Dynadot

GoDaddy shares and earnings up

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

john888

Established Member
Impact
Godaddy shares are up big time after the Dan buyout. It was a smart move by Godaddy forcing us all to change to their name servers for a lower 15% commission on their domain sales network. I am guessing revenue will keep going up.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Meanwhile in other news due to their renewal prices I just moved my whole portfolio to an alternate registrar after almost 2 decades. Prices have consequences.

I still use Afternic to get the lower commissions - but that doesn't mean I have to keep my names registered with GD

Last edited:
•••
I don't think any of us renew our domains at Godaddy. End users buy the domain and continue to renew at Godaddy, probably host there also. They are becoming the Google of domains.

•••
A lot of new investor/web users will go with Godaddy, these aren't your average domainer with dozens or hundreds of domains. All that high profile advertising spend works. Godaddy want you buying all the web/service bolt-on and when that remains affordable why not. Most businesses aren't going to be that picky over a few hundred dollars if it gives the stability, affordability and service add on that appeals. I doubt they'll even look elsewhere.

Domainers are probably (these days) a pain in the arse for Godaddy. I wonder just how much of this continued growth is down to additional services sold.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back