IT.COM

GoDaddy payments to Non US sellers - Poll

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

If we opened the ability to pay non US customers via PayPal would this be helpful for you?

• 74 votes
  • Ended 8 years ago
  • Final results

Joe Styler

Aftermarket Product ManagerTop Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
I want to get a sense of how helpful it would be to open up payments to customers outside of the United States via PayPal for any domain sales revenue you earn. Understanding that you would have to still follow PayPal's guidelines, i.e. if they do not currently pay in your country this will not be an option for you.

Please vote in the Poll and beyond PayPal please list in the comments the #1 way you would want to be paid if you live outside of the United States.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm a little confused about why there has to be a discussion around payment methods.

I'm sure there must be a valid reason but I dont understand why can't everyone that does business online have all the main payment gateways as options. So that people can choose whatever option they want. Am I missing something, are there tax implications or cost implications that I am not aware off?

Additionally, I see NO reason why people can not recieve payments as little as $50 that is being tied in various godaddy account just because they do not meet the initial threshold. It is wrong, very wrong to hold people's money no matter how godaddy tries to justify their claims, especially where domain names have been transferred to buyers, while the seller is yet to get paid.

•••
@Joe,

Thanks for opening a thread about this. I'm an active seller on GoDaddy's marketplace (European customer) so this topic is of interest to me.

When setting a payee method I can choose from cheque, good as gold and Wire transfer. Only the latter is convenient for me but the downside is a payment threshold for this payee method which is 1,000 USD.

It would be nice if this amount changes to 500 usd.

Also some of payee methods I would like seeing in payees list:

#1 Payoneer
#2 others similar to payoneer

•••
+1 for PayPal from Germany here.
A reason I do not push domains at GoDaddy Auctions is that the receiving funds is not as flexible as it is for paying for a domain. You can pay via PayPal, but you cannot receive funds via Paypal... crazy!

•••
Yes we are actively working on adding it now. I am not sure how long it will take to get it added but it is being worked on currently.

•••
I don't think all those you wrote up there is for me. I have my reason for requesting for payoneer or skrill and nobody is disputing Paypal's dominance. However, there is still a huge number of countries where paypal isn't fully operational. In Nigeria, we can only spend but can't receive paypal funds. How do you handle cases like mine, huh? Payoneer and Skrill are fully operational.

What I think is appropriate to say is compatibility with Godaddy's financial status.

Payoneer is cheap, less fees, they also do bank transfer free of charge. That would also be nice if GoDaddy add it as payee.

•••
@alcy,

If you want, I'm willing to go back and count all the votes payoneer got in this sole thread.

When Joe opened the thread he created a poll asking only for Paypal whether we want it or not, but people then wrote their opinions and made it clearly that services like Payoneer and Skrill are their no.1 pick.

•••
I think having both Payoneer and Paypal options would be great.

•••
Payoneer is a convenient solution for customers and many big companies pay their customers through Payoneer and Skrill.

•••
Another vote for PayPal and Payoneer. Yes, it would be of a great help as it will dramatically lower our fees and/or the process will take less time.

IMO with PayPal and/or Payoneer I would never ever use current options: wire transfers and cheques!!

Currently, GoDaddy is far behind all other big aftermarkets regarding payment options.

•••
I dont get it.. I am in Europe and I get my money from sales on Paypal?

Old Godaddy users can use PayPal, new users can't use. The odd thing is this, if their accounting department can send PayPal why they don't use this option for everyone? If their accounting department can use ACH why they can't use Payoneer? A world-wide registrar with tons of different languages and currency support but still trying to send snail mail cheques in year 2016.

•••
I'm a little confused about why there has to be a discussion around payment methods.

I'm sure there must be a valid reason but I dont understand why can't everyone that does business online have all the main payment gateways as options. So that people can choose whatever option they want. Am I missing something, are there tax implications or cost implications that I am not aware off?

•••
@Joe Styler , Hi any update about the progress of having Paypal as Payee for Non US activated for us.

•••
We are not stopping at PayPal. I understand that there are many places that PayPal is not accepted as a payment method. We are looking at the other options as well and are exploring different options to help make payments easier for the non US based customers. We think that ALL of our customers are important no matter where they live or do business and we are trying to make some progress in this area so we can help make things easier for everyone.

•••
@Joe,

Thanks for opening a thread about this. I'm an active seller on GoDaddy's marketplace (European customer) so this topic is of interest to me.

When setting a payee method I can choose from cheque, good as gold and Wire transfer. Only the latter is convenient for me but the downside is a payment threshold for this payee method which is 1,000 USD.

It would be nice if this amount changes to 500 usd.

Also some of payee methods I would like seeing in payees list:

#1 Payoneer
#2 others similar to payoneer

Exactly my problems and thw fixes I wanted to seee. Payoneer willbe very very good since almost every company now pays through it and for free.

My account has no good as gold option

•••
Thanks Joe for the essential poll.

Definitely, it will be helpful if PayPal is added.

Moreover, Payoneer and skrill may bring more ease in collecting funds.

Thank you.

•••
payoneer will be a good one, please add it.

•••
When sending Wire transfer to me GoDaddy says it uses TIPALTI solutions.

These are payment methods TIPALTI offers to its customers: http://tipalti.com/how-it-works/pay-methods/

The most interesting are payments to prepaid debit cards among which is Payoneer.

•••
•••
Joe,

This will be a big help. You know it is funny, I was trying to set up a payee account with Godaddy the other day for the domains I have listed as premiums and I realized PayPal is not an option so I abandoned the whole thing.

Cons of current payment methods to international sellers.

For wire transfer Threshold is $1000

Wire transfer fee is around $45 or $60 (I don't remember exactly) plus the bank charges another $17.50 for incoming wire transfers so by the time you receive money in the account another $60+ is deducted from the sale price.

Cheques take too long to receive

If PayPal option is added then I believe it will take care of all the issues above, and hopefully the sellers get their money faster as well as get to keep more money in their pocket, especially when making multiple sales.

When will you add the option?

•••
•••
I want to get a sense of how helpful it would be to open up payments to customers outside of the United States via PayPal for any domain sales revenue you earn. Understanding that you would have to still follow PayPal's guidelines, i.e. if they do not currently pay in your country this will not be an option for you.

Please vote in the Poll and beyond PayPal please list in the comments the #1 way you would want to be paid if you live outside of the United States.
Hi JOE,

GoDaddy should implement Payoneer ...
(Way better than PayPal IMO)

Thanks.

•••
True. Many smaller companies have a variety of payout methods for their customers but GoDaddy still doesn't.

Everyone who took part in this thread asked for Payoneer to be added as payee option at GoDaddy.

•••
Just want to keep this thread alive. I know it is not the best time of the year for action, but still this matter is so important...

•••
Payoneer (most universal), Skrill and PayPal would be great!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back