Dynadot

GoDaddy for hosting?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

liam_d

The original NP Emo KidEstablished Member
Impact
Im looking at godaddy.com and its 9.95 a month for 500gb bandwith...has anyone had an experience with godaddys shared hosting?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hate godaddys hosting the cotrol panel sucks and their customer service was poor.

•••
Actually I just ordered a godaddy account with 50Gb space and 500Gb bandwidth just to use for my video site (some video files) and for now its actually quite fast. I will not go further with there services, but there control panel has improved allot. Its much better than there old one, and I actually figured out how to con-fig the mysql, as before it made no sense. Also its much more efficient than before.
For beginners, I would use godaddy. Quite fast too.

•••
StackedTech said:
I use to have an account with zoneserv but they practically switched servers every week. It was horrible. So I got my own dedicated server. :)

We did not switch servers every week, just an example from two of our servers:
02:03:47 up 91 days, 15:55, 1 user, load average: 0.16, 0.19, 0.19
09:04:05 up 30 days, 13:54, 1 user, load average: 0.27, 0.38, 0.37

One is up for more then 3 months, and the other one a month (with no reboots).

We only switched 2 old servers into 2 new servers in order to improve our services, and that was months ago, all of our servers are now atleast 2.8GHz with atleast 2GB RAM.

Average uptime for March 2006 was 99.97%, now if that's bad for you; you should do some searchings.

Have a pleasant week,
Gil - ZoneServ.com.

•••
Gil are you around at the moment ?

whats happening with the servers ?

georgie

•••
•••
i had a test account with godaddy for hosting some stuff
very fast speed for downloadig/uploading normal "speed" for php stuff
i'm not unhappy with them, for the price i paid it was a very good experience

•••
misscalais said:
Gil are you around at the moment ?

whats happening with the servers ?

georgie

Yes Georgie I'm around, what's happening with the servers?
May's average uptime on all server was 99.99% so really, what is happening?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back