Domain Empire

news GoDaddy Promotes Domain Investing on its Homepage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Registrar builds awareness about domain investing through prominent feature.

Large companies can make a big impact. When McDonald’s started offering apple slices in kids meals, it became the largest restaurant buyer of apples in the U.S. overnight. For all of its faults, it also made a huge impact on childhood nutrition.

Like McDonald’s can do with food, GoDaddy can have a big impact on how people think about domain names. That’s why it’s exciting to see the company promote domain name investing prominently on its homepage

It also has this video about domain investing, which gives a shoutout to NamePros:

Full Article Here:
http://domainnamewire.com/2017/07/06/godaddy-promotes-domain-investing-homepage/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many people dont realize they can have domains without hosting and websites.

I find myself explaining that a lot.

I wish more people understood that.

Even though something like 90% of people in the US are "online", i wonder what percentage actually understand that they can build a portfolio of valuable domains and not have websites attached.

•••
Many people dont realize they can have domains without hosting and websites.

I find myself explaining that a lot.

I wish more people understood that.

Even though something like 90% of people in the US are "online", i wonder what percentage actually understand that they can build a portfolio of valuable domains and not have websites attached.

Lol...bro, I still have people chatting to me over the phone and when they ask my email address they want to know if it's all lowercase. :ROFL: - It seems to happen less frequently these days but the fact that is still happens is shocking to me. I would understand if the person asking was an old pensioner or something of the sort but these are people working in companies, who no doubt use email communcation for a large part of their day. If they haven't figured out yet that all domains are lower case then I think we are a long way from them understanding that they can own a domain without hosting.. :)

•••
This is greate news. Godaddy is the #1 registrar by the no. of domains and people like to buy domains registered with them rather than with most other registrars. I think we will see lots of new members at NamePros soon. I remember once some people said NP is for newbies. But every big domainer starts as a newbie. See where NamePros stands now.

Congrats to All on this achievement. This is not just 1 member effort. Every member has contributed to NamePros to be in this stance. Way to go NamePros.

•••
if only web hosting were more affordable. I wish there was a deal whereby you could get free exploratory hosting with every domain. Call it the explorer plan. You could develop and rig up a site
until the bandwidth reached "traffic" levels outside of the basic development level most of domainers barely reach
If you could get their domains with a added value thingy that you could migrate to full hosting when you were ready then there are a half dozen domains I would nab right now. I could nurse them thru development and possibly attract enterprise investors along the way.

Last edited:
•••
Way to go NamePros to be called out by GoDaddy!

•••
The more people that compete for domains the more the value goes up and the more godaddy auctions make. Plus all the crazy hand reg's from newbies.

I'm for it..... the more the merrier in my opinion.

HeHe.... and I only say that because I already have what I need.

•••
That is a very nice, succinct overview of domain names that will likely enhance the coffers of GoDaddy and perhaps bump up the membership ranks on NamePros a bit.

Well done and should benefit all concerned including new potential investors.

•••
You can. Just not with godaddy. I actually offered a free website with included page builder with every domain registered on one of my sites while still only charging 8.99 for .com every year.

if only web hosting were more affordable. I wish there was a deal whereby you could get free exploratory hosting with every domain. Call it the explorer plan. You could develop and rig up a site
until the bandwidth reached "traffic" levels outside of the basic development level most of domainers barely reach
If you could get their domains with a added value thingy that you could migrate to full hosting when you were ready then there are a half dozen domains I would nab right now. I could nurse them thru development and possibly attract enterprise investors along the way.

•••
This is good for domainers. Makes easier flips not holding for end users forever

•••
Now you'll have end users here pretending to be new domainers buying domains at 5% of what they would have paid from your own sales page, afternic etc... Max budget $50 :ROFL: Okay to flip junk but keep the gems priced where they should be as that new member could be Undercover Boss. :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
Registrar builds awareness about domain investing through prominent feature.

Large companies can make a big impact. When McDonald’s started offering apple slices in kids meals, it became the largest restaurant buyer of apples in the U.S. overnight. For all of its faults, it also made a huge impact on childhood nutrition.

Like McDonald’s can do with food, GoDaddy can have a big impact on how people think about domain names. That’s why it’s exciting to see the company promote domain name investing prominently on its homepage

It also has this video about domain investing, which gives a shoutout to NamePros:

Full Article Here:
http://domainnamewire.com/2017/07/06/godaddy-promotes-domain-investing-homepage/
That's a great plug for NamePros (y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back