Dynadot

events GoDaddy shares improvements/future of its Registrar and brands

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Right before NamesCon Online kicks in, GoDaddy held a Zoom meeting to discuss current and upcoming improvements to its brands' features and functionality:
  • GoDaddy
  • Afternic
  • Uniregistry
It's going to be an exciting six to nine months ahead, with many improvements on track by year's end. Here's part of what was shared during the meeting.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain gang site is never accessible from a number of non-U.S. jurisdictions and/or commonly used VPN services, so posting the content here may be more appropriate

Last edited:
•••
•••
Which country are you at, @tonyk2000 ?

Some are blocked by the firewall if entire networks perform a certain type of persistent requests.

•••
Good update, Theo, thanks!

Thanks Jothan, I'm personally impressed by the commitment that GoDaddy is displaying to its brands currently. Afternic 2.0 will take a while to complete but good things seem to be ahead. I'll be watching NamesCon functions by GoDaddy and others in the coming 3 days.

•••
Which country are you at, @tonyk2000 ?

Some are blocked by the firewall if entire networks perform a certain type of persistent requests.

You block too many countries and networks. South America and Asia in particular. I simply removed the bookmark to this site, years ago ;-()

Right now:

badgang.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Personally, I let the firewall do its work, and that's the way it is. I'm sorry you are no longer a reader, I'm not aware of valid VPNs being blocked. Plenty of access via Europe/Americas for VPN access. I cannot please everyone.

Onto the subject.

•••
Right before NamesCon Online kicks in, GoDaddy held a Zoom meeting to discuss current and upcoming improvements to its brands' features and functionality:
  • GoDaddy
  • Afternic
  • Uniregistry
It's going to be an exciting six to nine months ahead, with many improvements on track by year's end. Here's part of what was shared during the meeting.
I don't remember to many blog post from you about the real guys who are innovating our industry, like epik or dan, but you are advertising the stone age afternic, for every small thing (they will reach soon the 90's if they are in developing mood)...that sounds just right. No affiliation to godaddy/afternic right?

•••
I attended the same Zoom meeting other bloggers did and was quick to share the news. My report shares some of the upcoming (short term) changes.

If you don't like Afternic's functionality, I'm with you on that. I don't use GoDaddy either. However, dropping DAN and Epik in a news thread about GoDaddy seems to be unrelated.

Keep it clean.

•••
What kind of website is it?

•••
Last edited:
•••
The domain gang site is never accessible from a number of non-U.S. jurisdictions and/or commonly used VPN services, so posting the content here may be more appropriate
For me from Ukraine it doesn't work...
Direct connection, no any VPNs.

•••
For me from Ukraine it doesn't work...
Direct connection, no any VPNs.
It means that the whole Ukraine (as well as a number of other countries) contstantly established persistent connections to domain gang. Or, at least, it is what the website owner found and disclosed a few posts above...

Last edited:
•••
It means that the whole Ukraine (as well as a number of other countries) contstantly established persistent connections to domain gang. Or, at least, it is what the website owner found and disclosed a few posts above...

Send me your IP and I will white-list you, even if you are in China (also blocked.)

•••
On subject: GoDaddy has pledged changes and improvements to its services. They have provided a short term/long term timeline to integrate tech from Uniregistry into Afternic's marketplace. Hopefully, into the GD registrar as well. That'd be a sight for sore eyes.

•••
This little part with them doubling down on GoValue in the sales process is a bit annoying. Domain owners don’t need GD to tell them how to price their domains.

• Pricing guidelines: To help prevent confusion from owners, GoValue is embedded in the process.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back