IT.COM

GoDaddy increased the renewals to $17.99?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering if anyone else saw this. When buying a domain using auctions(expired), it used to show extra $14.99 but in 2019 it went up to $17.99. Reminds me of those days when we used to renew domains for $7.49. Is there any way to get a better price? Even with 30OFF coupon, the final price is over $12.50.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
GD lol... just use another place like Epik or NameSilo.

Don't feed the beast, when it starves to death you win.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Dynadot $ 8.19 transfer ($8.99 renewal)

Last edited:
•••
I don't think they have GD expired auctions at those other places.

JB is correct, we are misreading the OP's post.

I have godaddy discount club and one of my domains charged out at $17.99

I emailed support and was told that is the new price but when I got in touch with my account rep he fixed it and said he does not understand why I was charged that with discount club.

I smell a change in the air....

•••
PS... don't expect a reply back from the o.p. too soon.

3 posts in 13 years :xf.laugh: :xf.laugh: :xf.laugh:

I gave him his 1st like just now :xf.eek:

Last edited:
•••
JB is correct, we are misreading the OP's post.

I have godaddy discount club and one of my domains charged out at $17.99

I emailed support and was told that is the new price but when I got in touch with my account rep he fixed it and said he does not understand why I was charged that with discount club.

I smell a change in the air....

Haven't gotten one this year yet but some from December:

Auctions Expired Domain - $8.47
Expiry Domain Name Purchase - $8.17

But Discount Club members should be ok.

Anybody know the difference between:

Auctions Expired Domain
Expiry Domain Name Purchase

Don't know if one is a personal auction but they both say expired or expiry

ah nevermind it was a transfer fee - .COM Domain Transfer
Expiry Domain Name Purchase - $8.17

Last edited:
•••
I have godaddy discount club and one of my domains charged out at $17.99 I emailed support and was told that is the new price but when I got in touch with my account rep he fixed it and said he does not understand why I was charged that with discount club. I smell a change in the air....[/QUOTE said:
Thank you. Can you share the discount club pricing info please

Last edited:
•••
•••
Its like they intentionally change settings. At what point do you throw up your hands and decide the hassle is great enough to actually bother transferring everything out.

•••

Last edited:
•••
When buying a domain using auctions(expired), it used to show extra $14.99 but in 2019 it went up to $17.99. Reminds me of those days when we used to renew domains for $7.49. Is there any way to get a better price? Even with 30OFF coupon, the final price is over $12.50.

I thought it was the auction price plus an extra $8.29. (For .com's anyway.)

•••
In the last 2 weeks, I've transferred half of my domain names from Godaddy (17.99 .com- 19.99 .Net)
to NameSilo ( 8.39 .Com - 11.79 .Net) huge Difference in the price + NameSilo gives more features like FREE Privacy and domain protection.
So why would I help Godaddy when they don't help me?

•••
GD lol... just use another place like Epik or NameSilo.

Don't feed the beast, when it starves to death you win.

At Epik, we offer special renewal pricing for NamePros users. We offer .com renewals at $8.49usd for all payment methods OR $8.10usd if you're okay with wiring funds rather than using Paypal or a credit card. Shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I'll be happy to update your account with whichever option you'd like as well as helping you get started!

•••
Dynadot $ 8.19 transfer ($8.99 renewal)
Is there a point using GD then? Would it be better just to buy elsewhere and have cheaper renewal and don't waste money on the transfer?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back