NameSilo

GoDaddy takes down $100m listing for Bitcoin.com

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News, started by equity78, Apr 5, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

So Mike Sallese pointed this one out to me, a story on TheBlockCrypto.com posted an article about Bitcoin.com being listed for sale on GoDaddy for $100 million. Yogita Khatri wrote: Roger Ver, the owner of the domain, said it is in fact not for sale. "100% fake news," he told The Block. Ver showed The Block screenshots in which he appears to be messaging GoDaddy, saying: "Why are you … [Read more...]

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. The Durfer

The Durfer Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

wouldve been worth it, if legit. ty.

3. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. VIP Gold Account

Assuming the domain name bitcoin.com (1 x "bitcoin" (7 characters) + TLD .com (king - TLD)) would be worth $ 100 million USD, the domain name bitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoin.com (9 (ma)x "bitcoin" (9 x 7 characters = 63 characters = max number of characters) in a domain + TLD .com (king - TLD)) would have a value of $ 900 million USD which would mean that the domain name bitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoinbitcoin.top (9 (ma)x "bitcoin" (9 x 7 characters = 63 characters = max number of characters) in a domain + TLD .top (top - TLD)) would be a priceless asset.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  4. equity78

$100m?

5. The Durfer

yes with bitcoin's future ahead, definitely as a decentralized government hub site. yes.

6. ReallyBigIdea.com

ReallyBigIdea.com Established Member

what if somebody paid for the domain? oops

7. Alessandro Couteau

Alessandro Couteau Top Contributor VIP

I guess the buyer of BTC.com got lucky then, considering they only paid 1% of the asking BID for Bitcoin.com

Ridiculous ^ $100M durfer come on now ? What would Bitcoins.com be worth ? Crypto.com as a whole sold for $12M

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  8. Alessandro Couteau

Bitcoin.com undeveloped for minimum $100M would be for sale for a long time Imho ...

9. The Durfer

Everybody in the world wants it. Its priceless.

10. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. VIP Gold Account

It's not priceless, it just has no price as it is not for sale (at least that's the narrative).

11. pablohc86

pablohc86 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

how is possible that on godaddy ( one of the top domain company all over the world) an user can create a listing for a domain name now owned by him and for an amount like this? :facepalm:

12. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

Maybe @Joe Styler / @Paul Nicks from GoDaddy can explain it.

13. noneisnone

noneisnone 444 VIP Gold Account

i need an explanation i struggle to list MY DOMAINS THAT I OWN on go daddy platform how can someone bypass the tedious godaddy verification process

14. equity78

Good point some can't list their own legitimate domains.

15. Alessandro Couteau

I know what you’re saying, I just don’t see bitcoin.com selling that high ... but I’ve been surprised before

Similar story for the guy who owned crypto.com - he told everyone it was not for sale, and then he sold the name a few years later to MCO

Everyone has their price eventually

16. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

i just dont use Godaddy. Complicated to sell.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  17. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

An explanation from GoDaddy how the (fake) listing was possible at all would still be interesting.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice