video GoDaddy puts out a video on how to make money with domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
How to buy and sell domains for a profit. That’s the video GoDaddy released today on You Tube. 195 views and 13 likes so far. The video is the basics to help bring new people looking to make some money with a side hustle.

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Wow - Maybe godaddy can actually help me. The link could be used in a response to UDRP - showing that domaining is indeed a legitimate use of a non-trademarked domain.

•••
Wow - Maybe godaddy can actually help me. The link could be used in a response to UDRP - showing that domaining is indeed a legitimate use of a non-trademarked domain.

Solid point

•••
Some people will lose lots money based on that video ))

And, no, real estate people don't like spending money on a great domain, they'll stick to a bad one and spend a lot instead on paid clicks )

•••
How to buy and sell domains for a profit. That’s the video GoDaddy released today on You Tube. 195 views and 13 likes so far. The video is the basics to help bring new people looking to make some money with a side hustle.

Continue Reading
$200 are dirty cheap 😆 go on namepros and grab a damn good .com or a dictionary net for $10 like as Cheaps.net

those ppl are not domainers..

•••
Some people will lose lots money based on that video ))

And, no, real estate people don't like spending money on a great domain, they'll stick to a bad one and spend a lot instead on paid clicks )
Yeah - Real Estate people never spend the money they should spend to have autonomous web presence.

•••
1. Let's help the newcomers ... (2)
1.png

2. in deciding to withdraw $ from a retirement ... [you don't need to save that much] (3)
3.png

3. You really don't need to study so much! Experience? Nah! ... Just ask Namepros and that's it :)
2.png

The bonus is that the simple, straightforward message will probably result in more $ % ... for premium listing @ GD auction.

Regards

•••
Did anyone notice the strange "eye contact hot potato" these two were playing the whole time? Look at the camera, then look at her ...oh no she's looking at me, look back at the camera for a few seconds, then back to her. Reminds me of that Old Spice commercial.

I'm on a horse.

•••
The bonus is that the simple, straightforward message will probably result in more $ % ... for premium listing @ GD auction.
And higher prices for domains one wants to buy now, due to more newbies who won't know how much is too much when they're bidding on domains. ..great....:rolleyes:

•••
How to buy and sell domains for a profit. That’s the video GoDaddy released today

Times must be getting tough over there. Short term auction prices will go up...it will only extend the drop of the names for one to three years...once renewals come due the drops will begin. Just means our buying window is expanded a while (thank goodness...spent too much in 19...I need a break).

•••
And higher prices for domains one wants to buy now, due to more newbies who won't know how much is too much when they're bidding on domains. ..great....:rolleyes:
Well stated, given how high the current prices, and huge domains bidding up on every auction, by the time you build a 20-25 domain portfolio you are out of pocket a lot of money, making that money back is a real difficult task when you are paying so much for a domain, and paying a 20 percent commission.

•••
Well stated, given how high the current prices, and huge domains bidding up on every auction, by the time you build a 20-25 domain portfolio you are out of pocket a lot of money, making that money back is a real difficult task when you are paying so much for a domain, and paying a 20 percent commission.

Let's assume 100 names with GD average valuation of $3000. You'd need to pay little over 12% to beat HD, so you are looking at 100x3000x12%=$36,000+ investment.

Let's assume GD valuation is accurate and you'd price accordingly and will sell 1% a year. So you'd be earning $3000 a year, minus 850$ for renewals, i.e. $2,150 net. That is about 6% return on investment. You are much better off buying stocks, which historically have proven to deliver returns around 10% annually. And they are much less risky asset.

•••
Did they warn everyone not to use their broken software platfrom ? and that hosting a site with a provider that cant even develop a working site themselves with 12bill marketcap is joke ?

anyhow thank you for info. i will watch video and comment accordingly.

•••
They have produced this video keeping in mind the newbies. Dont take it seriously Pros. We have much better tips and tricks here at NamePros pages.

Last edited:
•••
8:11 mins wasted in my life watching that video..FML 😒

•••
They have produced this video keeping in mind the newbies. Dont take it seriously Pros. We have much better tips and tricks here at NamePros pages.

That is the thing though. This video can harm newbies. It is serving the registrar's self interest. Register lots of names, and wait many years renewing. No explanation regarding wholesale prices, very low sell through ratios. No warnings that most lose money. They start with someone registering a name for 8 bucks and selling for millions. Get someone watching in the mindset that that is still possible.

•••
Let's assume 100 names with GD average valuation of $3000. You'd need to pay little over 12% to beat HD, so you are looking at 100x3000x12%=$36,000+ investment.

Let's assume GD valuation is accurate and you'd price accordingly and will sell 1% a year. So you'd be earning $3000 a year, minus 850$ for renewals, i.e. $2,150 net. That is about 6% return on investment. You are much better off buying stocks, which historically have proven to deliver returns around 10% annually. And they are much less risky asset.

Totally agree with this and at the same time, this is were experience counts.

•••
There should be a dragons den type youtube live stream where domain name investors can pitch their domain to domain name buyers in exchange for instant cash

It's only a matter of time before this will be a reality

If Godaddy agree to their valuation appraisals they should buy domains from investors at their valuation which would give credibility to their valuation but if any company values a domain name at a certain amount but isn't prepared to buy the domain at that amount it doesn't say much about the valuation etc

•••
•••
I actually liked the video .. but they should speak more about new gTLDs there, imo :)

•••
Godaddy should feature domain name investors in its videos and give examples of domains that were bought from domain name investors by companies a bit like domain sherpa does where a buyer of a big price domain name is interviewed and openly explains that although the domain name they paid big bucks for was money well spent etc

•••
yes, yes, we are further down the road then the video, but that's pretty good for people that dont even know the industry exist and want to diversify in investing. ty. :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back