IT.COM

GoDaddy .tv registry change and increase my .tv premium domain renew price

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tom365

Established Member
Impact
I register a .tv premium domain for price is $862.50 at dynadot.com, but godaddy .tv registry change this domain renew price to $1725 recently.

I'm contacting godaddy to feedback this problem. why godaddy .tv registry change my premium domain renew price?

If this .tv domain is a premium domain and the renewal price is $1725, dynadot can't register this domain for price $862.5, because the register price for .tv premium domain is the same as the renewal price. this .tv premium domain register price should be $1725, not $862.5. why godaddy .tv registry change my premium domain renew price?

please check all your .tv domain renew price. See if there are similar problem.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @tom365, GoDaddy Registry is an entirely different entity to GoDaddy, but please feel free to email me on jiles (at) godaddy.com to see if I can be of any help.

•••
Hi @tom365, GoDaddy Registry is an entirely different entity to GoDaddy, but please feel free to email me on jiles (at) godaddy.com to see if I can be of any help.

thanks your reply and help, I am just sent you a email and tell you my domain.

•••
I register a .tv premium domain for price is $862.50 at dynadot.com, but godaddy .tv registry change this domain renew price to $1725 recently.

I'm contacting godaddy to feedback this problem. why godaddy .tv registry change my premium domain renew price?

If this .tv domain is a premium domain and the renewal price is $1725, dynadot can't register this domain for price $862.5, because the register price for .tv premium domain is the same as the renewal price. this .tv premium domain register price should be $1725, not $862.5. why godaddy .tv registry change my premium domain renew price?

please check all your .tv domain renew price. See if there are similar problem.
.tv premium domains registered from ex registry (Verisign) after the .tv goldrush (March 2010) all have normal renewal fee as i can see. Premium renewal fee was only at some very old names when registry started, but if these names were dropped (many friends here did it by purpose after they had the backorder at name.com that was the only one that backordered premium .tv those days) changed to normal renewal fee.

As i did not fully understand the question, you registered the name at dynadot after Godaddy took over the registry and now if u try to renew it at dynadot it has high fee? Maybe is a new rule for premium names registered only after GD took over the extension?

Last edited:
•••
I checked all my portfolio, some are originated from verisign premium list, all have normal renewal fee. Maybe is a leak at a specific name?
@tom365 is it starting from L ?

•••
I think It "could be" a premium domain with an initial discount that later renews higher

•••
I think It "could be" a premium domain with an initial discount that later renews higher
After March of 2010 for Verisign there were no premium fees for new registrations.
As i said i checked my whole portfolio (120 names) where many are from verisign premium ist and all have normal renewal fee.
Generally increasing 50 times the renewal fee after a registration is totally unfair. When someone registers a name of course takes in consideration the renewal price, ok a 10%, 20% increase is usual at all registries, but 500% like the example of Tom is something else

Last edited:
•••
I checked all my portfolio, some are originated from verisign premium list, all have normal renewal fee. Maybe is a leak at a specific name?
@tom365 is it starting from L ?
Thank you for your reply. This is the first time I have encountered this matter. godaddy replied that they would not deal with this matter

•••

the renewal price is too unreasonable, increase renew price to $1725

•••
Thank you for your reply. This is the first time I have encountered this matter. godaddy replied that they would not deal with this matter
You tried to renew it at dynadot or transfer to godaddy?
Also is your name is starting with L?

•••
the renewal price is too unreasonable, increase renew price to $1725
Searching on Google for .tv registry, I found the site turnon.tv ( yes I know It's powered by GD ) but they have a contact form for question so probably they can help you

•••
Searching on Google for .tv registry, I found the site turnon.tv ( yes I know It's powered by GD ) but they have a contact form for question so probably they can help you
thanks

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back