auctions GoDaddy is going to make a lot on this one – 5111.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
One of the greatest benefits of being GoDaddy is you get to benefit from other people's laziness or misfortune. The 17 year old domain 5111.com just hit GoDaddy Auctions and it's already at $152,000. Leave a comment where you think it will close. closest person wins $20. Bid Date Bid Expires Bidder Bid Amount 2017/04/14 11:52 AM (PDT) 2017/04/23 10:20 AM … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi, i am new at this and don't get why 5111 is good? Who would need that domain for that price? So if i get a domain with 4 numbers i can sale it for that price too?

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
i think it will plateau around 200K.

•••
It is rare and memorable.

Only 300 similar names with triple repeat in NNNN

•••
•••
9001/com is even rarer and it is currently auctioned on Godaddy: (auction link)

It is not rarer from the perspective of repeating numbers. You can have 1000 of repeating adjacent numbers. But, yes, it is a beautiful number as well and should get high price too.

•••
This is why I meant rare:

•••
But that is not any "rarer" than 1002, 2002, 3002, 4002, 5002 etc.

Again, it is fantastic name and should be similar to 5111 in value.

•••
Most folk would want ABBB over ABBC pattern

•••
Actually, I was wrong. There only 200 of ABBB and BBBA.

Personally, I think 9001 is not any worse. But you have to remember that even westerners look at it from Chinese perspective according to which 0 and 4 are somehow not as good.

This also makes no sense even from real Chinese perspective as 0 can be really good and 5 actually means "not" and can turn positive into negative. But domainers have decided this way and perception has become reality.

But still, all you need is couple of guys with sufficient funds going at it against each other ) Good luck.

•••
I owned this name and sold it in 2013 for the pricely sum of 15k Usd - unsure whats happened to the new owner. Just shows how much they have increased in value the last 4 years.
Just checked and it was transfered to ename xiamen

yeah, i have been seeing this a lot lately. chinese get the domain and in the meantime, with all the fast transfers, the domain gets renewed to a few years in the future. but then the chinese - who like very much to use fake whois info - loose track of domains and don't get the renew warning email.

completely ludicrous. different mindset. they go all in, and are extremely emotional when it comes to investments, but lack of proper management.

i sold a very similar one in mid 2011 for $7k. in 2013 they were at 15k. in early 2015 at 35k and at the end of 2015 above $70k. a bubble is a bubble...

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back