which 2FA were you using Authy or Google Authenticator?

•••
Sorry to hear this but can I ask which 2FA were you using Authy or Google Authenticator?

Hi, was using Google Authenticator.

Just recieved this:

Unfortunately, the ChangeUpdate team is unable to assist with this account. You must contact our support directly for any assistance with access. Regrettably, we are unable to assist you with this claim. You may want to consider:

-Consulting an ICANN-approved arbitrator. Please review the following link: http://www.icann.org/dndr/udrp/approved-providers.htm

-Providing your legal counsel the following link for information about submitting legal documents to us (for example, an arbitration result or court order). Please refer to "Legal" at the bottom of our home page.

•••
Basically lost my account due to losing my phone, any help, or should I just lose the 22 domains I have there.

•••
•••
•••
Oh no!
I feel for you, that really sucks.

I actually pointed out on another thread just this week that this is a risk with 2FA.

I'm surprised that Epik and Namecheap did this for you as these security arrangements were introduced for a reason.

Your telco may be able to cancel your sim card and reissue you another with the same number if you can prove who you are.

Good luck.

•••
Back