IT.COM

GoDaddy locking by default??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I usually reg then change my nameservers..this AM I regged a name and BY default the domain was LOCKED. Usually at godaddy this something you have to do manually..it was a .info.. Seems a very good feature!!
Anyone have this happen??

jim

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi jim,

I just reg'd some today with them also, but I still had to go into my manager to lock them. I wonder if you might have a new option checked on enabling this, have you looked through your manager? It would be a cool option to set locked as default.

Peace, kp

•••
well

kenny,

I agree

It would be a cool option to set locked as default.

if it was a option I didn't manually enable it..

jim

•••
Hi,

I have noticed the same thing ... I have had to unlock in order to change Name Servers ...

And they have changed their purchase form ... it is even longer than before !

Grégoire.

•••
With the ICANN transfer rules taking effect on Nov. 12, I'd imagine each and
every registrar will do this to prevent the possibility of the domain name being
taken away without your knowledge. You can always log back inside and turn
it off if you don't want it locked, but you run the risk of it happening to you.

One can't be too careful. :blink:

•••
not longer

NewInDomains said:
Hi,

I have noticed the same thing ... I have had to unlock in order to change Name Servers ...

And they have changed their purchase form ... it is even longer than before !

Grégoire.

I don't think its longer ..just that you have to scroll to bottom of page to "proceed to check-out" before "nothanks" on the NEXT page then check-out >:(

jim

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back