Dynadot

GoDaddy just Shocked Me.. Again. Stupid me?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

waterman

Established Member
Impact
Just bought a domain on GoDaddy... and after they processed the charges and issued the receipt, they sent an email DEMANDING that I

1. upload a scan of both sides of my government issued ID card
2. tell them why I bought it & how I intend to use it
3. some other nonsense tyranny crap

Their re-write of our purchase contract after-the-fact includes "informing me" that I have 48 hours to comply, or I do not get the domain.

Call support confirmed nobody can deal with these "verification Nazis" and I will not get the domain unless I fuly comply with the terms.

He also told me most of you people do just that... uploading your scanned IDs into some online database somewhere, after the Nazis tell you it's safer that way.

He also told me that after I don't comply, the name goes into a "mock redemption" system...which I can only assume is as clear and reliable as their expired domain redemtion system.

Wow.... just wow.

For those who wonder.... their "enter the verification code we just sent you" times out after 10 minutes, and the other day none of their codes were showing up in under 10 minutes.... hence I had to "create a new account" which I did.. using my real name and address etc.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Worse and worse in what way?

Cost of domains both in destroying the discount domain club pricing, but also their premium domains that pull things out of circulation to control the market on them. I get it, but I don't like it.

•••
Cost of domains both in destroying the discount domain club pricing, but also their premium domains that pull things out of circulation to control the market on them. I get it, but I don't like it.

So basically, cost if you want to get down to it.

•••
I moved all my clients away from GoDaddy when they stopped supporting permission-specific account "drop in". I manage domains for my clients now and bill them separately.

Edit: I was willing to pay a few extra $$$ a year for these features. Unfortunate they got removed.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back