Domain Empire

GoDaddy Software POOR SERVICE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Go Daddy software services?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • almost nil

votes
    33.3%
  • barely

votes
    16.7%
  • fair

vote
    8.3%
  • acceptable

votes
    41.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

hi,
need lots of help.
bought my first domain
from go daddy software in June, but until today,
I have not received any login ID or
password. domain cannot be used!!
meanwhile cash has been deducted
from my VISA for the last
few months.
all emails to go daddy software
are unanswered.
trying to access their web
site returns a
"NO PAGE to display",

HELP
can someone give any advice??

thanks
red

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How could you buy a domain from them without setting up an account first?

•••
Exactly! You can't get a domain name without setting up an account first. Email their customer supprt center. Usually get a response in 24 hours.

•••
I've had problems as well, logging into accounts and not being able to retreive my account name.

If you have an old receipt or invoice, look to see if your customer number is on it. You can also use that to log in.

•••
No problems with GD except with their lengthy DN transfer process. No easy pushes.
ST

•••
thanks for fast advice,
let me try to remember what happen.
I landed at go daddy after looking at some
"top 10 best web hosts" or something like that.
fill in the forms?( all data lost in my old comp!!!)
anyway, money was deducted from my VISA card.
have tried their support, complain etc... no replies
when I try to get into go daddy web site, I
get "no page to display!!"
I check the WHOIS, and the domain is listed under my
address (check out Borneoparadise.com)

I have tried ALL ways of getting to go daddy
but it seems i am "blocked??"
can someone give me an email address that I can use?

•••
ohhh same thing happend to me with godaddy.

what happened was that my cousin was on my computer using his domain from godaddy logged in and then i went on registered a domain like 4 days later but it had the cookies set i guess!...so it put it automatically on his account!

•••
Originally posted by jane118
ohhh same thing happend to me with godaddy.

what happened was that my cousin was on my computer using his domain from godaddy logged in and then i went on registered a domain like 4 days later but it had the cookies set i guess!...so it put it automatically on his account!

Now that's scary....same thing happened to me about a week ago. It was for a project me and my cousin were doing together so it really wasn't that big of a deal.

•••
ok guy/gals,
what's the solution?
where can i claim my lost domain.?
how I CONTACT go daddy software? who do i "talk" to??
it is a really bad first experience for me..
would some one help me
restore my confidence in all
these net transactions!!!

•••
•••
thanks dax,
however, the link you gave
leads to
"cannot find server"

•••
The link works for me

Domain Support - 480.505.8899
Technical Support - 480.505.8877

•••
not sure what is wrong
anything to do with
go daddy returns a "0"
by the way phone call
would be too expensive
for me as i live
way "downunder"
thanks anyway

•••
All my support tickets are generally responded to within 1-2 business days.

Mailing Address: Contact Information:
Go Daddy Software, Inc. Customer Support........................www.supportwebsite.com
14455 North Hayden Road Billing Questions.........................(480) 505-8855
Suite 226 Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM MST daily
Scottsdale, AZ 85260 General Technical Support........(480) 505-8877
Domain Support...........................(480) 505-8899
Fax Number..................................(480) 505-8844

•••
thanks jj2ii3344,
still cannot get in at www.supportwebsite.com. link returns a "cannot find server" message.
anybody out there know the reason WHY i cannot
just received my VISA card bill. charged AGAIN by go daddy software 4th month in a row for web hosting!!which I never received. HELP somebody

•••
Check the security settings in your computer. It might not be allowing you to access Go Daddy's site.

(Sorry, I forgot what security settings they should be. Get back to you on that).

Do you clean up your computer's cache, cookies, etc. as well? That might be what's preventing you, too....

•••
well i did spring clean the cache/cookies.......

davezan, waiting for your latest info
thanks

•••
check out XP win site. two reasons for "cannot find server page"
1. update patch bug
2. "worms" in the system!!
still have sorted it out yet.
surprisingly have no problem logging on namepros

any suggestions?

•••
Get a new Operating System.

•••
I've had problems with godaddy in the past, it's not my favourite registrar by far.

•••
Originally posted by kohashi
Get a new Operating System.
what the alternative that you suggest?

linux? lindows?

•••
•••
I have had issues with them, mainly losing my domains. They were in someone elses account. It took everything outside of giving blood to get it back. They and NC suck

•••
Originally posted by Riceman
I have had issues with them, mainly losing my domains. They were in someone elses account. It took everything outside of giving blood to get it back. They and NC suck

ditto X14 >:(>:(

•••
What is your computer set up redhipster? Not too much info just operating system, internet connection, cpu. Do you have a static ip address? going through a firewall? or internal proxy?

Have you checked for viruses? If you can connect to other sites, it probably is not the problem.

The likely reason is an ip ban/block out. They have probably looked on their blow-up plastic world globe to see where Borneo is and said "what the!!" Where not accepting customers from there. :hehe:
I'm just spectulating = Your isp is assigning you an ip address and someone in that ip address range has been bad and got the ip address range banned with some websites. You're just caught up in the mayhem.
Best solution is to use a public proxy or a paid proxy. This website will explain it all. http://www.publicproxyservers.com/index.html
Pick one of the public proxies - set it up on your internet settings and see if it fixes your "cannot find server page".
Godaddy have a password recovery area. Click on "My Account" and there is a yellow box for password recovery. However you will need to know your login or customer number. Customer number is on your confirmation email. If you do not know login name or customer number and you do not have the confirmation email - I am afraid it is a case of catch22. You need the login name to get into order history to get a copy of confirmation email to get customer number to get login name and password etc.
Send support an email. Remember - honey catches more flies than vinegar. Tell them how great they are and you are setting up a big website referring them customers etc etc appreciate a quick reply so you can keep recommending them or the old "we represent Borneo Consumer Affairs TV program and we are investaging claims you are ripping off our citzens etc" email.
And if all else fails - contact your credit card company and get them to refund the money back. The best thing about credit cards is you are always right. The credit card company will come down hard on the merchant (godaddy). They will refund you, take the money off godaddy. That will get godaddy's attention pretty quick. You might lose the domain - but you will get your money back. A better position than you are in now.

blow-up-plastic-globe.com is available!! be quick. :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back